Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

4 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Looks like it has a peanut allergy 

Yes and try find a decent set of build numbers on it ... WPOZZZ959XXXXX. , Yes it needs a Rothmans livery and Im guessing be a car i saw a few years back at 20k and  needs to come with a set of punches and a hammer if its the same car ..  If its the same car I would be seriously allergic 

7 hours ago, symsy said:

Yes and try find a decent set of build numbers on it ... WPOZZZ959XXXXX. , Yes it needs a Rothmans livery and Im guessing be a car i saw a few years back at 20k and  needs to come with a set of punches and a hammer if its the same car ..  If its the same car I would be seriously allergic 

Make a fun safari car if lifted and you rolled in grinning like a loon that has no f$&@s left to give…

Wonder what caused the VIN reissue?

24 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Make a fun safari car if lifted and you rolled in grinning like a loon that has no f$&@s left to give…

Wonder what caused the VIN reissue?

Wonder if it has a vin yet , it may not be the same car , but the last 959 i knew of i canberra didnt have one .. I look at them all the time dont you ?? And I dream of rolling in to cars and coffee full safari style and chucking donuts on the grass .. screw parking in the designated tarmac areas..  Im happy to consult you on the appropriate colours and livery .. maybe a purple and white Silk Cut branded car over Rothmans would suit us , a blend of your purple with my passion for white ... I will go you 50/50 what numbers you got for me for the Vin 😉

9 hours ago, symsy said:

Wonder if it has a vin yet , it may not be the same car , but the last 959 i knew of i canberra didnt have one .. I look at them all the time dont you ?? And I dream of rolling in to cars and coffee full safari style and chucking donuts on the grass .. screw parking in the designated tarmac areas..  Im happy to consult you on the appropriate colours and livery .. maybe a purple and white Silk Cut branded car over Rothmans would suit us , a blend of your purple with my passion for white ... I will go you 50/50 what numbers you got for me for the Vin 😉

It has a VIN on the compliance plate - looks like a police issued job. Can make rego tricky depending on the where’s how’s and when’s. 

1 minute ago, Tips said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1976-porsche-911-s-manual/SSE-AD-12635679? appears a high price for a 76 with a colour change. A mate is interested but im not sure, anyone know the car or seller?

I know it sold for around 130k late last year, On one of the online auction sites

21 minutes ago, 901er said:

I know it sold for around 130k late last year, On one of the online auction sites

Thanks I’ll search it out, the rear guards look a little wide for a 76 and makes me think it got SC guards during the colour change

4 minutes ago, Tips said:

Perfect thanks and also notes the sc guards. He’s sen error of his ways and has moved on to look at others

If he hasn’t seen it the lime green one on collecting cars is worth a look

On 17/05/2022 at 16:51, Tips said:

Thanks I’ll search it out, the rear guards look a little wide for a 76 and makes me think it got SC guards during the colour change

On 17/05/2022 at 20:01, Tips said:

Perfect thanks and also notes the sc guards. He’s sen error of his ways and has moved on to look at others

I think you'll find they're RS flares, wider lip than SC. The factory welded RS flares to the first 200 odd G bodied 2.7 Carreras so are in a sense a nice correct-ish touch for welded on flares to an earlier car. Just for a price guide I had a 74 2.7 Aust delivered in its original Mexico blue and was non sunroof and also had RS flares, sold it 2 years ago for $80k then when I inquired to buy it back 18 months later $130k was what the value was deemed to be but was not for sale, but it did get swapped later for a newer 911 of around $130k. That should still be that cars value today but would you pay that. In comparison to that the burgundy car should be $110-120k

4 hours ago, Bugs77 said:

$130k was what the value was deemed to be but was not for sale, but it did get swapped later for a newer 911 of around $130k.

Reckon a mate of mine did that swap with his 997. Is this your old car? 

Screenshot-20220519-172423-Messages.jpg

4 minutes ago, t888 said:

Wow 260k kms. I wonder what it is worth. 

Prior to covid 997.2 models were creeping to low 100 with UK imports falling below 100. 

There's one available here in Tassie, pretty low on fruit and with 115k kms on it.  He wants $130k but I'm thinking it's probably a $115k car, possibly $120k at the outside.  This one with those kms, but the fancy clock would be mid 80's / low 90's perhaps????? 

20 minutes ago, t888 said:

Wow 260k kms. I wonder what it is worth. 

Prior to covid 997.2 models were creeping to low 100 with UK imports falling below 100. 

Sold my 2006 C4S UK import with 86,000 klms 6 months ago for $94k. I thought that was a fair price.