Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

22 minutes ago, tomo said:

It's CTI .

Yes, interesting read, all new to me:

CHROME TEMPLE Investments | Cti Mach 1 Fund

So I guess the car that started this conversation is just an example of:

LIQUIDITY THROUGH TRADING

Led by an unemotional approach, Fund vehicles are always in a "for sale" state, which when combined with our conscious allocation of FUM in "pre-market" vehicles, provides the Fund short-term yields and liquidity.

And here I was just thinking it was just another 911 wanker trying to sell his backdate with a fanciful description, not a serious investment manager conducting business!

Carry on! 😁

On 02/02/2022 at 19:14, Yeatesy said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1986-porsche-911-carrera-manual/OAG-AD-20485178

It’s a different car to this one that was listed for $110,000

It’s the same car 

aside from the CARRERA script … and I assume still non functional roof … not a lot has been done to the car 

bought from em by a dealer and now been sold by another dealer 

im super curious to know who buys  at the current $$$

note:: its actually  a fun tidy car . however needs more fettling to come close to the current $$$ . However good luck to them 

maybe it’s worth 180k now 

21 hours ago, tomo said:

I see on F/B that the silver backdate is a Zag build. Some bloke called Alex is the sales man.

This is a very good build. I assisted in the purchase of this car a couple of years ago and it was then treated to a good follow up spend. It is lovely to drive and anyone who buys it will not be disappointed. It sold a couple of years ago through Bespoke Prestige and was then listed at a stupid price >$400k, then >$300k and now at $285k which is a 25% uplift on its last sale so probably not far off I am guessing.

2 minutes ago, luzzo said:

I suspected so. But No. Have spoken to the seller. 

Its a US LHD and still is. Has a 3.0 and seems neat. 

Looks like it is sharply priced then for someone who is happy to drive a lefty. If it is all on the up and up I don't think it will be around for long.

20 hours ago, luzzo said:

I suspected so. But No. Have spoken to the seller. 

Its a US LHD and still is. Has a 3.0 and seems neat. 

Has Japanese rear seat treatment which you don't see very often.  Engine looks to be pre-79 (plastic lines) so worth checking the engine type, could be a big port 3.0

2 hours ago, on_booost said:

Seems to be at least priced reasonably....

Yes. Pity when something is priced reasonably and not cashing in on Covid tax, it straight away raises people concerns it is a possible scam...

Note I haven't seen the car so could be. The above does not constitute buying advice... ;)

1 hour ago, MJM911 said:

In The Spirit Of This Thread Can I Just Say Man That Ad Is Hard To Read…

You would think for the market they are chasing they would have spent a couple hundred bucks extra on some yellow zincing of the fan strap and other components and cleaning up the fan while they had the engine out.  Currently the car looks great until you open the boot and then you are looking at the automotive equivalent of a dog's arsehole!  A glaring missed opportunity for an otherwise very nice car.

Price?  I hope at least $250k!😁

On 03/02/2022 at 21:09, Peter M said:

Yes, interesting read, all new to me:

CHROME TEMPLE Investments | Cti Mach 1 Fund

So I guess the car that started this conversation is just an example of:

LIQUIDITY THROUGH TRADING

Led by an unemotional approach, Fund vehicles are always in a "for sale" state, which when combined with our conscious allocation of FUM in "pre-market" vehicles, provides the Fund short-term yields and liquidity.

And here I was just thinking it was just another 911 wanker trying to sell his backdate with a fanciful description, not a serious investment manager conducting business!

Carry on! 😁

Hi chaps, Alex Rogers here, GM of CHROME TEMPLE Motors.

I just thought I'd jump in and help to provide some clarity. CHROME TEMPLE is an ecosystem, currently made up of 3 verticals. Investments (fund), Storage + Transport (logistics), Motors (sales & sourcing). The latter of the three, Motors (CTm), is a brokerage service (not a dealer), which helps clients to sell and source vehicles. From time to time CTm may represent the sale of a vehicle from the fund (CTi), but the significant majority by a large margin are client's vehicles.

The 1988 backdated vehicle in question is not a CTi fund asset, but a client's vehicle we are brokering the sale of. The ad is listed as a private ad, as CTm is a broker and not a dealer. Sam Fuller is my business partner and looks after the CarSales ads. I manage the social side of things, hence the different names on the platforms/channels. Nothing untoward, just a divide and conquer among colleagues.

Hopefully that answers some questions. Feel free to get in touch with us regarding this vehicle or the business in general, either via the website or alternatively I am contactable on motors@chrometemple.com

Cheers,

Alex :)

5 hours ago, Alex@CHROMETEMPLE said:

Hi chaps, Alex Rogers here, GM of CHROME TEMPLE Motors.

I just thought I'd jump in and help to provide some clarity. CHROME TEMPLE is an ecosystem, currently made up of 3 verticals. Investments (fund), Storage + Transport (logistics), Motors (sales & sourcing). The latter of the three, Motors (CTm), is a brokerage service (not a dealer), which helps clients to sell and source vehicles. From time to time CTm may represent the sale of a vehicle from the fund (CTi), but the significant majority by a large margin are client's vehicles.

The 1988 backdated vehicle in question is not a CTi fund asset, but a client's vehicle we are brokering the sale of. The ad is listed as a private ad, as CTm is a broker and not a dealer. Sam Fuller is my business partner and looks after the CarSales ads. I manage the social side of things, hence the different names on the platforms/channels. Nothing untoward, just a divide and conquer among colleagues.

Hopefully that answers some questions. Feel free to get in touch with us regarding this vehicle or the business in general, either via the website or alternatively I am contactable on motors@chrometemple.com

Cheers,

Alex :)

So how much is it???