Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

17 hours ago, Jdmc said:

This one is back up again, believe a forum member bought it a month or so ago.

$120k a month ago $135k now….

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-manual-my07/SSE-AD-12151834

Yes cause “it’s too good a car to park in a driveway and used as a daily”

Who really cares? Flipper?

Good on him - I hope he gets the $$$ - we all should - A rising tide raises all boats - even rusty leaky shitboxes.....

I'm sure that the 10% (if he gets ask) will be more than eaten up in transfer and insurance?

Or am I too old and cranky?

6 minutes ago, on_booost said:

I'm sure that the 10% (if he gets ask) will be more than eaten up in transfer and insurance?

Transfers on $120k are $5.1k in NSW and $8.4k in VIC..............we are getting ripped off down here :PissedOff:

If I was hunting for a 997 and hadn't seen the previous sale price I'd be thankful someone highlighted it here.  Car looks really nice for a manual "S" with best ext colour (:P) and low k's, although I couldn't live with a beige interior.

Agreed no much margin left (if any) for the seller if squeezed a little on the listed sale price.

44 minutes ago, on_booost said:

Who really cares? Flipper?

Good on him - I hope he gets the $$$ - we all should - A rising tide raises all boats - even rusty leaky shitboxes.....

Or am I too old and cranky?

Agreed.
Plus the only ones whining about flippers are the ones who are too lazy to do it themselves. 

1 hour ago, Stepo said:

Car looks really nice for a manual "S" with best ext colour (:P) and low k's, although I couldn't live with a beige interior.

Don't discount the beige....I avoided it like the plague until one came up at a price too good to refuse. After living with beige you realise it's a very pleasant place to be especially in hot weather. I've now owned three P cars with beige interior & actually went out of my way to find one for my last purchase. I'm still heavy with guilt & shame for owning a conda green / beige interior early 911 & allowing it to be sprayed retail red / black interior....ha ha....I don't what happened in the 90's 😳 !!!

2 hours ago, Stepo said:

Transfers on $120k are $5.1k in NSW and $8.4k in VIC..............we are getting ripped off down here :PissedOff:

If I was hunting for a 997 and hadn't seen the previous sale price I'd be thankful someone highlighted it here.  Car looks really nice for a manual "S" with best ext colour (:P) and low k's, although I couldn't live with a beige interior.

Agreed no much margin left (if any) for the seller if squeezed a little on the listed sale price.

Duty & transfer fee calculator

Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect to pay for your vehicle transfer. Complete your transfer form using the calculated amount marked A, B and C.

Vehicle market value
$120,000.00ItemA

Calculation breakdown

Motor vehicle duty
$5,040.00ItemB
Transfer fee
$41.30ItemC
Total fee payableItemB+ItemC
$5,081.30 
It's still a rip off  😉

11 minutes ago, tomo said:

Duty & transfer fee calculator

Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect to pay for your vehicle transfer. Complete your transfer form using the calculated amount marked A, B and C.

Vehicle market value
$120,000.00ItemA

Calculation breakdown

Motor vehicle duty
$5,040.00ItemB
Transfer fee
$41.30ItemC
Total fee payableItemB+ItemC
$5,081.30 

Is that for Vic you calculated there @tomo ? 

If so, you may have made an error (or the calculator you used did 😉).

The Rates for Vic changed most recently from 1st July 2021. Here is the table:

https://www.sro.vic.gov.au/motor-vehicle-duty-current-rates 

Effectively for a Used Passenger, over $100,000 the Vic Stamp Duty rate is 7%.

Therefore at price of $120,000 = $8400 Vic Stamp Duty as @Stepo calculated. 

Bastids 😠 

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

Is that for Vic you calculated there @tomo ? 

If so, you may have made an error (or the calculator you used did 😉).

The Rates for Vic changed most recently from 1st July 2021. Here is the table:

https://www.sro.vic.gov.au/motor-vehicle-duty-current-rates 

Effectively for a Used Passenger, over $100,000 the Vic Stamp Duty rate is 7%.

Therefore at price of $120,000 = $8400 Vic Stamp Duty as @Stepo calculated. 

Bastids 😠 

The old Vic calculator by the looks of it 😢 Thanks @luzzo and apologies @Stepo thieving Barstxxds, 

Yeap in Victoria - The “rip off” state it’s 

0 - $100,000 is 4.2%, $100,001 to $150,000 7% & $150,000+ it’s 9%. 

It’s retrospective so if the car is $155,000 it’s $155,000 x 9%.

The only options are club plates if the car is eligible or writing a lower figure on the transfer form. VicRoads don’t have much of an idea what P cars are worth so you can save a few bucks here 😉

1 hour ago, on_booost said:

.... Bracket creep anyone????

It's flipper fueled, speculation induced bracket creep.  These behaviours are what most of you seem to be happy to condone, so deal with it is as part of the price for ownership.....

47 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

VicRoads don’t have much of an idea what P cars are worth so you can save a few bucks here 

A dealer told me a few months back that they are starting to cross check the declared sale price with your insurance company, so need to be a bit careful (unfortunately) 

1 hour ago, Coastr said:

Stamp duties are a horrid regressive tax that harms economic activity, and affects lower income earners disproportionately.  The majority of cars being sold used already had a slug of gst paid in the first place.  /rant

And since we are discussing it - LCT as well!!!!

1 hour ago, jakroo said:

It's flipper fueled, speculation induced bracket creep.  These behaviours are what most of you seem to be happy to condone, so deal with it is as part of the price for ownership.....

Lol - Bitter much? I for one am happy that pricing is up. As it should be..... bought a house in Sydney lately ? Or seen the prices? Bet your ok with your house going up????

When a USED Dual Cab ute made in Thailand - that isn't top spec is $80K plus - do you think a SC should still be $65K?

Its 2022 not 2002 - a new 911 Turbo is now $500K plus.......

1 hour ago, 901er said:

A dealer told me a few months back that they are starting to cross check the declared sale price with your insurance company, so need to be a bit careful (unfortunately) 

Dealers must put the sale price on the transfer form or risk loosing their license. Privately it’s the purchase price or market price which can be hard to determine so just arrange a sale letter from the seller with a lower purchase price shown and no questions will be asked.

I sold my Cayman last year for 75k, the buyer took the receipt for the 45k final payment to VicRoads and paid stamp duty based on that. 

It depends on the car in nsw. Something something blue slip, something something lower model spec.

Also no harm in doing a *sharp* deal on a low volume car, brown paper bags involved or not. The sources they use for market valuation aren't that hot, especially on low volume cars.

19 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Also no harm in doing a *sharp* deal on a low volume car, brown paper bags involved or not. The sources they use for market valuation aren't that hot, especially on low volume cars.

Except your insurer will ask for that transfer receipt should the unthinkable happen, especially in short succession of establishing a policy. 

I don’t mess about, pay the full freight and sleep well at night for me… having said that, last purchase put me off any high dollar stuff younger than 30 years for a long time. 

On 02/01/2022 at 20:40, Coastr said:

I only wish Porsche had gone production car racing at Bathurst back in the day with a 930.   The worship of certain other cars might be a bit more in context.

I asked the question back in the ‘70s, I don’t remember who I spoke to but apparently  it was not worth their while, because it wouldn’t generate enough sales in Australia, if any, to justify the expense.

Remember back then an A9X was considered ridiculously expensive at $10,500.