Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, Ccan1 said:

I have a chance to buy off market a 1969 911 Targa  …. What % discount for a sporto conversion and LHD conversion …good condition daily driver. 

Any thoughts appreciated I’ve read back over the forum what are peoples current % thoughts. 

What is a mint Aus del 69 coupe worth? 250+k?

Less US factor (assuming being a LHD car)

Less targa factor

Less sporto conversion (I don't really see this as being a heavy discounted item unless you are a purist collector)

Less RHD conversion

Factoring in condition, matching engine, mechanical history, bodywork etc. Who the fu#k knows, I'm flying blind but I'd be estimating anywhere from 160 - 200k, maybe more if it's a special colour...................its really a can of worms depending how deep you want to dive. 

(Note accuracy of estimate is directly proportional to the level of information provided) 

1 hour ago, Ccan1 said:

I have a chance to buy off market a 1969 911 Targa  …. What % discount for a sporto conversion and LHD conversion …good condition daily driver. 

Any thoughts appreciated I’ve read back over the forum what are peoples current % thoughts. 

Have a go at buying this first, original RHD, matching…my old car 😍

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1973-porsche-911-t-2-4-targa-1?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20211117+Daily+Email+Aus_16/Nove#comments

no affiliation 

45 minutes ago, hugh said:

What is a mint Aus del 69 coupe worth? 250+k?

Less US factor (assuming being a LHD car)

Less targa factor

Less sporto conversion (I don't really see this as being a heavy discounted item unless you are a purist collector)

Less RHD conversion

Factoring in condition, matching engine, mechanical history, bodywork etc. Who the fu#k knows, I'm flying blind but I'd be estimating anywhere from 160 - 200k, maybe more if it's a special colour...................its really a can of worms depending how deep you want to dive. 

(Note accuracy of estimate is directly proportional to the level of information provided) 

Change that $250k to $350k to starts your calcs. Sadly…

8 hours ago, mrar said:

It doesn't if you don't care.

Good chance it’s a 77 MY. Porsche usually start a new MY in Sept from memory. Ie Oct 76 build is 77 MY.

IMO 77 last of breed trumps 76. 77 MY obvious difference is central air vents

3 hours ago, Turra said:

This sold at CTS about 2 years ago for $275k. Now that’s inflation!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1996-porsche-911-turbo-993-manual-awd/OAG-AD-20299107

If someone pays that they're an idiot. Seriously, where's the value proposition? At over $500k on the road you'll never want to drive it because you'll put the ks over the 100,000 mark, which will then lower its perceived value. I'm happy to be corrected, but I just don't see it

5 hours ago, JLD said:

If someone pays that they're an idiot. Seriously, where's the value proposition? At over $500k on the road you'll never want to drive it because you'll put the ks over the 100,000 mark, which will then lower its perceived value. I'm happy to be corrected, but I just don't see it

I think they are in cahoots with the dealer in SA who has one similar price. Leveraging the recent sale of a rare 993 Turbo S circa $700k

On 20/11/2021 at 06:09, Turra said:

This sold at CTS about 2 years ago for $275k. Now that’s inflation!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1996-porsche-911-turbo-993-manual-awd/OAG-AD-20299107

Its about 50% more than it was new..... its a nice drive - but WOW - its like house prices in Sydney - looks like there is no end in sight,,,,,

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1997-porsche-911-turbo-993-manual-awd/OAG-AD-20321654/?Cr=13

Interesting - but nice.....

At least it has what appears to be good stuff  - Quadrant, Carillo etc.....

If someone here buys it - I have a Genuine TT wing....

AND

A way better OEM STYLE solution for that god awful Auto-Meter monstrosity.....

4 hours ago, on_booost said:

Its about 50% more than it was new..... its a nice rive - but WOW - its like house prices in Sydney - looks like there is no end in sight,,,,,

I paid $247 your about right, I did get a discount for no sunroof ;)   It was the 1 bed apartment in the toaster near the opera house at 280k if I remember.. car delivered more smiles but the realestate woulda been the winner 

23 minutes ago, Moobs said:

This was sold around 6 months ago with an ask of $125k. Now asking $195k! From memory it’s a converted targa. It’s amazing the difference a side script makes! https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1982-porsche-911-sc-manual/SSE-AD-11958855

I was tempted last time it was listed.. now, not so much 😂

52 minutes ago, Moobs said:

This was sold around 6 months ago with an ask of $125k. Now asking $195k! From memory it’s a converted targa. It’s amazing the difference a side script makes! https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1982-porsche-911-sc-manual/SSE-AD-11958855

Advertised price and what they get are two different things. Seems overpriced to be at $195k. 

1 hour ago, cafe_racer said:

Advertised price and what they get are two different things. Seems overpriced to be at $195k. 

It is a tad optimistic

1 hour ago, DM911 said:

No wonder P-cars are getting less attainable day by day for many.   I hope this madness ends soon. !  

Yeah nah...I don't like your chances just yet mate.

I'd love to put a crazy price on mine to see what sorta reaction I get 😄