Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

29 minutes ago, LeeM said:

I'll do you a favour to rid you of the ridicule you're obviously facing Rick, and collect your car tomorrow afternoon

What a guy, @LeeM….. always there to lend a helping hand to his fellow PFA’ers in need. 👍

Straight swap for the van?!?

43 minutes ago, njb said:

Nice 928 GTS coming up for auction: https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2022-shannons-summer-timed-online-auction/KAE9R83340YO2A6G/ 

My fiancé has been looking for one of these for a long time, I'm guessing there'll be a fair amount of competition.

I’m not in the market at all .. but if I was, this would be one I’d fight for.  :wub:

19 hours ago, sleazius said:

.... is having 4 young kids....

When she taps you on the shoulder in the morning, afternoon or evening, you need to say 'no' and show some self restraint.

And when she asks why tell her it's for the kilometers on the cars. She'll understand that for sure.

Good grief Charlie Brown it's not that complicated.

5 hours ago, njb said:

Nice 928 GTS coming up for auction: https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2022-shannons-summer-timed-online-auction/KAE9R83340YO2A6G/ 

My fiancé has been looking for one of these for a long time, I'm guessing there'll be a fair amount of competition.

That'll push the market. Very nice.

7 hours ago, 9er said:

Thread has gone way off track.

Too right @9er .... apologies for my part in all that mess....... but seriously,  @LeeM should know better!!

Back on track, is it just me, or does this appear to be reasonable value in the current market-place?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2011-porsche-boxster-spyder-987-auto-my12/SSE-AD-12062661/?Cr=0&gts=SSE-AD-12062661&gtsSaleId=SSE-AD-12062661&gtsViewType=showcase&rankingType=showcase

23 hours ago, njb said:

"Ever driven one?" Ever owned both? I do. On most days I prefer my 964T 3.6 over my 993TT. The preference often changes but usually goes 964T > 964C2 > 993RS > 993TT. And my 993tt is an absolute mint example. I think it's just personal preference, and also a lot of it is up to picking the 'right car, for the right day, and the right mood'.

What does annoy me though is your BMW statement, I love Porsches but the N/A M cars are absolutely awesome to drive - I have a few M3s across the generations and quite often prefer them for their fun tail-happy nature, especially my little E36. Having significantly less tyre drone/noise is also a welcome plus when you live in the country.

But back on topic, I find the increasing values a disappointing aspect of the hobby, definitely not a plus, as it seems to be encouraging people to hoard and treat these cars as investments. This just shuts out other people from buying, consuming, enjoying, driving the hell out of them. I enquired recently on a manual Ferrari but killed it when I realised the seller was a company that promotes and operates in holding enthusiast cars as an alternative equity investment fund.

Sorry for the butt hurt.... clearly hit a nerve... and missed my point.

Nope - never owned both - but have driven plenty and had 2 x 930 (1 special wishes car) before the 993TT. My point was: Cars are not wine, they suck with age. Without a question, newer cars are better engineered, safer, faster, more efficient and loaded with tech and features like CarPlay to make the whole experience more enjoyable, how's the AC on your 964?

The only reason to hold on to old cars is you have an emotional connection or you are afraid of change. The 964 may have an emotional hold over you (no judgement there - a buddys' 1 of 1 Neophyte Green 964 Turbo is one of my favourite cars) and they are fun to drive - but its like you said - a personal preference.

Annoyed about the BMW comment - Ohh well, My S54 swapped e30 doesn't count i guess?

You have what appears to be an amazing collection - but i don't want you to feel so disappointed - I'll take that Black 4.0L off your hands for MSRP or - if you paid less - whatever you paid for it.... or not?

7 hours ago, 9er said:

Thread has gone way off track.

Not sure if it was the WD 40 or the BMW comment that took this off track - but its like a few blokes at the pub having a chat - never fear - it will always return to cars (or lady parts)

1 hour ago, Rick V said:

Too right @9er .... apologies for my part in all that mess....... but seriously,  @LeeM should know better!!

Back on track, is it just me, or does this appear to be reasonable value in the current market-place?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2011-porsche-boxster-spyder-987-auto-my12/SSE-AD-12062661/?Cr=0&gts=SSE-AD-12062661&gtsSaleId=SSE-AD-12062661&gtsViewType=showcase&rankingType=showcase

I agree - I should grow up.

Back to the matter at hand, https://porscheforum.com.au/profile/5080-rick-v/ ever driven a Spyder ? Man or PDK?

What a drive - way way better than I ever thought was possible - and I know of a number of very competent steerers that think the same. A peach to drive.

Wouldn't sell mine for those $$$ (or even close) 

3 hours ago, rafikdous said:

There was no mention if it was aussie delivery so I assume it wasn't. But at $105k, it was a good buy regardless

Was aussie delivered, there was picture of compliance plates, just priced right to sell for what it is.