Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Didn’t do the dirt.  Went for drive with a guy that had driven across in the dirt.  Didn’t matter how much or how often he cleaned the car, red dirt was still falling out of everywhere inside the car.

Just now, Yeatesy said:

Give him a break, he knows what he’s got 😆

I was taught hat if you use ‘etc.’ it means you can’t think of anything else. He’s totally going to miss the car, etc.

1 hour ago, symsy said:

Or too Touring ....  Did they actually make it under that name , or is like the GT3 labelling .. fast car for fatter bloke that cant fit in bucket seats , with fat wallet ..?

Missing the 3.8 motor that is why it is a Touring.  ;)

I know the car very well , in fact I have a put a small number of those klms on this car.

I can’t claim to be an expert on 993RS values , but I do recall a red car sitting for ages priced in the 6’s in the last 6-12 months. I can’t recall if the car was withdrawn from sale or sold after a protracted period

This to me this car was priced appropriately, what’s the point of adding 50 or 100k to a price if the car doesn’t sell and people all infer something is wrong or suspect about the car.

To call this car just a touring completely misses the point and sells these cars well short. I’d suggest those people have not actually been fortunate enough to drive one

Justin

1 hour ago, reedminor said:

I know the car very well , in fact I have a put a small number of those klms on this car.

I can’t claim to be an expert on 993RS values , but I do recall a red car sitting for ages priced in the 6’s in the last 6-12 months. I can’t recall if the car was withdrawn from sale or sold after a protracted period

This to me this car was priced appropriately, what’s the point of adding 50 or 100k to a price if the car doesn’t sell and people all infer something is wrong or suspect about the car.

To call this car just a touring completely misses the point and sells these cars well short. I’d suggest those people have not actually been fortunate enough to buy one.

Justin

I don't know a huge amount about the 993 RS but wasn't the "touring" version delivered with a whale tail like wing? This one has the "clubsport" wing. Is this after the fact add on or were they an optional factory fit?

Also, the front splitter is from a "clubsport" rather that a "touring". Was this an optional fit too or an after the fact fit?

On 06/03/2022 at 11:19, Yeatesy said:

There’s some good buying in the west and the transport is much cheaper coming back than going over. 

For reference, I had a 911sc transported from Perth to Sydney door to door on Aug 2020 and it cost $1,246 with CEVA Logistics. No complaints about the delivery other than it took 3 weeks, which was a long time to wait for me! I ended up going to the depot in western Sydney to get it a few days earlier. A rainy day and the wipers weren't working and the handbrake had stuck on. Driving fast on the M4 fixed both problems 😊

Yes the touring’s were delivered with whale tail type rear wings.

Back in the day a lot had clubsport  spoilers fitted , either soon after delivery or by subsequent owners who fitted them. This car was no different 

that’s been happening since the beginning of time as 356 owners wanted to make their cars look newer, early 911 owners painting their engine grilles black, early g series owners dechroming their window surrounds and painting them black.

I’d be happy with either wing combination. I love them both.

congratulations to the new owner I reckon they have bought themselves a sublime car and driving experience, and I sincerely hope they add many more kilometres to the odometer

jr

23 hours ago, Bondiscwb said:

For reference, I had a 911sc transported from Perth to Sydney door to door on Aug 2020 and it cost $1,246 with CEVA Logistics. No complaints about the delivery other than it took 3 weeks, which was a long time to wait for me! I ended up going to the depot in western Sydney to get it a few days earlier. A rainy day and the wipers weren't working and the handbrake had stuck on. Driving fast on the M4 fixed both problems 😊

Wow my Carrera 3.0 came over in early October 2020.

I collected my car too ….. but had a much more trouble free drive home!

jr

8 minutes ago, reedminor said:

congratulations to the new owner I reckon they have bought themselves a sublime car and driving experience, and I sincerely hope they add many more kilometres to the odometer

Also know the car - and wanted it!  It’s a brilliant one. 

Like JR, I also know this particular car well.

The front spoiler and the rear CS wing were both factory pieces added by the current owner when he first purchased the car. They were however, also an option from new.

Its a blast to drive, particularly well sorted, and IMHO (other than a real GT2, well....because boost of course ) the pinnacle of AC goodness!

It doesn't get much better than this!

2 minutes ago, on_booost said:

Like JR, I also know this particular car well.

The front spoiler and the rear CS wing were both factory pieces added by the current owner when he first purchased the car. They were however, also an option from new.

Its a blast to drive, particularly well sorted, and IMHO (other than a real GT2, well....because boost of course ) the pinnacle of AC goodness!

It doesn't get much better than this!

White too .. you forgot that !

Not a car, but priced right and I've seen them way up there in asking https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/255418831794?hash=item3b782613b2%3Ag%3AeZEAAOSwAkdiGZW5&LH_Auction=1

Porsche Melb was selling new for $10 each early last year, not advertised on their site but worth calling if interested.

On 21/02/2022 at 15:11, Jdmc said:

On 21/02/2022 at 16:45, symsy said:

yes thats it ....  all i can say is people have money to burn....   its a reshell ... yes as clean as it looks ... for the price i would want a boot full of escobars cocaine 

Buy it its probably a good car ... the question is whats its value ?

Sold on the car . With a raft of smaller boggles which were been sorted . Most of which , not all, resolved by the former owner (a mlb dealer) , not the current seller AKA Robert @ Kollector cars …

what's it worth ? Clearly not the 175 been asked 

not a re -shell , it’s. 74 Oz targa in a year correct colour , with an SC 3.0 driving it . The original engine is out there .

ots a tidy car . Needs interior resolved and too my knowledge the targa roof still to be restored and it wasn’t the year correct frame , so possibly an issue with fitment .

harness was a modified LHD as came out of a lhd converted targa  , which was why @symsy mentions a reshell … a sorry tale . Basically I sold a this shell to someone I knew when his home restored targa (lhd converted ) was impounded and the Vin cut out , as it was a outer west , 80’s chop shop car. 
the original vin and car was still in WA 

so all the innards of his car then went into this shell 

voila 

whats it worth? Certainly be fun to drive anywhere below $145k . But no fun to drive above 80km until the targa roof fixed 

On 08/03/2022 at 11:05, pocketscience said:

if that’s 760

what’s  a turbo s worth ?