Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

6 hours ago, LeeM said:

Not sure if it's just me thinking this, and I'm not trying to start an 'air cooled is better' argument, yet going by the apparent inherent problems with some various water cooled models (IMS, bore scoring etc), it doesn't really make them a very attractive proposition to a potential buyer if they read up about them. 

Again, not stirring the pot, but bore scoring sounds like a pretty serious problem to have to fix when you're dropping a fair wedge of cash on a Porsche

My 2006 4S had a sooty passenger side exhaust tip and much more oil consumption than my current 2005 997 S. That’s why I had the S scoped during the ppi when purchasing it. The 06 was totalled by a marsupial misadventure so a moot point anyway. Just beware if a Meteor Grey 6 speed with black interior comes up for sale with around 82k and a wovr status. 😎

I can see 991.2 GT3 all being around this price by Feb or March next year when the new 992 GT3 start landing down under , should be some great cars up for grabs if someone is in the market for a 991.2 GT3 , that one was a lovely example ..

1 hour ago, Raven said:

I can 991.2 GT3 all being around this price by Feb or March next year when the new 992 GT3 start landing down under , should be some great cars up for grabs if someone is in the market for a 991.2 GT3 , that one was a lovely example ..

I'd love to know numbers delivered. Supposedly more RS were sold than GT3 - one thing is for sure, neither is a rare car globally.

11 hours ago, LeeM said:

Not sure if it's just me thinking this, and I'm not trying to start an 'air cooled is better' argument, yet going by the apparent inherent problems with some various water cooled models (IMS, bore scoring etc), it doesn't really make them a very attractive proposition to a potential buyer if they read up about them. 

Again, not stirring the pot, but bore scoring sounds like a pretty serious problem to have to fix when you're dropping a fair wedge of cash on a Porsche

I look at it like the old air cooled 2.7 engine issues that plagued the mark in the 70-80s - they were the subject of thermal failures at the head stud which resulted in all kinds of issues - it was an expensive fix then (and still is now)  In truth it was US only cars with pollution fixes (5 blade fan, different exhaust etc..).  It only occurred in a fraction of cars,  but it tarnished the generation for may years.  Time has been kind to the 2.7 overall and we just understand that the 7R case needs to be time-certed during an inevitable rebuild.

The risk in the 996/997 generation is a failure of multiple independent technicians taking up the work - this does make the fix more proprietary and expensive (Jake Raby gets rich) but so be it.

23 minutes ago, JDM_Damo said:

Hi all, I'm new here and have lurking for a bit.

Does anyone know this car? Prices seem all over lately! I'd like a 356 hardtop or spyder replica ideally but a 912 would get a tick in the household too. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1970-porsche-911-t-manual/OAG-AD-19009622

@JDM_Damo this used to be my car and there is a detailed thread on the restoration on here. PM me if you need any details, I can certainly tell you all about it

I also have a Spyder replica which we can talk about

19 hours ago, mc968cs said:

Agree. Good buy though rally rego only is not same as road cars, so hard to see it being much more.

Yup... these kind of cars are always difficult to value, essentially a road car that is as capable on the track as one with full rego, but the hassle & limitation's of rally rego puts it in the same basket as a trailer only full track car, yet its nowhere near as light or fast as a Cup.