Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Yep,you could never equal Jacks car in a short build. No way. You can however build a cool looking left hooker out of the red car listed for  30k including buying the car. The problem is as has been stated the market is looking for RHD AUD cars that at least look stock. People like the look of hotrods but they don't buy them. To make it worth your time would need to be able to sell it for 40K and that's just not going to happen here. 

And this is exactly what I want to do with a long hood ^^ but not for resale, for a keeper... I'm just not in any kind of position right now to take on any projects, but as soon as house renovations slow down, I will consider looking for one. 

The LHD | RHD thing doesn't bother me in the slightest nor does originality, a hotrod 911 would be a great companion as I would leave the GT3 stock and drive, race & develop the old one... at least it wouldn't hurt as much crashing it. :lol: 

Is this a real Turbo Carrera?

Yes, in the USA the eraly and first turbo models were marketed as Turbo Carrera's, where as the ROW models were simply 911 Turbos or 'Turbo'. They are all type 930.

This car appears to be a US market 930 and as such is a turbo carrera, they differ little from the ROW cars, mainly that little badge on the engine lid and thats it.

It would be worth investigating to ensure it is numbers matching, and that the conversion wasn't done by drunk sailors, as these cars are becoming both rare and valuable. (most of them ended up going bacjward through hedges and fences ;) )

White 993s certainly do look hot.

I like the contrast against the black trim.

Of interest is that this one has already sold.  $93,993 was the advertised price (if I recall correctly).  Which means this white 993 is being advertised is the right ballpark.  I am sure that 993 owners will be looking to see how long this white one stays on the market for.  Especially come insurance renewal time.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/SSE-AD-2248408/?Cr=8

That is rather fetching and keenly priced too.

I like Kevins Bold Statement " There are only 5 C2’s in total of which two are UK imports which do not hold their value."

1) They are all imports

2) I'd suggest that a 1973 Carrera RS Import, a 901, a 1976 turbo, any 356/912 Holds its value regardless of the origin based on each cars condition.

This is a perfect opportunity for someone to buy a depreciation proof smile generator.

I'd be surprised if it isn't already sold.

Since I love the sound of a hotted up Porsche does it mean I should love this also ?.. Kinda reminds me of the Gemballa that Vanilla Ice used to own.... If these comments get me suspended from the forum I completely understand !!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VW-CONVERTIBLE-BEETLE-1970-rare-with-PORSCHE-BODY-KIT-very-nice-SWAP-/321216249051?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item4ac9fafcdb&_uhb=1