Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, 901er said:

Looks neat, but that is a huge number. I do love 5 digit odometers, the car always has under 100k kms :D

6 hours ago, rafikdous said:

There was no mention if it was aussie delivery so I assume it wasn't. But at $105k, it was a good buy regardless

It’s got an Australian compliance plate 

1 hour ago, 901er said:

The asking price makes me ☺️ since I’ve just bought a 74 911S 

7 hours ago, hugh said:

People do realise that the ‘S’ is the base G series car, no to be confused with the 901 model ‘S’ cars? Maybe I’m missing something? 

As @Yeatesymentioned in 74 there were 3 models. 150hp base, 180hp S and the 210hp Carrera. My car is odd because the VIN says it is a base but it has S suspension (not interchangeable) and also the better S brakes.

3 hours ago, 901er said:

Still not comparable to an S in the 901’s.

Details on yours @Yeatesy? I owned one of the 7 delivered to Oz about 10yrs ago

It’s an Australian delivered 1974 911S Coupe, I haven’t picked it up yet but will post some photos when I do ☺️

6 minutes ago, mrar said:

Going off this old doc, looks to be more than 7, unless you are talking Carrera Tagga?

Aus del#73,75.jpg

Interesting the large number of Sportomatics delivered. Much higher number than I would expect from my observations of current sales. I assume a large number have been converted to manual.

22 minutes ago, MFX said:

Interesting the large number of Sportomatics delivered. Much higher number than I would expect from my observations of current sales. I assume a large number have been converted to manual.

They were relatively new and novel back then, and the factory were also encouraging dealers and distributors to emphasise the Sportomatics in their sales efforts.

Fast forward 10 or so years and the sportos got a reputation as being unreliable, and hard to get parts for….. so many cars were converted to manuals.

whilst at uni in the 90s I helped a Sydney based Porsche mechanic move premises, and we threw away something like 20 sporto transmissions, keeping only 1 or 2 of the different types.

Justin

1 hour ago, MFX said:

That's the case with mine Jeff & I wouldn't have thought the sporto would have been that popular either.