Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Why does that Auction house's cars always have confusing paper work , It's a C23 so why would it be complianced in 2007 ? Still a good hotrod at the right price. And yeah , the wing could be higher .

8 hours ago, tomo said:

Why does that Auction house's cars always have confusing paper work , It's a C23 so why would it be complianced in 2007 ? Still a good hotrod at the right price. And yeah , the wing could be higher .

Maybe that was when it was imported? I'd say it would probably be a minefield to try and get rego here in SA. Saying that, I'd still have a crack at it if it was under $50k...much closer to $40k. What's not to love about a forward/sideways dated 996 to annoy the purists? 😅

😅 Come on @MFX, you can't hold all of these custom car titles mate 😉 

9 hours ago, sleazius said:

Why would you spend all that money and not update the interior?

Anyone else getting a flood car vibe from this thing?

Ran outta cash perhaps? I'd say there's been some decent coin spent on it, but yeah it needs some interior work. I'd just fit some race seats and gut the interior, and customise the rear bumper somehow. Is there any way to find out if a car has flood damage? 

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

That wing needs to be maybe 100mm or so higher.

It will be very interesting to see what it sells for. Keep me posted if anyone finds out

With Grays you can see what the final bid was and who did the bidding Lee. I think I saw an import tag in on of the photos. 

You guys crack me up with your over active imagination. Flood damage, front end accident, insurance money? Really? You were able to figure all of that from few pictures on your screen?

The story is much more straight forward than that.

I saw the car parked on Lygon St few weeks ago and saw the owner getting out of it so we started chatting.

The guy who owned it before him bought it off Grays couple of years ago for $48k. He wasn't a fan of the fried egg headlight and was a fan of the GT3 look so he bought the GT3 guards, headlights, rear wing etc and updated it the car. He had it resprayed from silver to the colour it is now. Apparently he spent over $25k on it.

He has his fun with it and was thinking of selling it when I was talking to him and was looking for low to mid 60s. Looking at Grays reserve bar, it looks like his reserve is in the low 60s. He told me it didn't need anything done to it except maybe raising the front a little. Apparently too low.

47 minutes ago, rafikdous said:

You guys crack me up with your over active imagination. Flood damage, front end accident, insurance money? Really? You were able to figure all of that from few pictures on your screen?

The story is much more straight forward than that.

I saw the car parked on Lygon St few weeks ago and saw the owner getting out of it so we started chatting.

The guy who owned it before him bought it off Grays couple of years ago for $48k. He wasn't a fan of the fried egg headlight and was a fan of the GT3 look so he bought the GT3 guards, headlights, rear wing etc and updated it the car. He had it resprayed from silver to the colour it is now. Apparently he spent over $25k on it.

He has his fun with it and was thinking of selling it when I was talking to him and was looking for low to mid 60s. Looking at Grays reserve bar, it looks like his reserve is in the low 60s. He told me it didn't need anything done to it except maybe raising the front a little. Apparently too low.

The conspiracy theorist in all of us need to take a chill pill?

17 hours ago, LeeM said:

Man I hate not having the spare cash!

Yeah I know some will absolutely hate it, but I'd be happy to own that! 👍 

Honestly, it is one of the best looking 996s I have seen. And I own one!

Also I presume the 3.8 is a typo, with all those receipts there's not a thing about that.

2 hours ago, rafikdous said:

......The story is much more straight forward than that.

I saw the car parked on Lygon St few weeks ago and saw the owner getting out of it so we started chatting......

You've been here long enough to fully appreciate that facts are not worth much in this thread. Speculation and outright fantasy are everything to this mob.

I'm waiting for them to turn on you with all this hearsay which is not admissable in the court of PFA.

8 hours ago, Schnell said:

Honestly, it is one of the best looking 996s I have seen. And I own one!

It's been well documented here for the past 3 years or so that I was looking at 996's, then I just made the decision to keep my backdate.  I can say here n now, that I'd sell my car today if that 996 was at what I thought was the right price and it was guaranteed I was the buyer. Going by @rafikdous post above, it would be over my price range if I was serious.

Yeah it's not for a lot of people which is fair enough, and believe me I've copped lots of flack about backdating my SC, yet beauty is in the eye of the beholder innit? 

I don't do auctions of any kind, and even though I could raise the money then sell my car afterwards, I wouldn't borrow money for a Porsche which is just an occasional weekend toy for me. 

And thanks @rafikdous for your post 👍

4 hours ago, Pilko said:

This thing is epic

https://chrometemple.com/1990-porsche-964-3-8/

sold already but wanted to share. Much prefer a car like this to some average backdate. 

For $450k, I'd be grabbing a GT3 or two

13 hours ago, Pilko said:

This thing is epic

https://chrometemple.com/1990-porsche-964-3-8/

sold already but wanted to share. Much prefer a car like this to some average backdate. 

If that’s an Australian car I would have installed air con. ( can’t see if it’s fitted with electric air con) Personally think it’s a must in our climate. Stunning car though!

18 hours ago, flamingporsche said:

So, is it aftermarket import sticker (so Gansta to devalue your Aus del. as a dirty import)... Or aftermarket options code sticker on the bonnet? 🤐

Yeah, New frunk lid, Vin does not match the cars.