wasserkuhl

Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

4 minutes ago, NAC911 said:

Flood damaged?

Nope mechanical, owner says all ok and seems to be legitimate seller.

I’m sure there’s a story behind it somewhere along the line. 

1 minute ago, ADS911 said:

Nope mechanical, owner says all ok and seems to be legitimate seller.

I’m sure there’s a story behind it somewhere along the line. 

WEIRD. I could understand repairable write off if mechanical, unless it has a different meaning in different states?? In Vic you can challenge stat writeoff status now.

1 minute ago, NAC911 said:

WEIRD. I could understand repairable write off if mechanical, unless it has a different meaning in different states?? In Vic you can challenge stat writeoff status now.

WOW, it appears in SA is next to impossible, we are not the most progressive with change though 🤣

Just now, ADS911 said:

WOW, it appears in SA is next to impossible, we are not the most progressive with change though 🤣

Haha, yeah it got changed a while back because a lot of high value cars suddenly because financially viable again.

I wonder if this one could be economically saved in the right state?

34 minutes ago, NAC911 said:

Haha, yeah it got changed a while back because a lot of high value cars suddenly because financially viable again.

I wonder if this one could be economically saved in the right state?

you reside, operate or are registered to bid in the State of Victoria and intend on purchasing statutory write off vehicle, you will need to hold a Vic EPA licence, permit or registration.

To assist us prepare, please email a copy of your Licence, Permit or Registration to compliance@pickles.com.au.

1 hour ago, NAC911 said:

You'd think if it gets fully engineered to comply it should be a no brainer. 

From my understanding, if a car was imported for track only reasons it is no longer able to be changed to another classification short of exporting it and importing it again. That at least is what it was with the old system. I believe the import rules have now changed so I am not sure if this changed with it.

That said, at least in this case if the car is a Stat Write off, you will no longer be able to register it in NSW at all.

On 03/04/2022 at 13:35, NAC911 said:

Surely there's a way around this to re register??!! Absolute weapon and bargain 

Easy if you've already got a 997. Just swap the rego plates and ya done 👍

2 hours ago, ADS911 said:

Surely you jest? 😉

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

Easy if you've already got a 997. Just swap the rego plates and ya done 👍

Surely you jest? 😉

Maybe its only us Pommies who think of such things seeing as we could go get our new plates in the UK in Halfords., would be just like popping to supercheap. 

So many bitsa/basket cars have been legitimised and some with provenance prestige branding like the Ex Mosman Autos. back in time.

I think I have seen more than half a dozen cars ..  officially restamped 😉😉.. missing build tags and more in the past 6 or so years, even cars with no numbers in the morning .. and the numbers in the afternoon when i ask ..   Mainly Aircool cars though ... number plates are cheapest route.   

There are many a car that comes here with a paperwork write off from the UK that just dont get on the WOVR ..

I think one member here had a 993 TTS, I know i inspected t and it appeared a few times in some Vic events..great car..

I think rumour mill and assumptions.. are quite comical really and the story on some of these cars.

On 05/04/2022 at 08:26, symsy said:

There are many a car that comes here with a paperwork write off from the UK that just dont get on the WOVR ..

That's very true. Few years ago I bought a UK car from a "friend". The car was brilliant. Later I accidentally got to know that it was an insurance write off in the UK. Stolen, stripped of some panels and the engine. No damage but the engine was re-stamped. I took a hit selling it.

Learnt my lesson. It cost $25 to do an online check on UK cars so do it a save yourself the disappointment.

Seems quite a few of you are confused so hopefully I can clear some things up.

Re the white 997, a recent poster indicated the PPSR stated it as being complied in 11/07 and a stat write off in 2016. They reasonably deduced it was therefore Aus delivered, which is 99.9999 likely to be the case. It also means we can dispense with the conjecture over it being an import. Now... there's a difference between repairable write off and statutory write off. The former is where the insurance company agrees to pay out the insured party, as it's economically unviable for them to repair. But a statutory write off has nothing to do with viability, only with structural or functional integrity which may affect safety. If you see a stat write off, it's either copped one helluva whack, or been incinerated or flooded etc. If you buy a stat write off, you'll never be able to road register it, I doubt you'd be even able to race register it and you certainly can't so much as get a UVP for it..if you want to strip it, show it, export it... knock yourself out, but you're not road registering it.

If the car had been imported under race Rallye permit, could you reregister it under a different rule set such as 25 year? No. Why? Because the VIN is already registered on the federal NEVDIS database and various other systems, and your application for import approval would be rejected. A futile way to spend 50 bucks. You could try to export it and reimport it....but I suspect this would fail. A futile way to spend 20000 bucks.

Re importing from overseas...it is possible to import by accident or intent a written off vehicle, but increasingly risky. With UK, the old system of Cat A through D simply prohibited purchase and export of Cat A and B, but in theory you could sneak a Cat C or D out. However, depending upon what rule set you imported it to Aus, you'd run the real risk of it failing compliance, meaning a blacklisted vin and a waste of a car. And nowadays if the compliance doesn't get you, the RWC might too. As in some states photographic evidence must be taken during rwc and retained for audit. And after all that...you sneak a dodgy wreck out from UK or NZ etc...you sneak past compliance, you sneak past rwc...you still need to sneak it past Porsche and their PPI teams...and you won't get past that.

uK now use cat n, s etc rather than a through D but it's roughly the same system.

This should be pinned to the top of the page in capital bold lettering! 

Nice one @Foibles 👍

10 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

I feel like this was listed previously 🤔 

https://classicthrottleshop.com/1974-porsche-911-carrera-2-7-mfi-targa/

It failed to sell on collecting cars so I went to view it with Harris classics in Uk …. Great rare car , older resto …. But it was just so damned barbie pink …

Many (many!) years ago I had a Datsun coupe that colour, with a black vinyl roof. I’d have no prob driving that - if fact I’ve just shown the ad to my kids and they want to know when we’re buying it!

Besides, if the car is good and the price is right, a wrap is always available 

1 hour ago, Jedly said:

It failed to sell on collecting cars so I went to view it with Harris classics in Uk …. Great rare car , older resto …. But it was just so damned barbie pink …

Yeah, it’s say “magenta” ... but looked more like ‘hot pink’ to me too!! 😄

21 minutes ago, Philbee said:

Yeah, it’s say “magenta” ... but looked more like ‘hot pink’ to me too!! 😄

Bit off track but my mates XU1 was Nipple pink back in the day, Boy did he cop some B/S but he would throw you in it, And you did not pick on the colour again, :)

5 hours ago, PomBstard said:

Besides, if the car is good and the price is right, a wrap is always available 

Exactly. $3k to change the colour if it is that much of an issue. Very rare car so you get what you get.

12 hours ago, tomo said:

Bit off track but my mates XU1 was Nipple pink back in the day, Boy did he cop some B/S but he would throw you in it, And you did not pick on the colour again, :)

The holden factory colour was 'strike me pink' and is now the most desirable of the XU1s. 

41 minutes ago, Schnell said:

The holden factory colour was 'strike me pink' and is now the most desirable of the XU1s. 

That maybe but as far as the owner  was concerned it was Nipple :)