Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

11 hours ago, LeeM said:

Having fitted some megaphones to mine, they're great if you want the onset of tinnitus! Rather loud without a helmet on I can assure you that 😅

I baffled them with stainless scourer pads which made them bareable, yet it did affect the torque of the engine a bit, so I took them off.

The Chesterfield car is just bloody beautiful in my eyes. You'd have to think $300ish wouldn't ya? 

With the truck, they are asking $700+

2 hours ago, JLD said:

the one that sat for ages at low $200s had over 70,000 ks on it

Ya, this is a different one.   But been advertised before from perth.  I tried to enquire at that time, but no response to texts or calls. !

On 09/07/2022 at 16:55, twro said:

Wouldn't PCW be selling it, rather than a non-Porsche dealership? 

Very nice car. Top $$ though.

No PCW wouldn't be allowed to sell it as it is a conflict of interest if Sean is the owner and also GM of the dealer. 

My local BMW dealer said staff are not allowed to consign their cars through the dealer for that reason and have to use carsales like the rest of Joe Public. 

1 hour ago, Yeatesy said:

This Carrera 3.0 looks like it has potential at a reasonable price. @reedminor you know this model well, what do you think?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1200886877379358/

At face value yes seems reasonably priced…. And plenty of potential.

Its been converted for left to right hand drive, but if well done that wouldn’t effect your enjoyment of the car.

Photographs definitely don’t inspire confidence, which is possibly why it’s been on the market a while. 

I don’t need a second Carrera3.0 in oak green but if I was looking for one I’d definitely be reaching out to the seller. 

Justin

2 minutes ago, reedminor said:

At face value yes seems reasonably priced…. And plenty of potential.

Its been converted for left to right hand drive, but if well done that wouldn’t effect your enjoyment of the car.

Photographs definitely don’t inspire confidence, which is possibly why it’s been on the market a while. 

I don’t need a second Carrera3.0 in oak green but if I was looking for one I’d definitely be reaching out to the seller. 

Justin

At least from the pics the conversion looks to be done well using RHD internals as you can see it has the correct smugglers box.

1 minute ago, Diamond911 said:

Agreed. It looks like a nice neat SC, but $320k. It has 200k kms on the clock so it is not collector grade.

I think some people may be smelling a turn in the market and are trying a last ditch hail Mary :D

25 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

That’s a hell of a lot of money for an SC

I'm showing Shannon's in the morning and doubling my agreed value... :ph34r: 

The car is so good they didn't even need to provide any comments, let alone the history of Porsche from the 50's through to 1981... :D

31 minutes ago, Dalai said:

I'm showing Shannon's in the morning and doubling my agreed value... :ph34r: 

The car is so good they didn't even need to provide any comments, let alone the history of Porsche from the 50's through to 1981... :D

Had time to take 38 quality photos but no time to copy and paste from Wikipedia 😆

Well it would suck big time if it's never driven again. I can't see the point as to why anyone would buy a car like that, and not even do some speedy demo laps or whatever. I hear The Bend will be hosting some sort of Rennsport thing some time in the future, so this had better be there! 

Yeah it's worth a lot of cash and has loads of Australian racing history blah blah, but to just end up in someone's collection would be bloody sacrilege. 

49 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Yeah it's worth a lot of cash and has loads of Australian racing history blah blah, but to just end up in someone's collection would be bloody sacrilege. 

Amen to that Lee! Unfortunately once cars were seen as investments, too many historically important race cars are now in collections especially overseas...

Hopefully I am proven wrong and get to see and hear it at Phillip Island or Mallala historics in the future. Though might go into Dutton's and see it in person this weekend just in case.

35 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

At least the guy who owns the Ferrari GT 250 Breadvan valued at $AU44.5 Million actually used it as it was recently crashed at LeMans 😱

I watched that one. It was a biggy! That also had a stack at Goodwood a few years ago, then again somewhere else with major damage to the rear which basically squashed the rear end up to the driver (it was a helluva mess), then it was repaired for the Le Mans classic a few months later, and promptly smashed to bits again. I vaguely remember the big crash bill was $250k or something bonkers like that.

The owner was pretty candid with his take on owning these old cars that are owned to race, not sit in a collection. 

Nick Mason (ex Pink Floyd drummer and mega car nut) smashed his McLaren GT car to bits in a demo at Goodwood coupla months ago, and he was like "Oh well, we'll fix it to drive again" 

Jeez, if I won multi millions, I'd be buying the Chesterfield car for sure