Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

it's only $25k... 1/3 the average person's salary.. before tax...

So in the worst instance, you could always recover in about 6 months and have a garage full of bits.. Time heals all wounds!

Thats an interesting way to look at it.... but no thanks ^^

This looks like fun http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1987/SSE-AD-4266906/?Cr=0

Still going strong> what a thread!

you're still welcome to participate, mr thread author !

it's only $25k... 1/3 the average person's salary.. before tax...

So in the worst instance, you could always recover in about 6 months and have a garage full of bits.. Time heals all wounds!

A straight Porsche 911 shell in any condition with a vin is 15k min.  Throw in wheels, engine, box and interior and 25 is no issue at all.

Lots of people want to build project cars and hot rods - basket case donors get bid up as a result.  Where else are you going to find the bones to build an outlaw?

No, the car I believe you are referring to was purchased by @DJM

This one?  This was taken the day I collected it.  Seems nuts 3 years on to think I only paid $51k....very neat C2 manual.  Jo'berg delivered, brought to Perth by SA enthusiast who fitted a few RS bits.  I Sold it 4 months later when some crazy man offered me $63k........wow what a deal.  He had it painted and on sold for $80k odd a few months later then it popped up in Sydney for $125k.  Who's a clever dick......?  Mind you that hasty sale allowed me to jump  into a perfect 996GT2 at the bottom of the cycle. 

Was a nice 964 but I'd previously had a lot of fast, lively cars and this just felt a bit underwhelming.  Great cruiser but Reefton spur SMT left me wanting more grunt.  Yeah I know, who needs it and all that but I like big power and scary traction problems..

IMG_0202.jpg

Edited by DJM