Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

912E had a fuel injected VW type4 engines. This one has a VW carbies engine. So it could be a 911 and someone did a cheap conversion or a 912E with a carbies conversion. Need the vin# to tell

Either way, over priced at $25k

Edited by rafikdous

I was driving past that 'Black Rock Motors' joint yesterday and saw they had a mustard early 'S', 996 GT2 and a few others lurking - anyone know of these cars? @TrevMcRev I know this is your local, have you stopped in to have a look? 

Odd to see cars like that sitting in a car yard.  Can't find any details - googled black rock motors and I can see the cars in the photo but go the their website or Carsales, no sign.  Odd way to try to sell cars.  And  no it's not my GT2....

912E had a fuel injected VW type4 engines. This one has a VW carbies engine. So it could be a 911 and someone did a cheap conversion or a 912E with a carbies conversion. Need the vin# to tell

otherway, over priced at $25k

Even if it is a 912E with carbs, isn't it over priced? I believe that the car was only available in lhd, so it seems that it has been converted. Even if we assume everything checks out, that it's a kosher 912E RHD car that has carbs, it looks like it needs a fair amount of money spent on it and what would it be worth?

Odd results come up with the license plates in the photos. Red car in the background should be a gold Daewoo, Porsches plates say no record found. Odd considering the plate would have been a re-registration from around 2004

Where did you get the rego of the red car from, because I can't see it. The only other rego I can see is on a car that is big enough to be a Daewoo, that you can see through the front screen (the red Ferrari is behind the car, so it isn't that). Or am I missing something?

For my money the 993 is everything I could want in a 911.  They are just the business.  (If they were half the price they could be my business).

Check the kilometres on this!

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/OAG-AD-13458111

For my money the 993 is everything I could want in a 911.  They are just the business.  (If they were half the price they could be my business).

high $60's will get you an auto cab...

Check the kilometres on this!

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/OAG-AD-13458111

high $60's will get you an auto cab...

I'd live with the tiptronic, but i'd need a coupe. (though id have a cab if it were competitively priced).  High 60's though is out of my league until some mortgages get paid off.

Proves that a 996 can do high km :)

For the money you could have some cheap 911 fun, just throw on a new steering wheel and away you go......

I've seen the same car with 150,000ks for under $30k, why would you save a couple of thousand for one that's done 400,000ks???? I'd buy it at $15k

I've seen the same car with 150,000ks for under $30k, why would you save a couple of thousand for one that's done 400,000ks???? I'd buy it at $15k

agree, but hey at least they priced it as the cheapest 996. 

i'm guessing that at 400,000k it has had at least one engine replacement/rebuild along the way.

That changed hands about a year ago with the new owner posting on PFA at the time. I recall it was owned by a furniture maker previously I think there is even a photo of it in this thread with timber sticking out the sunroof!

Whilst I hope he gets his price I'm not holding my breath