Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

ambiguous description. Its a C. Not an SC. Numbers suggest it has had a later type 616 motor with dual solexes. So, not a numbers car, however looks nice in re-sale red. Body is the biggest concern here.  Nobody willing or skilled enough to tackle.50k is your ticket to ride for a fecked 356 body. Not unless you want to learn , in your shed. And then get a professional in.

Price guide correct? Its an auction, a lottery. 100k car if body isn't muntered. Mechanicals are easier.Much easier. 

Edited by wasserkuhl

Hey Steve!!  I have to say I really miss you on these forums :)   pleased to hear the deal going bad was in your favour!

Hope you are well and life is treating you ok. 

thanks! Have you bought an older Porsche? Please say yes, please say yes.

^ He's back!  

Sadly Amanda is still battling power steering issues in her Mini and no change in status, AFAIK

Great to get the confirmation that UK buyers are sniffing around Aus sites.   Plenty of second hand evidence to that fact - the difference in prices they're getting over there makes it a slam dunk.  I think a lot of cars are disappearing out of the country at the moment based on comments and things I hear.

Funny how when I first starting looking at 911s, eBay was full of people in the UK hoping to offload their unwanted SCs to buyers in Australia.  The more things change...

Good to see you pop in Steve. Hope you stay around for a while mate.

Your depth of knowledge, especially on the old girls is exceptional.

With the way the Aussie $ has turned, it makes attractive shopping for overseas buyers. 

Thats lush ,  Inspiration , just so many people scare me with the scarecity of parts and skills to work on one , after a 7 year build of another english classic ….im a little wiser.. I need my projects to finish in two years or less

And maybe I should stop hijacking this thread  with my 356 notions :)

Anyone checked out the following 997S from the UK. It's got a sharp price on it. Would make a perfect daily drive. 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2005/SSE-AD-3357569/?Cr=0

That has been for sale for quite some time now. I briefly considered it before I bought my CS. A couple of months ago it was at $69,900. Not a bad deal, but I discounted it because it doesn't appear (or any of the UK imports for that matter) to have cruise control. It says it does on the description, but I can't see the stalk in the pics?

^ He's back!  

Sadly Amanda is still battling power steering issues in her Mini and no change in status, AFAIK

Great to get the confirmation that UK buyers are sniffing around Aus sites.   Plenty of second hand evidence to that fact - the difference in prices they're getting over there makes it a slam dunk.  I think a lot of cars are disappearing out of the country at the moment based on comments and things I hear.

Funny how when I first starting looking at 911s, eBay was full of people in the UK hoping to offload their unwanted SCs to buyers in Australia.  The more things change...

No power steering issues...  those dumbasses at the BMW dealer that fitted my clutch didn't tighten up all the PS lines properly, or put one of the outer ball joint bolts back in.. or fit all the bolts underneath the front bumper properly.. and I'm scared to know what else they didn't do.

Sadly Wasser... no, I'm in a 2005 MINI... lost my job last year, sold 987 and then was unemployed for 9 whole months. Working now... into week 3. So once probationary period is over,  plan is to get into a P car.  But I don't think it will be 'old' as I don't think I can afford one now. I would go a 964/993 Targa (964only) Cabriolet at the right price tho. I have 6 months minimum to think about it. Although I do drive to work now.. so not sure I'd want to do that to an old P car.. 20km return trip, in traffic.. not good for an old P car.

To keep on track  OMG how gorgeous is this!!

cp4791970145238236482.jpg?height=700&asp

Oh and this too - I could live with this forever I think...  

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1995/OAG-AD-946000/?Cr=0

Edited by amanda

only 3 months ago , i started looking at hotrods , between 50-70k , most only sold in the last month and would now be priced at 100k .

Most of the  sellers offered 10-15k off their cars , I just didnt make a decison 

Are we saying all the air cooled cars have taken a possible 25-35k upward turn including hotrods/outlaws…. hmmm

Not arguing just intrigued by peoples thoughts and yes its a hot looking car and those guys that did the built do quality work 

only 3 months ago , i started looking at hotrods , between 50-70k , most only sold in the last month and would now be priced at 100k .

Most of the  sellers offered 10-15k off their cars , I just didnt make a decison 

Are we saying all the air cooled cars have taken a possible 25-35k upward turn including hotrods/outlaws…. hmmm

Not arguing just intrigued by peoples thoughts and yes its a hot looking car and those guys that did the built do quality work 

The quality can differ greatly in these 'hot rod' build 911's. Some are just paint and panels and some are ground up builds, hard to put a price on them without details of the individual build.