Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

By replica what we talking , rollcage and stickers..

Replica - Hotrod  Same Same ?  Surely a real motor and box would be worth more than 50k and you can get the 996 body for free

As for the club plates  .. maybe the outlaw club

Edited by symsy
spilling mistake

By replica what we talking , rollcage and stickers..

Replica - Hotrod  Same Same ?  Surely a real motor and box would be worth more than 50k and you can get the 996 body for free

As for the club plates  .. maybe the outlaw club

I believe it started life as an auto 996 and now runs a GT3 motor and manual box. Note that you also cant register it so you may as well buy a second hand cup car for that money.................

That is very cool, and would be a heap of fun to drive. Although what is the finished product worth compared to what it would be restored to original...

don't rightly know... but I'd ask the owner 

same deal as the guy dropping a big Audi in one. here in OZ. What did he pay? Does he care? Is he going to love his Bastard child any less? Sunday morning questions,

well I found a car to start a discussion around, but not sure how long it will last at this price as it would appear to priced to sell.

rang the guy this morning who is selling it on behalf of his dad and has a collection of cars etc. 

Australian delivered 1976 911 (not carrera) original color apparently but hard to tell from the photos and id tag. The engine was upgraded from 2.7ltr to a 3ltr before they bought it and from memory was rebuilt prior to sitting in the shed for 7yrs cant remember this bit as i hadnt had my morning coffee. and the tail was added, I cant tell the model that is might be from. perhaps someone else with a little more knowledge might know or if in the area checking it out?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1976/OAG-AD-2706413/?Cr=2

Very nice looking and a steel given current price's. It must have gone fast as I did not even see the listing. I noticed the blue rsr thats for sale at a rather extreme price is still availible. I would like this car but I think I can build a rep for a lot less ? Currently hunting for a coupe donor, anyone got one they wish to part with ?

Greetings.

I noticed there was some commentary about my car being for sale. I advertised it  Thursday afternoon and was getting messages from overseas buyers early friday morning along with some Local interest. 

I advertised her as I don't have much appropriate space to store all my cars. 

A British Gent made an offer in GBP which was over the AUD asking price (When converted) so I accepted it. 

I was prepared to wait 3 months until the right buyer came along, however this was rather fast! Interest was more than I expected.

I removed the advertisment and have been in discussions regarding payment over the weekend, which has resulted in me pulling out of the sale. Without being specific, I preferred full payment and shipping details etc to follow, which wasn't 'possible' immediately. Having some concerns I have pulled out of the sale and will keep the car for the near future.

I made the mistake of driving her after 3 months of no activity and, you know the story.I have since made arrangements for 2 other cars to be stored elsewhere to promote the C3.0 to a decent Garage space at frankly little cost.

I apologise for not being present on this thread for along time as I have been busy with other items. However what a great thread! 372 pages of The trading Post commentary from "The Castle".

To answer the other Q's, the Tangerine 912 went to a buyer in Singapore (Expat). I miss that car, she was a sweetheart.

I still have the 356SC and the Carrera3.0 (obviously) I have also acquired some other non P Cars.

I appreciate all the local interest in the car but the breakdown with the UK buyer has given me a blessing in disguise in that I will keep the silver car longer. If I sold it I'd just buy another Porsche anyway. Doesn't make sense does it? ..............or Does it?

well I found a car to start a discussion around, but not sure how long it will last at this price as it would appear to priced to sell.

rang the guy this morning who is selling it on behalf of his dad and has a collection of cars etc. 

Australian delivered 1976 911 (not carrera) original color apparently but hard to tell from the photos and id tag. The engine was upgraded from 2.7ltr to a 3ltr before they bought it and from memory was rebuilt prior to sitting in the shed for 7yrs cant remember this bit as i hadnt had my morning coffee. and the tail was added, I cant tell the model that is might be from. perhaps someone else with a little more knowledge might know or if in the area checking it out?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1976/OAG-AD-2706413/?Cr=2

Couldn't help myself.

Narrow Body 911 or 911 S with an SC engine in it. Nice colour and looks to be ok. Even though non matching #'s the SC engine would be 'better' that the original choked mag case 2.7.

Nice car. 40k I'd expect.

Remember Kids.

"They Don't Make Them Anymore"

Watch speedweek on SBSOnDemand from sunday, retro masters. The 70's Porsches look great and won!!!(ok it was a Carrera 2.7 and thats stupid money but you know what I mean...)

Greetings.

I noticed there was some commentary about my car being for sale. I advertised it  Thursday afternoon and was getting messages from overseas buyers early friday morning along with some Local interest. 

I advertised her as I don't have much appropriate space to store all my cars. 

A British Gent made an offer in GBP which was over the AUD asking price (When converted) so I accepted it. 

I was prepared to wait 3 months until the right buyer came along, however this was rather fast! Interest was more than I expected.

I removed the advertisment and have been in discussions regarding payment over the weekend, which has resulted in me pulling out of the sale. Without being specific, I preferred full payment and shipping details etc to follow, which wasn't 'possible' immediately. Having some concerns I have pulled out of the sale and will keep the car for the near future.

I made the mistake of driving her after 3 months of no activity and, you know the story.I have since made arrangements for 2 other cars to be stored elsewhere to promote the C3.0 to a decent Garage space at frankly little cost.

I apologise for not being present on this thread for along time as I have been busy with other items. However what a great thread! 372 pages of The trading Post commentary from "The Castle".

To answer the other Q's, the Tangerine 912 went to a buyer in Singapore (Expat). I miss that car, she was a sweetheart.

I still have the 356SC and the Carrera3.0 (obviously) I have also acquired some other non P Cars.

I appreciate all the local interest in the car but the breakdown with the UK buyer has given me a blessing in disguise in that I will keep the silver car longer. If I sold it I'd just buy another Porsche anyway. Doesn't make sense does it? ..............or Does it?

Hey Steve!!  I have to say I really miss you on these forums :)   pleased to hear the deal going bad was in your favour!

Hope you are well and life is treating you ok. 

What's wrong with this car???????

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1985/SSE-AD-3366345/?Cr=24

I know it's a UK import and a cabrio, but red 1985 3.2 litre, seems very fair at $32k... But then again I'm no 911 expert...

errrrm. Look at it. Its just wrong. If it is a UK targa with widebody option provenance then, its ok. But to my eyes it looks like arse.