Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

7 hours ago, crsedge said:

What were the details? Great looking car!

Highish mileage but looks OK and forgot to mention it wasn't for sale plus I think the gearbox might need some work.

Edited by MARTY
add extra info

On 17/05/2022 at 18:23, Tips said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1976-porsche-911-s-manual/SSE-AD-12635679? appears a high price for a 76 with a colour change. A mate is interested but im not sure, anyone know the car or seller?

On 17/05/2022 at 20:42, Yeatesy said:

Here you go, shows a highest bid of $138,000

https://tradinggarage.com/product/1976-porsche-911-2-7/

You're gotta do your homework!

If you just look at the current Carsales advert you'd think it's something special on first glance

However the Trading Garage info shows it's actually done 190,000km not 90,000km.  Also shows its been fitted with second hand pistons and cylinders and the resulting compression testing ain't all that flash either!

Definite case of buyer beware required here.

4 hours ago, Peter M said:

If you just look at the current Carsales advert you'd think it's something special on first glance

However the Trading Garage info shows it's actually done 190,000km not 90,000km.  Also shows its been fitted with second hand pistons and cylinders and the resulting compression testing ain't all that flash either!

Good spotting Pete I have located it on 3 other previous adverts and yes some very average maintenance. Buyer checked it out and seller has advised he is now considering storing the car as a keeper🙄.

Freind that’s buying hasn’t driven a 911 and is flipping all over the place between air cooled models so I have suggested he go and drive a couple yo get his focused narrowed rather than just loom at everything and wasting time

5 hours ago, Peter M said:

With a 5 digit odometer on an almost 50 year old car, it could be 290k or 390k. That said, I don't really think kms are relevant on any car that age, it is all about the current condition.

6 minutes ago, MFX said:

With a 5 digit odometer on an almost 50 year old car, it could be 290k or 390k. That said, I don't really think kms are relevant on any car that age, it is all about the current condition.

Exactly my thoughts. My sc had 334k km on the clock but everything had been replaced and it was as tight as a drum 

10 hours ago, MFX said:

10 hours ago, Tips said:

Exactly my thoughts. My sc had 334k km on the clock but everything had been replaced and it was as tight as a drum 

9 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

Spot on Jeff

My point was the current owner is advertising it to have done 90,000km when the service records show it's actually done 190,000km. 

My beef was the misrepresentation of the km travelled. 

So can the angry mob put the rope nooses and the flaming touches away please? 😁 

1 hour ago, Yeatesy said:

A 997.2 with a 997.1 steering wheel & Carrera Sport wheels?

Good points, however the Carrera Sport wheels were available as an option on 997.2 I believe. 

The steering wheel is interesting. 

I believe it may be due to:

Car being a Manual (PDK steering different shape and paddles)

Optioned as a Multifunction steering (Audio volume, Phone functions & dash modes iirc). 

I have seen other 997.2'a with the same steering wheel when its a Manual with Multifunction, but not sure if that's consistent through the years, or just in the first year(s) of 7.2

Eg, Here's another 997.2 which is Manual and Multifunction.  

It also has Carrera Sport wheels. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-series-ii-manual-my10/OAG-AD-20385608 

33 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Good points, however the Carrera Sport wheels were available as an option on 997.2 I believe. 

The steering wheel is interesting. 

I believe it may be due to:

Car being a Manual (PDK steering different shape and paddles)

Optioned as a Multifunction steering (Audio volume, Phone functions & dash modes iirc). 

I have seen other 997.2'a with the same steering wheel when its a Manual with Multifunction, but not sure if that's consistent through the years, or just in the first year(s) of 7.2

Eg, Here's another 997.2 which is Manual and Multifunction.  

It also has Carrera Sport wheels. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-series-ii-manual-my10/OAG-AD-20385608 

Ah yes sounds like you are spot on as there was plenty of options available and that would explain the steering wheel. I’ve heard of a 997.15 Turbo which had an interesting spec but I don’t think there was a Carrera like that. 

@luzzo option codes courtesy of Stutt Cars were XPV & XRR 😉

58 minutes ago, sjm said:

Great value for a converted G50 coupe