Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

The 3.2 that RSR had for 125k appears to have gone and i believe the 170k 3.2 also sold but unsure of price

Galah , is that fact or hearsay ,  nothing personal just interested in the reality of this market 

Gone where I wonder, swapped and moved home to Dutton or CTS..but bought…. I want to find the buyer and give them a deal on my TT for 400k

Conspiracy is here  , thank god we are not talking politics , religion , gay marriage or any thing else , just essential things like car prices and the maybe the fairies down the garden who snap up those AC cars

I think i just found a 930 under the toadstool , that the gnomes found in the barn

Yes and before you say it , Ive gone mad 

Worlds gone mad 

Im just open to bust open the racket , thers enough investors and inbestigators here to find out all we need to know….or do we not want to know ;)

Whos in , we must have a good programmer around who can get us a simple DataBase together where we could all type in last sold , model , colour , interior , by whom , reg and Vin.. hang on that sounds a little like RPDATA in the realestate world .

Hold that thought I got and Idea said Michael Caine

Cant say for sure but RSR seems to think the 170k car sold. As to the car they had it has vanished pretty quickly so only assuming sold. Rob from RSR is a nice guy so sure he would be able to validate. Funny market that seems to be bouncing everywhere!

Cant say for sure but RSR seems to think the 170k car sold. As to the car they had it has vanished pretty quickly so only assuming sold. Rob from RSR is a nice guy so sure he would be able to validate. Funny market that seems to be bouncing everywhere!

Of course Rob would like to think it sold for 170k. Nobody knows...

but for what Rob had the 3.2 up for, it wasn't too bad in todays market

I love how Dutton's talk up their cars - Look at in person, smell the interior and its a much different story (not sure about drive).
http://duttongarage.com/Porsche-911-964-Carrera-4~7908

In the classics/classic racing scene in the UK , no-one is put off by LHD. And they know that when the market appreciates , they can easily sell to Europe. What drives values is scarcity.

Correct... Last week i sold my LHD SC Sporto to a collector in Holland my SC is rare as they were only available as special order in 1980 but still not so desirable to most, I'm sure he knows what he is doing...

Has anyone been to see this http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2004/SSE-AD-2885836/?Cr=2

Its been around for ages, odd selection of pics, look like screen shots. Rego on car inconsistent. Thoughts? 

its a real and keeps getting cheaper .. cheap driving , some funky swaps with wheels but thats about it

Correct... Last week i sold my LHD SC Sporto to a collector in Holland my SC is rare as they were only available as special order in 1980 but still not so desirable to most, I'm sure he knows what he is doing...

I've had a fair bit of interest for my LHD 912 from the UK, Belgium, France and Germany. UK seems the big dollar market for left or right hand drive cars, as they look to be similar in price.

If a black 66 912 sells for anywhere near the £89k theyre asking, I'm sending mine there for £70k now!

I've had a fair bit of interest for my LHD 912 from the UK, Belgium, France and Germany. UK seems the big dollar market for left or right hand drive cars, as they look to be similar in price.

If a black 66 912 sells for anywhere near the £89k theyre asking, I'm sending mine there for £70k now!

what will they give for a working one? :)

what will they give for a working one? :)

Non-going "barn finds" are worth more these days to the avid classic enthusiast. People love to say "they" restored a car.

On a slightly different note,  many cars are over restored; imagine if you did that with antiques!

Non-going "barn finds" are worth more these days to the avid classic enthusiast. People love to say "they" restored a car.

On a slightly different note,  many cars are over restored; imagine if you did that with antiques!

I get the appeal. Was very close to a CTS firebomb purchase with similar aspirations, but couldn't justify the starting price. Kind of regret it now as I would love an early car.

Lee's was a lot prettier though ;) 

IS a lot prettier smartass! :-) 

Couple of guys in the UK are saying  a 'working one' (smartass) that's had the bodywork etc done like mine, especially as it is mainly original interior would easily get $80kAUD. Most over there are needing rust work (obviously) yet theyre still selling for £20k to £30k pretty easily. I haven't seen any proof of that yet, so talk is one thing, coughing up the readies is another

IS a lot prettier smartass! :-) 

Couple of guys in the UK are saying  a 'working one' (smartass) that's had the bodywork etc done like mine, especially as it is mainly original interior would easily get $80kAUD. Most over there are needing rust work (obviously) yet theyre still selling for £20k to £30k pretty easily. I haven't seen any proof of that yet, so talk is one thing, coughing up the readies is another

just getting you back for all the lamp post gags mate :) 

So you seriously looking at selling?

been for sale for ages.  Price has dropped as well.  I would have thought it would have moved by now.  LHD scares the punters here.

Yes, however LHD markets have no interest in our RHD cars, plus less RHD cars are sold into a small global RHD market. It would be interesting to know if the ratio of cars sold into each respective market is the same?

this is really the key.  It's buyers vs cars that matters.  There is a bigger market - probably with deeper pockets - outside aus than in.  But more cars available in many cases, though in Europe lots have been trashed with rust or forced off the road from yearly testing.  RHD special cars are rarer and if you have to have one, price is going to be higher.  

Who really knows what is going on!

just getting you back for all the lamp post gags mate :) 

So you seriously looking at selling?

All good. Think I know you by now  ;) (I do expect a swift retort)

In all honesty, I have thought about selling during our personal mini recession we werent keen to have (far too many times), yet theres not much I can replace it with. And I've come too far to give up before it's on the road, so it won't be anytime soon

I have quite a few people very keen to buy it, even as it is now for bloody good money, but I'll be seeing it through until I've enjoyed it for a while and see what happens

was sold, buyer fell through, back on market

Seems to be a lot of that happening

All good. Think I know you by now  ;) (I do expect a swift retort)

In all honesty, I have thought about selling during our personal mini recession we werent keen to have (far too many times), yet theres not much I can replace it with. And I've come too far to give up before it's on the road, so it won't be anytime soon

I hope you keep it mate, get it on the road and we get to catch up sometime 

I think buyers are just jittery as they don't want to buy at the top and they are still old potential money pits when you really boil it down.  So probably a few guys entering the market with trepidation pushed by fear of missing out rather than when it really is the right time for them to get in.

it took a lot for me to pull the trigger and that was before the latest big runup in prices. So I know what people are going through.   It's crap behaviour though - sort out the money and the blessing from the finance minister and when you commit, commit.

Good car, very through build by Zag who are one of the best in the business. Owner is a nice guy who fell in love with the museum car. Just one hitch...

Google 1973 targa florio RSR and try to find any period images that look remotely like the museum car, in fact try to find the museum car . Porsche put the car on display in the museum in 1974 as the targa florio winner. After being displayed for 40 years and demos all over the world they quietly withdrew it from display and Porsche Heritage restored it in the correct livery of the targa florio third place getter, itself a cool and historically significant car.

apparently we have a bit of 'form' in the misrepresentation area that well backdate so cheating emissions !

that said, the CTS RSR is still a well built and mega cool car! 

Good car, very through build by Zag who are one of the best in the business. Owner is a nice guy who fell in love with the museum car. Just one hitch...

Google 1973 targa florio RSR and try to find any period images that look remotely like the museum car, in fact try to find the museum car . Porsche put the car on display in the museum in 1974 as the targa florio winner. After being displayed for 40 years and demos all over the world they quietly withdrew it from display and Porsche Heritage restored it in the correct livery of the targa florio third place getter, itself a cool and historically significant car.

apparently we have a bit of 'form' in the misrepresentation area that well backdate so cheating emissions !

that said, the CTS RSR is still a well built and mega cool car! 

the museum one?

C1A4CBE1-F798-46A0-8BBB-44C00A762A74_zps