Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I do wonder what the price tipping point is before people don't care.  Seems to be if your 356 or longhood 911 is an import, matters not.  Turn up in an import 964 - blasphemy!

Agreed. People seem to be more forgiving for anything up to an SC when it comes to imports , conversions, numbers etc.

Agreed. People seem to be more forgiving for anything up to an SC when it comes to imports , conversions, numbers etc.

On this note, what do you think is a reasonable asking price for an 87 3.2 US import with RHD conversion with 140kms in good overall condition? Hypothetically... 

On this note, what do you think is a reasonable asking price for an 87 3.2 US import with RHD conversion with 140kms in good overall condition? Hypothetically... 

what's it worth as an original Aussie delivered car? Then apply import discount % and conversion discount %. What's the discount 20-30% ???

The slate grey 912? Depends how one looks at it. I'm no Hagerty valuation expert ( sorry, but theyre out of touch with the market most of the time) but its a restoreable car without too many headaches. Thats unless it has hidden rust issues that I didnt see.

The 912 needs work for sure, and if anyone expects a very nice car for what he is potentially relisting it at, $80k, then you will be disappointed.

I don't mean to be rude to the owner, but I've seen it up close, and to be honest, its a 50 foot car. Looked awesome from a distance. I only wanted to buy it because it was right hand drive, yet looking at it, then looking at my own car prior to painting, I decided it needed too much work for my liking, so I stuck with my resto. Its ok, but if thats what the car sells for, the bar just got considerably raised. As anyone has mentioned on this forum or in Porsche land, how many earlier 912's are in Oz? How many are for sale? Not many.

I've had this conversation with values vs 'worth' (as we all have) and I always give the same reply. Its worth what someone is prepared to pay. There are plenty of 912's overseas that are hitting $40k to $50k that need work, yet seeing the price of 911's of the same year, they make the 12's look 'cheap'. Valuations by so called experts are one thing, what it sells for is another. 

So did any one look or know why this hasnt sold .. or is it another hotrod that will sit on the market for 3 months 

I like it but I heard how you cant build one for the money , yet its not been snapped up 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3503781?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&WT.seg_4=SearchAlert;PCAA

So did any one look or know why this hasnt sold .. or is it another hotrod that will sit on the market for 3 months 

I like it but I heard how you cant build one for the money , yet its not been snapped up 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3503781?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&WT.seg_4=SearchAlert;PCAA

hasn't been listed very long has it? That said, if i was asking 115k for a car I would be supplying a lot more detail in the ad? Car looks fantastic though.

I think the market for 993 engined G series is pretty small with a lot of the free money going to investments in "safe as houses" original as possible cars.

I looked at the outside of it at Rennsport and was really impressed with the quality of the work I saw so I think the question is "How much do you want to spend on a modified car?"  Unfortunate I think but that's just how the market is.

Edited by Peter M

I think the market for 993 engined G series is pretty small with a lot of the free money going to investments in "safe as houses" original as possible cars.

I looked at the outside of it at Rennsport and was really impressed with the quality of the work I saw so I think the question is "How much do you want to spend on a modified car?"  Unfortunate I think but that just how the market is.

I'd have it in a heartbeat if I could.

Would have been a 55-65k car 3 months ago GUT , but what now , looking at how the 3.2's 993's move now its hard to put a price…my experince of the hotrods/outlaws I watch and have inspected they are around 3-6 months . For me , im trying whats the market value..  Liquidating these cars seems to be a bit more difficult that most would think.

As sexy as they are 

I also saw this car at Rennsport (blue car) & I thought it was sensational. I really like the hotrod/backdate thing.

The price level of these cars is difficult to call. On one hand you have the "can't build it for that" school of thought. Then you have the originality argument which says factory original cars should bring the highest prices. 

Put simply, I think its largely academic how much it costs to hotrod or backdate a car as that cost should have little to do with the cars actual value (read, over capitalise, personal taste). What I mean is, if you spend say $70k restoring a car back to original vs same $ on making a hotrod/backdate then original should command the higher value, even if you don't re-coupe the investment.

What we are seeing with the 2 examples currently available is they are priced way above anything we have seen for good or restored original cars. Well, I haven't seen any impact bumper cars north of $100k excluding 930's.

Just my thoughts & as I said I love the backdate/hotrod thing & the 2 cars available look brilliant, its just a matter of what a purchaser is prepared to pay.

Well, I haven't seen any impact bumper cars north of $100k excluding 930's.

In the last month I've seen several 930's, an SC, a 3.0 Carrera and a 3.2 Carrera north $100k ... 

Oh, and if you have any 1974/75 2.7mfi Carrera's you know of under $100k, lemme know ... via pm ;)