Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

28 minutes ago, Schnell said:

Yeah, which is about half what I would expect a 3.2 G50 in guards red to sell for.

Import -30% minimum.

Targa -20%.

Not a hugely desirable body style and import cars are generally seen as a risk, especially UK cars due to all the salt. That said, if you like targas, and view the car and find it has no rust, why not? Cheaper point of entry, just don't ever think that you'll get top dollar for the car on resale because you won't, it will always be discounted compared to coupe/aussie delivered cars.

43 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

I can't be the only one thinking these prices won't last right?

I agree with what you’re saying but I’ve been in the market for nearly a year and that’s the kind of price people are asking for RHD conversion, 2.7 non matching numbers with no history. 
I am actually quite partial to a targa but finding anything that’s not a Frankenstein for that money has proven near impossible. 

if anyone has something similar to that car for a similar price. I’d love to talk! 

11 minutes ago, Schnell said:

I agree with what you’re saying but I’ve been in the market for nearly a year and that’s the kind of price people are asking for RHD conversion, 2.7 non matching numbers with no history. 
mum actually quite partial to a targa but finding anything that’s not a Frankenstein for that money has proven near impossible. 

if anyone has something similar to that car for a similar price. I’d love to talk! 

i'd maybe find some for sale on carsales that are similar to this that have been sitting for a while and use that auction as a point to negotiate.

43 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

i'd maybe find some for sale on carsales that are similar to this that have been sitting for a while and use that auction as a point to negotiate.

Yeah, I think you are right. The sharply priced ones seem to go overnight but anything presenting as say 10-15% above the going just sit and sit. 

Having seen those two Aus delivered Targas (a '76 and ?80something) go up for $95k within the last couple of months gives me good leeway when dealing with people that want $110k for a no history UK delivered car.

15 hours ago, mrar said:

Quote: "This stunning Australian delivered 76 model Carrera 3.0 was first delivered by s the official Porsche dealer in Melbourne in May 1977."

It's a 1977 model.

Is it worth more saying It is a 1976.

No.

1976 Build and Complied. But 77MY...

me too - and the central ac vents on the dask , and rotary knobs for door lock on the door ( except not present on this one owing to RS style doorcards).

Don't know about compliance plates and reasons for dates - but both of my (77MY) c3's have had December 76 compliance plates.

Presumably a few c3's ended up as Christmas presents in 1976?

Justin

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2001-porsche-911-996-carrera-1

OMFG!!! That interior hurts even my eyes......

That red Targa at these $$ if it was a non rusty hump would be a good entry point into AC ownership i would have thought....

BUT.....

With the "undesirability" of the Targa (justified or otherwise) and the UK import status always hurting resale - it might be on the money??? Looks nice anyway :)

1 hour ago, Carrera28 said:

As an unreformed 80's child who still has a love for a lot of 80's style, that is too much 80's even for me 🤮

Sorry to 928 afficionados, but this may be more in place in a 928 I wonder, even if the fabric does say Carrera.......

14 hours ago, on_booost said:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2001-porsche-911-996-carrera-1

OMFG!!! That interior hurts even my eyes......

That red Targa at these $$ if it was a non rusty hump would be a good entry point into AC ownership i would have thought....

BUT.....

With the "undesirability" of the Targa (justified or otherwise) and the UK import status always hurting resale - it might be on the money??? Looks nice anyway :)

Alex Holland Classic Cars had this listed on his site for months.............

3 hours ago, Carrera28 said:

As an unreformed 80's child who still has a love for a lot of 80's style, that is too much 80's even for me 🤮

It's like pasha or some other patterned fabric....it's not for everyone.  Personally, I've returned to view it a bunch of times on the Alex H website....if I could convince my wife to spend the money, I'd have got close if not having it in the shed.  I love the lapis blue and I think this internal treatment is in keeping with the external colour and both are different to the boring normality of black on black.....

9 hours ago, Raven said:

were they asking same sort of money ...???

Lorbek’s started at POA, then went to $1M, then to $900k, then to $800k.

Tough car to value - as the one bit that makes it unique (ie. the slant nose) is disliked by most (nearly all?) of the market. 

For the record, I like slant noses - but then I also like Rinspeed, Gemballa, Koenig etc 

2 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Lorbek’s started at POA, then went to $1M, then to $900k, then to $800k.

Tough car to value - as the one bit that makes it unique (ie. the slant nose) is disliked by most (nearly all?) of the market. 

For the record, I like slant noses - but then I also like Rinspeed, Gemballa, Koenig etc 

The biggest issue is if someone was to purchase the car for that money , you would find yourself at odds with the insurance companies , they would not want you to drive it due to the value .... 

10 minutes ago, Moobs said:

I love this one! Kinda expensive but seems reasonable for what seems a quality build. Already sold so I guess that speaks volumes https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1977-porsche-911-manual/SSE-AD-11895400

Read back a few posts it was discussed at length. ;)