Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

ThInk that's good? ......

Check out thIs "reduced prIce" one .... hold on to your hats everyone! ....

http://www.drive.com.au/listings/buy-used-cars/perth/porsche/911-carrera/-/39905939

in case you couldn't find the reduction ... The original price was $129,000 :blink::wacko::unsure:

Looks like a case of dealers not knowing the difference between a cab and a coupe...

$60k - top money for a Targa with 300k and no records.   Looks nice though, looks like it has 7's and 8's on it.

Color combination is a little unusual - blue with champagne.

I kinda found this car for a mate who was looking for a good targa a while back.  He passed on it but let his BIL know - who bought it and is the seller.  I arranged for a Melbourne based Porsche restorer to check it out for him and he said that he would have bought it if seller had passed.

The colour combo is great in the flesh (although blue tartan inserts in those sport seats would be the killer touch).  84 also means full strength 231 hp too.  Cracking car IMO.

was going for 50k yesterday...

Confusing story. All original but has 98mm slugs and jugs. 90k on the motor but service done at 140k. no mention of chassis k's. It's For sale but kinda not really.

EOI anyone? 

Has been for sale at said price for well over 12 months now.

I have no idea why not sold.   Maybe Mike can give him a call?

It's the original wheel, just been recovered.  Just recover it again in black leather and all fixed.

Lose the fake Carrera 3.o badges, get those seats back to black and you'd have a nice car.

Not a fan of the wheels but they'd do the job.

I like it overall, and looks like a lot spent.

Price? You couldn't replace it for less, yet it seems high for a bitza.  Hard to value I think.

Sun damaged interior and exterior, sagging headliner and cracked dash, heavy smoker owner (yuk), hadn't run for a while so wouldn't idle, puddles of oil under it, etc etc. Body appears straight with a few scuffs but the photos flatter the paintwork, needs a repaint really. Lots of minor things which when added together make it a resto case IMHO, unless you want a rat rod.

Edited by Mike-S

that 83 SC does look a bit tired if you zoom into the pics...even the wheels and all the black trim look very faded...at least get some back to black on there and give the rims a light sand and spray with a can of satin black, Wheeler Dealer style!!

Sun damaged interior and exterior, sagging headliner and cracked dash, heavy smoker owner (yuk), hadn't run for a while so wouldn't idle, puddles of oil under it, etc etc. Body appears straight with a few scuffs but the photos flatter the paintwork, needs a repaint really. Lots of minor things which when added together make it a resto case IMHO, unless you want a rat rod.

Ah now that I look I see that you're right about the dash and general interior.  I can see the dirt on the seat and carpets.

cp5179459441667918819.jpg?height=700&asp

The price hasn't moved in over 12 months and presumably the owner has received many offers.  Seems one of those cars destined to not sell as buyers and seller cannot agree.

On the bright side, the smog pump is present and attached.

Wow I just did a carsales search for air cooled 911s.  10 all up, of which 3 or 4 are clearly not worth considering if you're after anything remotely authentic.

Are sales happening through private channels or have people just decided to hold on?

We are entering the vertical part of the bubble market, that's for sure.