Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

The worst thing is, as I am nearing the point of moving mine on so I can buy a basket case and build a hot rod, I can't afford to even buy a basket case!  There's a rusty piece of garbage on ebay at the moment for $17k and climbing. '74 so pre galvanising.

Gone are the days of $10-$15k targas for parts! lol

If I do end up selling mine I doubt I'll ever own another.  By the same token, I don't reeeeally want to keep it because if I do I will modify it. I'd rather do that to something not worth so darn much.

I just can't bring myself to let it go. Strange feeling really. Usually I sell and then go hunting. Not this time! 

Funny. When you are presented with a great deal of cash you wonder "What would replace this car?" the answer is nothing. Best to keep it.

Edited by wasserkuhl

The next big thing is mid 90's Maserati's. :)

ahh... no. I've been there (twice) a few years ago, never again. There's a reason you can buy a 1995 Ghibli for $30-40k and the same vintage 993 is triple that...

This is mine resting in the white stuff... Congrats on the 222 4V though:D

Ghibli-Whoops.JPG

You are right!  I'm thinking if I had to buy something like a 996 Turbo I would have to pay something like $4,500 in stamp duty - so I figure I just spend it on the car if it needs work - simple.  otherwise I have to crystal ball the next best thing

Ha.  No good.  Totally different looking car

993 manual coupe for sale at $130k.

no colour listed.  Is there any such colour that is undesirable.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/OAG-AD-3039317/?Cr=3

Used to be the low price for a 993 Turbo. 

Price seems a little up there, but I think will move quickly.

The Black 993 at RSR is a very good clean car.

I drove it around the block.

There is one or more panel resprays though.

Nevertheless I was offered the car before the ad. At 130k I think the craze has outweighed the my desire for the car.

996 GT3 it is.

I know this car has been discussed before (can't find the post) yet if you were after something to make your own as a track hack or 'hot rod', it'd have to be a consideration wouldnt it?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1974/SSE-AD-3490853/?Cr=65

If I was to buy it, I would ditch the seats, steering wheel, and fit some cheap race seats, Momo wheel, dye paint the door trims, polish the wheels up a bit and do some other little things, and it would look great i reckon. Maybe a duck tail too

I've had a big offer on my 912 by a collector in Japan today, and its VERY tempting to sell it and get something like this ^ 

Can anyone see whether its a UK import or?? I know it looks like an exlposion in a paint factory, but it looks half decent if the owner isn't full of it

The Black 993 at RSR is a very good clean car.

I drove it around the block.

996 GT3 it is.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on how they compare...when driven in a spirited manner.

Lee, the '66 912 is a keeper.

Edited by D-banger

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on how they compare...when driven in a spirited manner.

My father drove both to help me decide too. But we both prefers the GT3 hands down. The hype for the 993 C2 Manuals are now just ridiculous. 

My father drove both to help me decide too. But we both prefers the GT3 hands down. The hype for the 993 C2 Manuals are now just ridiculous. 

At the start of this year ( it may have been earlier) there were a number of 6.1 GT3 under $100k, some at $90k. I think the hype is very similar to the 993 C2 manual in terms of price.

Edited by D-banger

At the start of this year ( it may have been earlier) there were a number of 6.1 GT3 under $100k, some at $90k. I think the hype is very similar to the 993 C2 manual in terms of price.

They are roughly the same value now too though and even the 996.2 GT3's!

The 993 C2 is very refined when compared to a 964 C2 and even that of a 996 GT3.

All in all, I still would prefer the race/sportier GT3 because of its far superior abilities in almost every regard. In saying that, I do have a daily drive car so the decision would be based on my toy/weekender. For my money, I would love to wake up on the weekend at the track or on the hills etc.

how do you just get an offer from a man in Japan? Are there some special websites you hang out on late at night?

"sorwee leee, I no likey yo face, bu I much likey tha 912 behine yo. Wy you kep it in yo bedrome? Yo no likey rust?

or somthing like that :)

sell it, buy the hot rod, lose the interior (and give back the baby)