Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

6 hours ago, sjm said:

If i was in the market for a manual coupe 1998 onwards this would be at the very top of my list. 40th Jahare with powerkit, very nice even with moderately high kms. Ihttps://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual-my04/SSE-AD-12142506

This...looks like all the big ticket items done as well.

37 minutes ago, sjm said:

Why would a 42269 km car need repainting and an engine rebuild?

Not like it's been over revved being an auto gearbox.

Was tested as a submarine in a previous life perhaps? 

We all know about this one, yet going by a reply I got on Instagram about a similar car in the US, this one had been in a roll-over? 

https://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/2011-porsche-911-997-gt3rs-4-0/

8 hours ago, mrar said:

Originality is great to have, can sort of take you back in time when driving imo.

I am still blown away with what Porsche were getting away with (homolgation/road legal race cars) over the years.

The early 930's as an example, they are still quick today and can surprise you out on the hwy in stock form. Would of been exciting to own back mid 70's on.

This is a us converted 72. It has morphed into this today after 20+ years of ownership. Been using it over the last 4 days, what a joy.

Changing anything on this car is not an issue to me,will never revert back to original in my time with it. 

20220102_100028.jpg

That’s the perfect look IMO

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

Apparently. This is my screenshot from the post last night

Screenshot-20220102-205626-Instagram.jpg

Just had a look at their profile, and I reckon he's also a member here who had his RS Martini wrapped

Yeah, talking to Ben at Buiks, was rolled at a targa rally when new but the recent buyer( approx 7 months ago ) was aware. Then went up for sale again. Correct me if I’m wrong but Porsche did the re shell. Shit  load of cash for a car with that history 😳

18 minutes ago, sjm said:

Yeah, talking to Ben at Buiks, was rolled at a targa rally when new but the recent buyer( approx 7 months ago ) was aware. Then went up for sale again. Correct me if I’m wrong but Porsche did the re shell. Shit  load of cash for a car with that history 😳

A08C90AC-784D-4525-8ED2-C307ADFCA424.png

13 hours ago, Coastr said:

I only wish Porsche had gone production car racing at Bathurst back in the day with a 930.   The worship of certain other cars might be a bit more in context.

Agree, though even overseas it’s pretty rare to see them raced in a production form.  Duttons have a cool one that was. 

The long gearing makes them hard to live with in Aust. I’ve recently sold both of mine (one 3.3 and one 3.0) and now have a wee bit of sellers remorse (which I almost never get)  

Have subconsciously found myself back looking again…

2 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Have subconsciously found myself back looking again…

I was talking 930’s with Rob just the other day, says he doesn’t miss it one bit “in its stock form” but he would love to grab converted bastard child  car and hot rod the shit out of it. 

not sure if anyone watches Hoovies Garage on youtube but he recently bought a carrera 3.0 with a warmed over 930 engine in the back.  It looks almost undriveable the way the boost comes on.  I would love to have it.  Still running a munched up 915 box though.

Then there's Harry Metcalfe and his recently purchased full restored 89 930 'S' in guards red to match his Testarossa and Countach.  The man has won at life with the 80s trifecta in matching red.

39 minutes ago, mrar said:

Guess it depends on where you live.

I pull out of my driveway into 90km zone and then at the end of street 110km. Turbo is perfect for this type of driving. I could see in city would be a bit of a chore to drive but if you have good syncro's and want to drive your 930 it's not that bad. 

Horses for courses, I like stock form cars, have had mixed bag of modded cars and blown them up. Bit past that to a degree.

Friend just bought mint original 82 60 series diesel landcruiser. I asked him if it was 4 spd and what it was like to drive. He said yep four speed and slow as but he loves it. If he wants to go fast he can drive his gt2.

That's how I feel about the 930, its quick enough as it is, I don't want to spoil the way it drives, love the lag, hilarious. 

Most 911s do something Individually special that makes you smile.

Would you mod you rs to get another 100hp or change the suspension so you could daily it or just leave it "in its stock form"?

Good point on where you live, most of us Sydney dwellers are surrounded by 50kph zones. 

Mutual friend of obrut & I that I was referring to is just one of those tinkerers, he’s not happy if he’s not wrenching.

Me, I’m pretty over modded cars, been there & done it… I am a big fan of cars built for a purpose from the factory… only mod on the RS is exhaust… Carrera is a great daily. 

I hear you on your mate with the 60 series… I love rolling around in my Datsun 720 4x4 King Cab  (It’s stock) it’s just a different driving experience, I quite enjoy going slow in that one, as you say, different tools for different jobs. 😎

7B5BCE02-18A0-4663-9D48-5104AB0FF06C.thumb.jpeg.9733b4793418100a26bafd1f99726281.jpeg

5 hours ago, 3legs said:

Yep I loved the lag on my old 930 especially when the passenger wasn't expecting it when it came on boost. The swear words were frequent when that happened :) 

I remember getting blown away by a taxi off the line until it came on boost and through me back in the seat 😜