Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 30/01/2022 at 02:54, LeeM said:

Yeah that's up there 😯

Not a fan of the polished Fuchs, chrome headlight surrounds with black horn grilles and indicator bezel surrounds, but that's my personal taste.

Ya know mate, not much surprises me these days. If it's a nice car (and it does look nice), I'd say someone might stump up close to the asking price, as loads of buyers just want quality over originality

Agreed re: the confusing black and chrome accessories....

For that $$ you think they would have put new rotors on it..... Quality is relative i guess?

On 30/01/2022 at 02:54, LeeM said:

Yeah that's up there 😯

Not a fan of the polished Fuchs, chrome headlight surrounds with black horn grilles and indicator bezel surrounds, but that's my personal taste.

Ya know mate, not much surprises me these days. If it's a nice car (and it does look nice), I'd say someone might stump up close to the asking price, as loads of buyers just want quality over originality

1 hour ago, on_booost said:

Agreed re: the confusing black and chrome accessories....

For that $$ you think they would have put new rotors on it..... Quality is relative i guess?

I've seen it in person, nice car.  Simon sold it last time it was up for sale in 2020.  Its done about 300km since then. 

28 minutes ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

I've seen it in person, nice car.  Simon sold it last time it was up for sale in 2020.  Its done about 300km since then. 

My eyes do not lie - those rear rotors are fuched! 

Upon closer inspection - the fronts don't look "thoroughly sorted" either.... But what would i know?

23 minutes ago, on_booost said:

My eyes do not lie - those rear rotors are fuched! 

Upon closer inspection - the fronts don't look "thoroughly sorted" either.... But what would i know?

😅 I must have missed the bit where I questioned your eye sight?

I said I'd seen it in person and its nicely done, not that I trawled through all the photos on the internet, or had crawled under it on photo inspection as part of virtually tyre kicking.  Its nicely done, I'm sure if you're a starter at 280k you (or the whoever the end buyer is) can stump some new rotors for it, or negotiate it in the price.  Caveat emptor, you've warned everyone! 

53 minutes ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

I have zero skin in the game, just an observation - which I (mistakenly 😝 it seems ) took for you vouching for its "thoroughly sorted" - ness......

This one is all you bro - AC goodness! And your favourite colour too!

@ $280K i guess everything is negotiable - including the bits I do/don't like or worn rotors or whatever?

I'm sure it will sell - inflation is transitionary.... 😂

Its not so much about warning everyone - lol - more of a discussion about price and (FWIW) value / perceived value / market price. Besides, I'm a tyre kicker anyway!

32 minutes ago, on_booost said:

I have zero skin in the game, just an observation - which I (mistakenly 😝 it seems ) took for you vouching for its "thoroughly sorted" - ness......

This one is all you bro - AC goodness! And your favourite colour too!

@ $280K i guess everything is negotiable - including the bits I do/don't like or worn rotors or whatever?

I'm sure it will sell - inflation is transitionary.... 😂

Its not so much about warning everyone - lol - more of a discussion about price and (FWIW) value / perceived value / market price. Besides, I'm a tyre kicker anyway!

Again, I never said it was thoroughly sorted.  But happy to be corrected again, please point out where.  I said I thought it was a nice car.

Re the negotiation of what's included, dunno, call the owner maybe?  If I was buying, or interested - I'd send it for a PPI and go from there.   Price is up from last time it was up 2 years ago, but still started with a 2 from recollection.  But so is everything, only matters if you're buying or selling, everything else is just talk. 

Re inflation, do you mean transitory? 

For that amount of money, I would expect the seller to:

• Disclose if it has had a LHD to RHD conversion and the original delivery location
  • Have a description that is much less of a wank.  If it's so great to drive why has he only driven it 300km in 2 years?  180kw from a standard 3.2, I don't think so, especially as it currently won't allow WOT because of a common 3.2 assembly oversight. "Every single aesthetic of the car was improved in some way" Oh, please!
  • Have tidied up the sills.  Jesus, they ain't photogenic on this one. 
  • I'd want to see photos of the underside.  In fact I'd want it to be pretty clean.
  • Use more appropriate sized  headers
  • Can't comment on the discs, my eyesight can't determine if they are at the wear limit, heavily scored or a just discoloured by the lack of use.
  • Make his mind up on using chrome or black trim.

Besides that, could be a nice car.  I wish him well for the sale.

16 minutes ago, Peter M said:

• Disclose if it has had a LHD to RHD conversion and the original delivery location
  • Have a description that is much less of a wank.  If it's so great to drive why has he only driven it 300km in 2 years?  180kw from a standard 3.2, I don't think so, especially as it currently won't allow WOT because of common 3.2 assembly oversight. "Every single aesthetic of the car was improved in some way" Oh, please!
  • I'd want to see photos of the underside.  In fact I'd want it to be pretty clean.
  • Can't comment on the discs, my eyesight can't determine if they are at the wear limit, heavily scored or a just discoloured by the lack of use.

It just shows, if you are not experiences enough in dealing with air-cooled cars, you can easily burn your hands.  

3 minutes ago, DM911 said:

It just shows, if you are not experiences enough in dealing with air-cooled cars, you can easily burn your hands.  

Agreed, I think with anything where you're putting $$$ into the purchase the best value you get is paying for a PPI by someone who knows the cars and what to look for.  Extra cost up front can save drama down the line, or a sinking feeling when it turns up /or something goes wrong that you haven't bought what you thought. 

I'd say the sills have that tar/stonechip treatment on them. 

The rotors do look a bit average, though as you say Pete, that could just be surface rust from lack of use like mine are. S'pose we won't know until someone else has a good look at it.

3 hours ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

Again, I never said it was thoroughly sorted.  But happy to be corrected again, please point out where.  I said I thought it was a nice car.

Re the negotiation of what's included, dunno, call the owner maybe?  If I was buying, or interested - I'd send it for a PPI and go from there.   Price is up from last time it was up 2 years ago, but still started with a 2 from recollection.  But so is everything, only matters if you're buying or selling, everything else is just talk. 

Re inflation, do you mean transitory? 

You are right, I am wrong. You never said it was thoroughly sorted - just that it was a nice car because you had seen it in person. Not the same thing.

As i said - i'm a tyre kicker, so not calling anyone. Merely commenting on how negotiations may or may not work. I am ALL talk. 

Re Inflation - again, I am wrong you are right - it was meant to be an inside joke.

2 hours ago, Peter M said:

• Have a description that is much less of a wank.  If it's so great to drive why has he only driven it 300km in 2 years?  180kw from a standard 3.2, I don't think so, especially as it currently won't allow WOT because of common 3.2 assembly oversight. "Every single aesthetic of the car was improved in some way" Oh, please!

I agree 100%.

At this sort of $$$ ask - I would like some more information, not rhetoric.

The rotors may or may not be fuched - but its clearly not "thoroughly sorted" or "every aesthetic improved" when a dumbo (me) on the internet can see at least a few issues with a cursory glance. 

It might still be a nice car - and the $$ wont matter to the right person if they like it / want it. As mentioned - a PPI will tell all.

I am a keyboard hero, sorry for the butt hurt.

It will sell. There is a bum for every seat so they say. 

30 minutes ago, on_booost said:

You are right, I am wrong. You never said it was thoroughly sorted - just that it was a nice car because you had seen it in person. Not the same thing.

As i said - i'm a tyre kicker, so not calling anyone. Merely commenting on how negotiations may or may not work. I am ALL talk. 

Re Inflation - again, I am wrong you are right - it was meant to be an inside joke.

I agree 100%.

At this sort of $$$ ask - I would like some more information, not rhetoric.

The rotors may or may not be fuched - but its clearly not "thoroughly sorted" or "every aesthetic improved" when a dumbo (me) on the internet can see at least a few issues with a cursory glance. 

It might still be a nice car - and the $$ wont matter to the right person if they like it / want it. As mentioned - a PPI will tell all.

I am a keyboard hero, sorry for the butt hurt.

It will sell. There is a bum for every seat so they say. 

Chrome Temple are the seller, which may explain the flowery words and music....and the asking price.

1 hour ago, Burgerman said:

Chrome Temple are the seller, which may explain the flowery words and music....and the asking price.

So it's not a "private seller car" as per the advert and Sam is actually an employee?

CHROME TEMPLE | About Us

However I can't see it on their website if that's the case.

4 hours ago, LeeM said:

I'd say the sills have that tar/stonechip treatment on them. 

Lee,

I just think that if you are going to take the panels off to expose the sills and the oil lines, you really need to take some time to clean and repaint, especially if you are going to take close up photos.      

2 minutes ago, Peter M said:

So the bullshit continues?  So it's not a "private seller car" as per the advert and Sam is actually an employee?

CHROME TEMPLE | About Us

However I can't see it on their website if that's the case.

It actually looks like he is a co-owner of Chrome Temple. Obviously no confidence in their business model if he’s listed his own car on carsales or is it just a conflict of interest? 

If you read the blurb they are storage ,maintenance, and enclosed transport service, Their is no mention of sales, Although I could have missed it with the passionate rhetoric within, And Sam is the man(founder).

1 hour ago, Peter M said:

Lee,

I just think that if you are going to take the panels off to expose the sills and the oil lines, you really need to take some time to clean and repaint, especially if you are going to take close up photos.      

Fair enough mate. 

Reminds me I should do my own! 🙄

3 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

It actually looks like he is a co-owner of Chrome Temple. Obviously no confidence in their business model if he’s listed his own car on carsales or is it just a conflict of interest? 

1 hour ago, rafikdous said:

I am no seasoned investor but gee, that looks dodgy as hell. If someone is stupid enough to invest in such a scheme, then its their problem. You can guard agains stupid

You could ask Ryan who is part of CT (according to the website) and also an active PFA member ( @OBRUT ). I'm sure he'll be happy to clear this up for all of you.....