Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

993, sheesh. Did you not notice the exhaust and that its orange? B)

Yes, still looks wicked though. Not 85k wicked for a 2.7 IB though.

thought it seemed reasonable, don't mind me............... :rolleyes:

No thats fine, please forgive my Rain Man-esque stats.

This, looks far more value to me.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1988-Porsche-944-Turbo-/321225676839?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item4aca8ad827

Working A/C, 250Bhp, Superb Handling, astonishingly practical.

I'd buy a 951 like this any day of the week.

Wass,

I did as I got cold feet with the potential running/repair costs of a 993.  

Doesn't stop me wanting one though! 

OK well that is probably a good strategy! Although, I'd not expect the costs to be much higher than a C 3.2. Providing the cars are in the same mechanical condition to start with. 993 does pose some extra items that could be costly.

I guess I would go for a 993(and will if I can get my early 911/912 fetish sorted out)

There's one identical to this (genuine or not, not sure) lurking in a garage in Mornington.  Owner backed it out coughing and spluttering recently and took off up the street.  Looked pretty neat i hadn;t seen a CS in the flesh before.

There's one identical to this (genuine or not, not sure) lurking in a garage in Mornington.  Owner backed it out coughing and spluttering recently and took off up the street.  Looked pretty neat i hadn;t seen a CS in the flesh before.

I know of at least 1 genuine CS down here in Vic. I often see it driving down the Nepean, it may well be the same one? They are a sweet 911.

I am pretty sure they weren't sold new in Oz, so the only way a genuine one could be brought in and registered is by Private import from the UK(RHD).

I spotted one at the Adelaide Targa a couple of years back, it was a G50 car as well. I asked the driver if it was a real CS and he replied 'I dunno, does it make a difference?'

Probably not. Except for the extra 50k its worth!

I am pretty sure they weren't sold new in Oz, so the only way a genuine one could be brought in and registered is by Private import from the UK(RHD).

I spotted one at the Adelaide Targa a couple of years back, it was a G50 car as well. I asked the driver if it was a real CS and he replied 'I dunno, does it make a difference?'

Probably not. Except for the extra 50k its worth!

This is true. The one I know here is a UK import.

I noticed this 996.2 GT3 pop up over the last couple of days -> http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=AGC-AD-14650486&Cr=0

it looks very nice in that colour, priced well for a .2 but does have some mileage under its belt! 

That's a damn good looking car. Do want!

Russ I'd sell you my car for about 6k more than that SC..