Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

40 minutes ago, MFX said:

350hp from a 3.2..... hmmm, that sounds like some VERY healthy exaggeration there ;)

I looked at the car when it was for sale at CTS about 6 months and it was worth the asking price $250K at that time , car was purchased by Classic with a Cause and raffled off , obviously the person who won it wanted the cash .

Big money had been spent on it and nothing on the car was done poorly , I saw no evidence of the car being a repaired ride off the paint and body work were flawless when I looked at the car and every thing was done to a very high standard ,,,, I posted this car up in this very thread about 6 months ago and also purchased tickets when it was raffled .:Beer:

https://classicthrottleshop.com/1976-porsche-911-sc-rsr/

https://classicsforacause.com.au/double-blue-porsche/

Spec below 

Starting life as a 1976 Australian delivered 911 SC, the dream became a reality over 10 years ago, to build a very special race machine inspired by one of the best purpose built sport cars in the world. Painted in the unique Mexico Blue which George Follmer ran in the IROC series, the bare-shell assembly took a very careful 5 months by PR Technology to '74 IROC RSR specifications.

Firstly fitted with a new 400hp 3.8 litre, the car was used for motorsport & track day events while kept in stunning condition.

Years later it under went a second full body restoration by Auto Coupe, bring it back to a more road going focus but still keeping to its true identity as a race car.

A 3.2 litre 73/74 RSR spec motor is fitted. This has been built by Jerry Woods at JWE MotorSports in San Jose and is based on a ’76 short stroke 930 turbo case and crankshaft, putting out 350 horsepower. Also inside the engine bay is the slide-valve mechanical fuel injection fed by the period correct high velocity stacks, making the cost of the engine alone around the $150,000 mark.

The Close Ratio 915 gearbox with WEVO gate shifter, internals and LSD, also built by PR Technology is retained.

Matching the featured IROC body is custom RSR coil-overs with Bilstein Comps to match Roger Penske’s IROC series cars. Being able to handle the aggression of this masterpiece is a series 1 GT3 split-system brake set-up.

This near authentic replica has a road legal roll cage & is road registered.

1976-Porsche-RSR-Recreation-Mexico-Blue-

23 hours ago, Raven said:

I looked at the car when it was for sale at CTS about 6 months and it was worth the asking price $250K at that time , car was purchased by Classic with a Cause and raffled off , obviously the person who won it wanted the cash .

Big money had been spent on it and nothing on the car was done poorly , I saw no evidence of the car being a repaired ride off the paint and body work were flawless when I looked at the car and every thing was done to a very high standard ,,,, I posted this car up in this very thread about 6 months ago and also purchased tickets when it was raffled .:Beer:

Spec below 

Starting life as a 1976 Australian delivered 911 SC, the dream became a reality over 10 years ago, to build a very special race machine inspired by one of the best purpose built sport cars in the world. Painted in the unique Mexico Blue which George Follmer ran in the IROC series, the bare-shell assembly took a very careful 5 months by PR Technology to '74 IROC RSR specifications.

Firstly fitted with a new 400hp 3.8 litre, the car was used for motorsport & track day events while kept in stunning condition.

Years later it under went a second full body restoration by Auto Coupe, bring it back to a more road going focus but still keeping to its true identity as a race car.

A 3.2 litre 73/74 RSR spec motor is fitted. This has been built by Jerry Woods at JWE MotorSports in San Jose and is based on a ’76 short stroke 930 turbo case and crankshaft, putting out 350 horsepower. Also inside the engine bay is the slide-valve mechanical fuel injection fed by the period correct high velocity stacks, making the cost of the engine alone around the $150,000 mark.

The Close Ratio 915 gearbox with WEVO gate shifter, internals and LSD, also built by PR Technology is retained.

Matching the featured IROC body is custom RSR coil-overs with Bilstein Comps to match Roger Penske’s IROC series cars. Being able to handle the aggression of this masterpiece is a series 1 GT3 split-system brake set-up.

@OBRUT - This is George P's old car??????

2 hours ago, Raven said:

Spec below 

They can write whatever they like, doesn't make it true. The 3.8 that was previously in it possibly could have made 350hp, not the 3.2 that is for sure. making over 100hp per litre in these old aircooled engines is near on non existent. The Singer DLS with its crazy Williams developed engine does it, and that makes 500hp from 4 litres at 9000rpm with 4 cam heads but that is not a normal build. Even Singers 3.8 litre 'only' makes 350hp. 

9 minutes ago, MFX said:

They can write whatever they like, doesn't make it true. The 3.8 that was previously in it possibly could have made 350hp, not the 3.2 that is for sure. making over 100hp per litre in these old aircooled engines is near on non existent. The Singer DLS with its crazy Williams developed engine does it, and that makes 500hp from 4 litres at 9000rpm with 4 cam heads but that is not a normal build. Even Singers 3.8 litre 'only' makes 350hp. 

My 3.0 is making a genuine 300hp + on webers, extremely well built motor by a master. 350hp with that set up is not surprising.

9 hours ago, MFX said:

Very true they can write what they want in a sales advert ,an it could be BS,, but when I looked at it they had a mountain of paperwork and receipts including the engine work from Jerry Woods who did the motor in the U.S and he has a very good reputation for reliable high HP air cooled motors,the car was a very impressive build and worth the original asking price at CTS , interesting that it sold for less at Greys , than the original CTS sales price ..

Ahh JEFF .. @MFX   I think you hit the nail on the head there mate and it applies to forums and retailers of these pieces of ego expression , I wish I had a massive c..ck or is that block. 

"They can write whatever they like, doesn't make it true".       

As for comments on BHP , Tuthil and Ninemeister in the UK both getting 350+ out of their  Aircool motors .. Singer is not the be all and end all .. 

PFA  =. Passion Fuelled Assumption ,  on many cars 

Gotta love this thread , so many good cars smashed by the rumour mill and lets face it so many shit cars sold by our great workshops and crafty copy and advertising 

We wont talk about the Forensic execution of sellers via Photographs 

1 hour ago, 9er said:

You get bang for your buck with Lotus 1988 Turbo for $65K 

ad-assets%2F2022-05%2F1651497120_2.jpg

Highly debatable that that is bang for your buck. I don't know the Esprits that well, but surely the S4s or the last of the model V8's are the ones to have...else the earliest S1 from a collectability perspective (but not bang for buck). What I do know about the Esprit is that there is a proliferation of these from Honkers, Singers and Japan with some slightly dubious odometer readings and no verifiable history in sight...so hopefully this one is a step up on that.

4 minutes ago, rafikdous said:

I have passed the hat around , $87.50 pulled me up , Sadly I will have to pass  ; )