Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1981 it changed to higher comp and the need for 98ULP. And there were some diffs in gearbox ratios, pun not intended.

People always look at power figures , I look at torque curve , gearing and power to weight,  where the true "fun band" lies.

Hence you drive a V8

Edited by Fraz

Hence you drive a V8

I drive 5 old cars , none younger than 30 years , and they are all fun in their own way!

The LR doesn't accelerate , it just slowly gathers momentum , I won't say speed. But it will do 110kmhr with no overdrive , and pull whole trees out of the ground. It's old school , sort of the Chuck Norris of old 4wds.

The 911 is non turbo and you can feel it running out of puff over 5500rpm. But it's kinda fun.

The 928 accelerates like a jetplane , relentlessly ,  and doesn't run out of puff. I either run out of road or the guts to risk my license.

The torque is constantly there from idle up to 6000rpm. 100km/hr is where it starts to get going , what a shame we don't have autobahns.

Geez it would be fun with a supercharger or turbo tacked on. Though no more useable.

Anyone know what happened to the 1969 912 that was for sale ($38k)? 

The carsales listing had no details but it was from Mike Brennan Car Sales at Moorooka.  Apparently owners car. 912 registry says #343 was a modified 912 with VW engine, yellow, 5 speed, sold on ebay 2012.

Only listed yesterday but now withdrawn and the office number is now dead (or was when I last tried). 

Just curious.

USA (he's got crumbs in the keypad)

He's got an iPhone and sometimes uses it late at night.

Incidentally Bruce Anderson's book says your Jap 78 has same compression as USA/California at 8.5:1 - which is same as ROW (assuming 930/05 engine)

Mine has 9.3:1 (assuming 930/16) but ROW cars in 81 had 930/10 with 9.8:1 and an extra 24 horses and the same torque.

*In general* JDM cars have the same specs as US cars.  But cars coming from Japan could have come from anywhere before that, so you'd have to look up original country of sale and engine specs to know for sure.

After some research, they are as dear in Japan as they are here now anyhow. 

The age of the internet eliminates arbitrage pretty ruthlessly.

But cars coming from Japan could have come from anywhere before that, so you'd have to look up original country of sale and engine specs to know for sure.

That's true ; mine was confirmed as Jap delivered original LHD. One tell tale sign is the solid leatherette between the back seats (in non leather cars). American and euro cars have fabric material. Also the catalytic converter is specific to the Jap ones (early SCs). It's depicted in Streather's book. Furthermore , mine has a EXH dash light rather than an OXS one . I think this was to warn when the cat needed changing, some sort of heat sensor light? And finally , the engine # should be 618xxxx if it's the original 930/05 unit.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1548594768748520?view=permalink&id=1610355225905807

http://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FCXLXNXh9_2A&h=NAQFkCoPO&enc=AZM4VxX9B-_SXkdtW6oqXxAESVxUzKRkDgTaqaMxPbVBA2Es-3BHc80jPF7titr7-GU&s=1 

Not sure if anyone can see this, as its a closed group. 79 UK Targa, viper green (not original colour) Looks good $33k. Kinda know the owner on a VW forum, and have sold him some wheels recently. If you can't see it, let me know and I'll try to get some other details

Edited by LeeM

I have noticed the white 2.4 on carsales price has gone down again, the second price drop and still no takers. Also the blue ex 930 hotrod is still not sold and the FUGLY orange 3.0 is still there. The other blue SC as well. Interesting what sells fast and what sits around.

84 Aus Delivered Targa for sale on the 901 forum....

http://www.typ901.org/showthread.php?p=62402#post62402

84%20targa%20for%20sale_zps52govgvm.jpg

84%20targa%20for%20sale%202_zpscc4j7zgc.

84%20targa%20for%20sale%203_zpsligqhqio.

$60k - top money for a Targa with 300k and no records.   Looks nice though, looks like it has 7's and 8's on it.

Color combination is a little unusual - blue with champagne.

Edited by Coastr

the seller is looking for "Offers over $60,000".

ThInk that's good? ......

Check out thIs "reduced prIce" one .... hold on to your hats everyone! ....

http://www.drive.com.au/listings/buy-used-cars/perth/porsche/911-carrera/-/39905939

in case you couldn't find the reduction ... The original price was $129,000 :blink::wacko::unsure:

Edited by Dreamr