Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Thank you PhilH,

Did receive an email about the SMT and PCSA from you for which I do thank you.

Unfortunately the car has a tradition and history of going out only in Spring. I will definitely have to catch-up with everyone and their cars around then for sure,for the moment its

in a time capsule.I Feel guilty to drive it, thinking of buying a SC just to run around in.  Please do keep me updated on the runs around spring:)

Wow, sounds like quite a burden to carry!   Why not get an unloved Targa for kicks?  At least you could participate in the endless Targa vs Coupe war and always come out in front.

and to think 3-4 months ago you could picked up one of these for $100,000 less at CTS. They were going for $150k last year private sale. Missed my chance at 993tt ownership :(

Yeah but you know they are too valuable to actually drive. Ferrari syndrome has kicked in with these cars now. Unless you are filthy dirty rich.

I just drove mine , sideways in the rain ….  Oh shit should I say that in public , now I  will have to discount at $330k ;) 

Really , They should be driven and are relatively indestructable , unless you go to fast with your latte in one hand and have to pile on some opposite lock , cos they aint got any cup holders..

Edited by symsy
spilling mistake

Look's like the key for getting top dollar is.

1. Crap photo

2. Minimal detail in the description

I'll be watching this with interest.

Edited by 99TS3

Hi Guys,

New to the Porsche experience and forum. Just picked up my 3.2 after looking around for a long.. long... time!

The wait was worth the car though 89 Carrera with 52000 kms absolute mint condition, trophy winning car and in comparison a great buy now.

Yes it's the same car that was auctioned at Shannons Sydney and the guys who bought it is PFA member and made mention of his new purchase.

This was it;

http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2015-shannons-sydney-autumn-classic-auction/porsche-911-carrera-32-coupe/#.VbA8F6Qw-P8

crikey. So i sold an immaculate 87 with 109k for a shitload less 3 months ago... And the weird thing is I was not inundated with people looking to buy. Listed on carsales - and mainly contacted by lowballers. Only one serious buyer - and he bought it. I do wonder how many of these cars actually sell near these asking prices. Is the market moving that fast that a car with nearly 3 times the mileage is worth 30k more than what I sold for 3 months ago. Dear me.

Look's like the key for getting top dollar is.

1. Crap photo

2. Minimal detail in the description

I'll be watching this with interest.

considering there are no 993TT to compare , what would be the true sale price of a car similar to this . Would it sell for $200- 250k . Have any sold over $200k or am I looking at yesterday s news as these things are moving so quickly. $150k was high for me now possible $200k is cheap

crikey. So i sold an immaculate 87 with 109k for a shitload less 3 months ago... And the weird thing is I was not inundated with people looking to buy. Listed on carsales - and mainly contacted by lowballers. Only one serious buyer - and he bought it. I do wonder how many of these cars actually sell near these asking prices. Is the market moving that fast that a car with nearly 3 times the mileage is worth 30k more than what I sold for 3 months ago. Dear me.

I rang you about yours. You don't probably remember. Green one if I remember correctly.

and i dare say you wouldnt have paid 95k for it? And no you were not one of the lowballers!

No I wasn't, at the time your phone was running hot (as they do) and it just didn't work out. On hindsight it worked out really well for me  at the end. Hope you got your asking price, I thought it was a fair price at the time. You should be happy though overall, you did well on it.

Just wondering how far these prices are set to rise!!

Edited by PatGF

Timing. Seems this Guy held his nerve longer. If that's what this sale is, turning a profit.

There were a lot of 3.2's made and there are plenty still around.

Don't believe the hype.

I don't mean to be agumentative, but the reason that prices are going sky high is because there aren't plenty around ..... add to that Australian delivered (like it or not, the most sought after ones) and you have maybe 400 Carrera 3.2's Aussie delivered in the 7 years they were produced ..... how many still survive? .....  ?????

They are hard to come by as is any G series aircooled .... hence the reason every decent one that is advertised could be sold 10 times over

No I wasn't, at the time your phone was running hot (as they do) and it just didn't work out. On hindsight it worked out really well for me  at the end. Hope you got your asking price, I thought it was a fair price at the time. You should be happy though overall, you did well on it.

Just wondering how far these prices are set to rise!!

i was absolutely happy. I'm also glad you got your car. 

arnage - my comments have nothing to do with holding nerve. Good luck to the seller. I am just curious as to whether our learned commentators feel that a 300km car is now worth 95k - cause bloody hell, that would make me happy! Time to sell the 84!

I don't mean to be agumentative, but the reason that prices are going sky high is because there aren't plenty around ..... add to that Australian delivered (like it or not, the most sought after ones) and you have maybe 400 Carrera 3.2's Aussie delivered in the 7 years they were produced ..... how many still survive? .....  ?????

They are hard to come by as is any G series aircooled .... hence the reason every decent one that is advertised could be sold 10 times over

does anyone have a definitve number of how many aussie 3.2s were actually delivered?

considering there are no 993TT to compare , what would be the true sale price of a car similar to this . Would it sell for $200- 250k . Have any sold over $200k or am I looking at yesterday s news as these things are moving so quickly. $150k was high for me now possible $200k is cheap

No idea. It's so hard to know what has actually sold and for how much. The only reliable data are the CTS sales. 

they are selling boys and making the money they are asking i am sure. CTS have sold 2 highish kms 993tt for $200,000 in the last 6 months and a low km one for nearer $250km earlier this year. All lasted less than a few weeks. Talking of CTS

http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/car4.html

http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/modernclassic3.html

oh - and what about that 993tts that sold for $550,000 in melbourne

reality - alot of these cars (except the 993tts) are still cheaper than when they were sold new so depending on when you purchased them they are either a bad or good investment. Probably means there is still some way to go aswell. See a good one - grab it ;)

they are selling boys and making the money they are asking i am sure. CTS have sold 2 highish kms 993tt for $200,000 in the last 6 months and a low km one for nearer $250km earlier this year. All lasted less than a few weeks. Talking of CTS

http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/car4.html

http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/modernclassic3.html

The CTS 993TT sold very quickly. 24hr for one. However we have not seen anyone test the market at $300k or even close to that. 

does anyone have a definitve number of how many aussie 3.2s were actually delivered?

Can't give you a difinitive answer, but if you work to approx 50 - 60 per year, that will give you an approximate .....

Nah...it means you can do more serious damage and it's still worth fixing.  So add another tenth to your driving!

Wow, sounds like quite a burden to carry!   Why not get an unloved Targa for kicks?  At least you could participate in the endless Targa vs Coupe war and always come out in front.

You're particularly witty today Coastr, what did you have for breakfast?

Spot on my thoughts precisely.