Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

So what do we all think is happening out there? I haven't seen this many Aus delivered air cooleds on the market in a long time. Is Australia starting to run low on people with more dollars than cents? AH say they have 35 people on their waiting list yet their two SCs are starting to go stale. Is the madness starting to calm down? Are people starting to realise the value for money really isn't there at current prices? To me it was starting to look like the only people buying and selling were so called "enthusiasts" who were actually just in it to make a buck. Maybe they've all driven the prices up so high that any other speculative investors feel there's not much more growth left in the market and now prices are so high that the true enthusiasts have been priced out of the market. Who knows. Maybe everyone is having a week off and I'll look at Carsales this afternoon and they'll all be gone for 50% more than the asking price.

What people are actually getting selective.. sanity prevails .. PPI's may yet become the norm again … price tags are to be negotiated on rather than being the start price.. well I never , I wonder if we apply our greatest nit picking skills and  the run the current cars through PFA copy/grammar challenge and tracked how many of these cars actually are on the market that we would buy as they are not lemons, what would we be the result.

Come on someone must be watching

# 2  SC's

#2 3.2's

#3 993 coupes

#2 930's

#3 996 Turbo sub 120k?

# 7 GT3?

Yeah you can see what IM DREAMIN about and im a cheap date without focus ;)

There has been some white knuckle roller coaster riding going onin this market  and some happy punters out there , but I really smell a bull market with lots of marketing hype, its funny how some of these cars never seem to appear in enthusiast circles and I reckon the the big boy dealers  are trading some of em like Top Trump cards in the school yard.

Some people line up for roller coaster rides knowing they will terrify their children , some people know they are gonna throw up , but they still stand in line

Some of us like to scream on the way up .. some of us will scream on the way down , but Im gonna be holding onto my car….:)

I hear it's coming back to melbourne. 

Beamed all the way from Scottie the original owner to Melbourne yes I hear

If your not into debating a slowing market .. then perhaps note .. my first virginal comment on a 928… 928

Hows this for sale 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/birkdale/cars-vans-utes/1986-porsche-928s-s3-928s-dark-red-4-speed-automatic-coupe/1073869988

Apparently a nice black tip has just hit the market, but the owner is a real prick to deal with. 

Well thats a given.........man

Buyers I have spoken to have said the higher priced cars are not worth the asking price, and are looking at a cheaper alternative to keep their 'minister of finance' happy. They desperately want a Porsche, yet as most of the cars available need minor, or major, work, they either can't fix it themselves or don't want to spend even more cash. Forget the nice cars that are commanding a premium price, as theyre only for the very wealthy that usually just buy as an investment. Sad really

Love a good market wrap this should happen weekly...  

Along with PIE CHART .. one of those Squiggle graphs .. A PIE and COLD BEER

Im just off to dab some two stroke behind me ears if there are no cars to discuss ;)

Talking of squiggly lines and sales strategies , wasnt this 930 at 88K… I guess if you cant sell it its better to put the price up..

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-3261494&Cr=0

In the newstands right now. The SCRS article (an SC with non-turboed 935 engine that out accelerates the contemporary 930) might appeal to those who don't recognise other types of Porsche :) But for those looking to speculate , herewith

IMG_5626.jpg

Early 928s tipped to triple in value in next few years , later ones double. 944s are what they are - bargains.

So what do we all think is happening out there? I haven't seen this many Aus delivered air cooleds on the market in a long time. Is Australia starting to run low on people with more dollars than cents? AH say they have 35 people on their waiting list yet their two SCs are starting to go stale. Is the madness starting to calm down? Are people starting to realise the value for money really isn't there at current prices? To me it was starting to look like the only people buying and selling were so called "enthusiasts" who were actually just in it to make a buck. Maybe they've all driven the prices up so high that any other speculative investors feel there's not much more growth left in the market and now prices are so high that the true enthusiasts have been priced out of the market. Who knows. Maybe everyone is having a week off and I'll look at Carsales this afternoon and they'll all be gone for 50% more than the asking price.

But what happened to the sliver 170k carrera 3.2? It's gone? What to believe???? Has the madness reached a new level? Where does that leave the weekly market summary???? ????

There has been some white knuckle roller coaster riding going onin this market  and some happy punters out there , but I really smell a bull market with lots of marketing hype, its funny how some of these cars never seem to appear in enthusiast circles and I reckon the the big boy dealers  are trading some of em like Top Trump cards in the school yard

spot on!

But what happened to the sliver 170k carrera 3.2? It's gone? What to believe???? Has the madness reached a new level? Where does that leave the weekly market summary???? ????

Someones doing a real lot of drugs

Symsy,

That's been for sale for many months and I can't understand why it's still hanging around as I think it's well worth a close look.  I don't think the dealer did it any favours initially as he only put up 2 or 3 photos in the original adverts.  I hope someone local can have a look and report back.

Before anyone says the contrary, I love the colour combination.  (You can keep ya boring black interiors!)

I was planning to buy a 996/998 Ducati next week but a good 928 for only another 5 or 6k more is quite compelling from a rational, objective middle aged blokes shouldn't try to relive their motorcycling past prospective.

Symsy,

That's been for sale for many months and I can't understand why it's still hanging around as I think it's well worth a close look.  I don't think the dealer did it any favours initially as he only put up 2 or 3 photos in the original adverts.  I hope someone local can have a look and report back.

Before anyone says the contrary, I love the colour combination.  (You can keep ya boring black interiors!)

I was planning to buy a 996/998 Ducati next week but a good 928 for only another 5 or 6k more is quite compelling from a rational, objective middle aged blokes shouldn't try to relive their motorcycling past prospective.

Its a real long reach over the Ducati tank and a sweaty one too as the summer months come on … funny that bike market just like pcars on many levels ...

spot on!

The owner just may have removed it from sale. I stressed over the 88 red cab @$115K that came and went in 4 or so hours, however it is now back.

It is interesting watching the US market, I don't think they have gone crazy as our local market, just looking at the BaT auction results from the last 12 months, I've concluded that the yanks are paying:

Longhoods- $100,000 AUD

Midyears 2.7's $50,000 AUD

SC- $60,000 AUD

3.2 Carreras- $70,000 AUD

All broadly speaking, some mint SC's will go for 3.2 money.

I reckon we'll see the market ease.

It is interesting watching the US market, I don't think they have gone crazy as our local market, just looking at the BaT auction results from the last 12 months, I've concluded that the yanks are paying:

Longhoods- $100,000 AUD

Midyears 2.7's $50,000 AUD

SC- $60,000 AUD

3.2 Carreras- $70,000 AUD

All broadly speaking, some mint SC's will go for 3.2 money.

I reckon we'll see the market ease.

But the thing is, these are LHD cars.

Look at the values in the UK - It's a much different story. There is more than twice the amount of LHDs.

Look at the values in the UK - It's a much different story. There is more than twice the amount of LHDs.

Saw a UK '72  2.4S for 210,000 pounds , restored 8 years ago and it had 15 year old tyres :wub:

Often see UK ads for classics with 3 non-matching tyres. WTH?

a lot more than twice. Came to the rough figure of only 10 - 15% 930's being RHD, and this despite the US couldn't buy them for about 6 years. Very few countries that are RHD (and there really aren't that many anyway) were buying Porsches in numbers in the 60's, 70's helped even further by the Japanese Porsche market prefering LHD despite being a RHD country. 

Just a shame UK RHD cars only come in orange ;) 

Often see UK ads for classics with 3 non-matching tyres. WTH?

What The .......Huff???

884FCA66-90D4-4D3B-80EC-95A0ED372F87_zps

a lot more than twice. Came to the rough figure of only 10 - 15% 930's being RHD, and this despite the US couldn't buy them for about 6 years. Very few countries that are RHD (and there really aren't that many anyway) were buying Porsches in numbers in the 60's, 70's helped even further by the Japanese Porsche market prefering LHD despite being a RHD country. 

Yup I didn't want too sound overly opposing Safari's thoughts, but exactly that. RHD is always going to demand more money, converted or not.

Yes, however LHD markets have no interest in our RHD cars, plus less RHD cars are sold into a small global RHD market. It would be interesting to know if the ratio of cars sold into each respective market is the same?

Are we discussing FX rates or cars ? , bigger marke there , they rub salt in the wounds in England, have you seen many SC's and 3.2's go back to England , mainly only rareity is the interest , have a look around there are shitloads of normal cars  for sale in UK..and that includes in their norm GT3's  .  They buy them when they are cheap or when in short supply.. our cars aint cheap ..

Remember VAT and import costs , there goes 20% of your 50% markup due to exchange rates.. then add dealer taz 20% and you get nearer real price differentials on most cars..

Supercollectables and future classics (RS etc ) may be the exceptions

Just take a 5 minute pistonheads trawl and you will see how many cars there are