Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

14 hours ago, MFX said:

$260k even with lowish kms sounds like a stretch. Also cab manuals are a very small market. Most people who want a cab, is to cruise around and prefer a tip. Most people who want a manual also want the better handling, lighter car with a roof. Maybe I am way off...

Agree. after having taken a close look at a couple of 964 Cabs recently, albeit both with low 100+K kms, the price on this is a very, very big stretch. Indeed, the low kms is not necessarily as big attractor as the seller might think as no doubt some components will need to be refreshed/replaced simply due to age or lack of use.

Also, while cabs have a smaller audience than hardtops, I notice that the car has the rear seat delete option which reduces the audience even further especially buyers who might want to take out their kids or grand kids for a drive.

In the current market, I reckon the car is $160-190K tops.

On 03/12/2022 at 11:20, 911virgin said:

"1993 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 964 Manual" https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1993-porsche-911-carrera-2-cabriolet-964-manual/OAG-AD-21361569?pageSource=details&id=OAG-AD-21361569

There's a few four year gaps in the service history. Car was delivered in Sydney and spent most of its life there until the last three years.

PCP didn't know how many previous owners.....

Though a UK-delivered car, I would prefer to undertake a thorough PPI and consider this one given the price variation between the two...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1990-porsche-911-carrera-2-cabriolet-964-manual/SSE-AD-7152605/?Cr=0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a bargain! Only $69k for an SC Targa with the roof cut off and converted to look like the most coveted series of 911 ever produced. What is not to like :D

The fact that it has no engine or gearbox just means it is a clean slate to make it into the most desirable 911 ever made. 

34 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Car sales longest running ad contender.

I have watched this car just go up in price over five years . Unique marketing 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1974-porsche-911-s-manual/SSE-AD-5508500?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-5508500

Jeebus...there's hope for mine getting a decent price then!