Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

40 minutes ago, Coastr said:

Umm isn’t this thread 1400+ pages of ‘rate my ad’?  Nobody actually does any buying from this thread right?  Right?

This thread for me is the "cars not to buy" thread. Most things interesting have history, which inevitably gets unearthed here. Invaluable resource imo.

5 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Context: someone just paid AU$400k + bp for an WRX 2 door STi 22B. 

Almost unmodified example with 29k km on the clock. Garage queen for the last 15 years. 425 made. 1 year from the 25 year rule in the US coming into effect. That car is more collectible than 99% of P-cars.

13 hours ago, sleazius said:

Almost unmodified example with 29k km on the clock. Garage queen for the last 15 years. 425 made. 1 year from the 25 year rule in the US coming into effect. That car is more collectible than 99% of P-cars.

Agreed x 100

Desirable and Rare - that's money in the bank!

Mate in HK had a 22B & R34 in the early 2000’s, back when they were relatively cheap (in the grand scheme of things as a single guy), loved them both. He’s a proper JDM boost head, R34 got modded to just under 1000bhp, with a ‘safe’ tune at 750bhp, but when he met his wife and moved out of the CBD, one car had to go.

Yep, he’s still got the R34 🙄

Yep, kicks himself regularly that he sold the wrong car.

4 minutes ago, Mike-S said:

Mate in HK had a 22B & R34 in the early 2000’s, back when they were relatively cheap (in the grand scheme of things as a single guy), loved them both. He’s a proper JDM boost head, R34 got modded to just under 1000bhp, with a ‘safe’ tune at 750bhp, but when he met his wife and moved out of the CBD, one car had to go.

Yep, he’s still got the R34 🙄

Yep, kicks himself regularly that he sold the wrong car.

Disagree.   R34’s are up there.   R34VS2N1=$1M ask, now. I sold one in ‘16, for considerably less

I've got I guess you could say the spiritual successor to the 22B (sort of). It's one of the most fun road cars I've driven.

Yep, the interior is a pile of junk, but so is the 993 interior in my opinion. Similar vintage cars.

I can't see paying the money that gets paid for early 911s these days, but thankfully we all have different opinions as enthusiasts!

9 hours ago, sleazius said:

I've got I guess you could say the spiritual successor to the 22B (sort of). It's one of the most fun road cars I've driven.

Yep, the interior is a pile of junk, but so is the 996 interior in my opinion. Similar vintage cars.

I can't see paying the money that gets paid for early 911s these days, but thankfully we all have different opinions as enthusiasts!

I fixed this for you - I am sure it was a typo😀

On 16/02/2016 at 22:11, ByronBayChris said:

http://www.oldtimeraustralia.com/wp_car_dealer/1972-porsche-911s-2-4-targa/

$249,000 for a US import RHD convert in "Ok" condition - "a bit of work will make this a concours car"

And I thought the world had fallen apart regarding to values....yeah, but its not sold, I know that 

Hi All, and please excuse my ignorance if I ask something that is patently stupid. This car is for sale again through Richmonds Adelaide (and has been for some time) and they are asking $300k. It seems that's it not really a car that has the credentials for pure collectability (otherwise it would have been sold ages ago) but the price asked indicates that how they're pitching it. Is it a case of asking too much or not worth it at any price? My objective would be to have a car I love to look at, admire and drive (rarely, but not never) and not own simply as an investment, but I'm wary that it would be hard to sell in the future unless it's a dumpster fire sale. Any insight or advice would be much appreciated.

39 minutes ago, Pearlydise said:

Hi All, and please excuse my ignorance if I ask something that is patently stupid. This car is for sale again through Richmonds Adelaide (and has been for some time) and they are asking $300k. 

It's never a stupid question if you don't know mate 👍

Personally, I think it's a LOT of money for a converted car, and I don't think it's worth it...at all. $200k maybe, as they're a rare bird, but definitely not $300k

On 03/04/2022 at 14:05, NAC911 said:

Surely there's a way around this to re register??!! Absolute weapon and bargain 

I am guessing it is a UK (or other RHD) import so no way easy way around rego.