Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Looks pretty dodgy to me, but with potential. To start with, I can see almost zero evidence that it was once a 1970 911S. Not a single bit of chrome, nothing in the interior. It looks like somebody has transplanted every bit of a 3.2 into this car. I wonder if the chassis number has simply been "borrowed" to legitimise a car.

What we can surmise so far. It looks like it was an LHD car, based on the '86 onward dash. Engine and gearbox transplant. Forward dated and made wide body plus had a sunroof added. To me, it doesn't look quite right.

On the other hand, it claims that the engine (and maybe gearbox) were rebuilt in the last 3000kms. 

This could make the base for a great project but what is it really worth? I would suggest it's hard to know without a proper PPI. If the engine and gearbox are really good and there is no rust, I suspect you still have to consider a suspension and brake refresh. I would also want to be a bit more convinced by the true story behind the car. Even if everything checks out, i am not sure this isn't top money, or am I just tight!

You would have to ask Johnny's Uncle's brother in-law ;) 

Outlaw Backdate Zagdate …

I start to think think Johny Depp when not acting in Pirates of the Carribean ..sometimes confused about his sexuality , what dogs he is  or isnt  alllowed to bring in the country and if he should forward or backdate his look ..  

Mostly confused cars ..Im not sure HOTROD always goes with the groove with those cars… ROD as in many a dick tries to create one might be a better alignment.

HOTROD an oxymoron  , 3.0SC is still a 3.0SC .. 2.7 isnt quite gonna go like a 3.8  and not all Porsche running gear is equal but if you whack on some fat guards and a longhood all will be forgiven.. oh an lets not forget some retro seats.

Its your everyday mans conversion coverup  a cumber band over the rust or bad bodywork , if you cant fix it ,go fat

Give me the GT3 brakes , 3.6 , 3.8 some juicy PMOS or drop in a supercup watercool engine and now your talking HOTROD

poetry911's car I believe, I drove this one briefly before going off on the hunt for mine.

It's an honest car and I'm sure Robert would be upfront about it. If it's had the rust he mentioned to me fixed then it's worth every penny of his asking price.

If a converted Targa sells for that much I'm putting mine up for sale. ?

Then what do you buy ?  An outlaw what ?  You cant go back to original unless a forward step to more power.. you will be bored ..hence why they get outlawed in the beggining and we mod them

Oh thats going to set the Oz delivered v UK debate into overdrive!

Unless someone put in a bad pedal alignment or a crappy rack… whos to say if a car thats true DNA is lefty thats then re-engineered factory or otherwise to be RHD that is any worse or better…

I mean just to use this techibal metaphor ,  we all eat pizza right .. and love it .. and most people who make pizza aint italian and most piza overn and ingredients aint itaalian but we still love it…   Especially with Aussie Beer , A German Beer or Italian Beer !!!

I guess the thing is if  you have be ripped by the GOVT taxation/import we all want to keep that  retained value and the only way to do that is through the label AUS delivered and thats  the only thing that can bive you any satisfaction ..?????  The rest just comes down to plain old ownership , condition , maintenance.

Thing is mostly they all drive the same unless they are just plain done wrong..  and the local thai takeawy in my area makes crap pizza.

Lee  like that word "overdrive" such an underated thing .. brings back the days of the MGB-GT -- yeah when do you hear of overdrive..whats wrong with these porsche people

I think at that price this is a great buy. And best of all, it doesn't have a hole in the right front wing! If that car was Oz delivered, it would have to be something like $110k. Somebody is going to get that 32. Carrera experience for not a lot of money!

I think at that price this is a great buy. And best of all, it doesn't have a hole in the right front wing! If that car was Oz delivered, it would have to be something like $110k. Somebody is going to get that 32. Carrera experience for not a lot of money!

I'm keen on this

Then what do you buy ?  An outlaw what ?  You cant go back to original unless a forward step to more power.. you will be bored ..hence why they get outlawed in the beggining and we mod them

Nah, just a coupe. Much as I'm happy with my targa, I'd prefer a coupe of some description, but I'm not prepared to put much (if anything) on top of anything I'd get for mine.

I'd even look to the US and import one ?

Edited by Mike-S

Not sure about the white sets with blue piping ?