Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

11 hours ago, on_booost said:

Like JR, I also know this particular car well.

The front spoiler and the rear CS wing were both factory pieces added by the current owner when he first purchased the car. They were however, also an option from new.

Its a blast to drive, particularly well sorted, and IMHO (other than a real GT2, well....because boost of course ) the pinnacle of AC goodness!

It doesn't get much better than this!

Bravo … never a truer word has been spoken

So what do we think the market locally is now doing for second hand Porsche sports cars ? 
I have a search on carsales for second hand Porsche coupes. Late last year pre Xmas there were around 270.  Now it’s 340+.  That’s a supply increase of 26% in around 4 months. 

im still seeing massive asks on lots of tasty cars - not sure many are moving . 
Thoughts?

"Yesterdays price is not today's price"

Good "desirable" cars are moving fast, with plenty of off market action and for what appears to be good $$.

A rising tide raises all boats - but efffin hell - some people are taking the piss with asking prices? Surely?

But - what would i know?

2 hours ago, on_booost said:

A rising tide raises all boats - but efffin hell - some people are taking the piss with asking prices? Surely?

Like $128,000 996 GT3 lookalikes 

3 hours ago, mc968cs said:

im still seeing massive asks on lots of tasty cars - not sure many are moving . 
Thoughts?

As has been mentioned plenty of times on here. You can ask whatever you want for a car, yet whether it actually sells is another thing altogether.

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Like $128,000 996 GT3 lookalikes 

As has been mentioned plenty of times on here. You can ask whatever you want for a car, yet whether it actually sells is another thing altogether.

As GT cars assend to price's that only Coke dealers and millionaire's can afford,  As history shows there will always be a market for a tastefully presented replica :)

Is anyone familiar with this 2014 991.1 911 4S for sale in WA?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2014-porsche-911-4s-991-auto-awd-my14/SSE-AD-5095922/?Cr=0

It appears to have been for sale for a long time (3 years!) but the owner is responsive to messages and on face value doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the car. The photos don't do it any favours.

Any thoughts appreciated!

On 10/03/2022 at 08:54, on_booost said:

The front spoiler and the rear CS wing were both factory pieces added by the current owner when he first purchased the car. They were however, also an option from new.

Was cleaning out the filing cabinet found this Aust price list on 993 RSCS Aerokit

993rs.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/03/2022 at 13:18, tomo said:

As GT cars assend to price's that only Coke dealers and millionaire's can afford,  As history shows there will always be a market for a tastefully presented replica :)

This is me, guilty as charged. Bought my 996.2 manual "GT3" replica because , well it was 150k less than a real one. It wasn't till i got it home and started looking at everything that i realised how well done and "authentic" it was.

16 hours ago, StephenS said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1977-porsche-911-sc-manual/OAG-AD-20562568

it has been a very long time out of the older P car scene. Interested in feedback as to whether this is the going rate or thereabouts for this era Aussie delivered?

It’s up there in pricing.  Looks very clean Id guess has a recent respray or has been under a woollen cover for 45 years.

1 hour ago, Dalai said:

Owner vacuumed it too. It's almost as if they read this forum... :D

GLWS!

Haha. Actually I was about to take the interior shots and saw my feet had left a few bits I had to flick out first for fear of the comments ;)