Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2007/OAG-AD-14032950/?Cr=5

Doing a ppi and just learnt doing a compression and leakdown test is an 8 hour event! 

Learn something everyday! 

Geez What labour rate are you paying - You'd expect the most comprehensive report for that 

Good luck with it

Apparently in a 997 tt to access all cylinders there's a lot of stuff to take down. 

Anyone have any experience about this? 

Mechanic is a reliable one in Melbourne and backed up by reputable mechanic in brissy.

Car has 50 k and really should not have issues with engine leaks etc.

Any expert advice?

50,000km?

Full service history?

Runs and idles fine?

No significant over revs?

It looks like it has been cared for and there evidence it has been?

I wouldn't bother with a compression or leak down test.

yes

Yes fsh

Will drive it tomorrow

Is an tiptronic. Do over revs matter? Thought you cannot over rev a tip.

Well cared for

Apparently in a 997 tt to access all cylinders there's a lot of stuff to take down. 

Anyone have any experience about this? 

Mechanic is a reliable one in Melbourne and backed up by reputable mechanic in brissy.

Car has 50 k and really should not have issues with engine leaks etc.

Any expert advice?

just get a PPI. 50k is nothing on these cars. As a tip I assume a gen 1. 

Sorry assumed it was a manual you were looking at.

With regard PPI's, I have found that if you ask the seller if anyone has arranged a PPI previously, they will tell you who has performed it and if you ring the mechanic, they are often happy to tell you what they found, especially if the person who paid for the PPI is a bit of a dickhead and they didn't take their advice it's a good car and they should buy it!

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Actually a thread on PPI's would be useful for newbies as the ones I've seen are so variable in quality that they often need interpretation to actually establish if there is a problem or not and if there is a problem, what's that actually mean in reality and potential $.

Edited by Peter M

Sorry assumed it was a manual you were looking at.

With regard PPI's, I have found that if you ask the seller if anyone has arranged a PPI previously, they will tell you who has performed it and if you ring the mechanic, they are often happy to tell you what they found, especially if the person who paid for the PPI is a bit of a dickhead and they didn't take their advice it's a good car and they should buy it!

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Actually a thread on PPI's would be useful for newbies as the ones I've seen are so variable in quality that they often need interpretation to actually establish if there is a problem or not and if there is a problem, what's that actually mean in reality and potential $.

excellent idea

This is my second ppi this year! 

Lots of advice from this forum on the first one and i think i missed a bullet.

Hope this one is better.

Edited by Nu2Pcars

Apologies if this has already popped up:
https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4520882

Back end doesn't look quite right, ignoring the Carrera 3.0 badge? Jap market spec? Tidy otherwise. Funny that, no matter what, all Jap imports always seem to have ~75k km on the clock! :lol: (That's not a shot at anything, just an observation after looking at countless JDM cars over the years!)

Edited by Mystyler

Back end doesn't look quite right, ignoring the Carrera 3.0 badge? Jap market spec? Tidy otherwise. Funny that, no matter what, all Jap imports always seem to have ~75k km on the clock! :lol: (That's not a shot at anything, just an observation after looking at countless JDM cars over the years!)

Contact @James P

My car... i have the export certificate that proves kms back to 2010 (kms are correct on this one)

Pretty standard prcatice to clock the cars outta Japan.. cant say this about that one specifcally but pretty standard practice.. almost all of the JAP cars have a box ticked on the auction sheet to say this.. just goes with the turf.. and yor right they seem to love this 75,000 number.

I use this link for my other rice cars .. http://www.japaneseodometercheck.com  probably doess cover some P cars .. I genrally havent bought there , but that said , ifyour connected and can get to owners there are some mighty fine collectable cars there 

Or smart business move knowing that owners of these cars wont just take them anywhere to be worked on ....  :ph34r: 

Either dumb design (most likely caused by packaging issue due to engine location) or hideous ethics...... which would you want?

Ha look at these clowns 140 for an average hi km 3.2 cab  doesnt everyone know the bubble is over?? 

showroom condition... Can already see us bumpers and wheels 

And The rear left wheel arch looks s buckled or somehow wrong too?

https://carsales.mobi/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1989/OAG-AD-14541614

weltmeister of course. Should've known better. What is it with dealers!!!!

@10klm P/A, Plugs only need to come out every 4 years so no biggie really 

It is if you want to do your own maintenance or to check plug condition, especially if you are chasing an issue! Just sounds dumb to me! I know modern plugs are long life but they still need to be changed, and how much to change them at a dealer if the turbos need to come off!! Fleecing the buyer...... :(

Pretty standard prcatice to clock the cars outta Japan.. cant say this about that one specifcally but pretty standard practice.. almost all of the JAP cars have a box ticked on the auction sheet to say this.. just goes with the turf.. and yor right they seem to love this 75,000 number.

I use this link for my other rice cars .. http://www.japaneseodometercheck.com  probably doess cover some P cars .. I genrally havent bought there , but that said , ifyour connected and can get to owners there are some mighty fine collectable cars there 

Posted 11 hours ago (edited) · Report post

Funny that, no matter what, all Jap imports always seem to have ~75k km on the clock! :lol: (That's not a shot at anything, just an observation after looking at countless JDM cars over the years!)
Edited 11 hours ago by Mystyler

---------------------------------------------

What a great system for verifying cars klms imported from Japan. Never knew that website and system existed. Stepson brought a Japanese import and no way had it only done the stated 72000klms, condition was more like 272000klms - someone had the power drill out in reverse! Or had changed the speedo, so easy to do to earn an extra 5 or 10 grand at sale time

@10klm P/A, Plugs only need to come out every 4 years so no biggie really 

Just do it wth your major services .. every 40,000 . no big dramas at all , my last service , plugs $200 and probably $300 in addition to over service work on the 993 , to add in the plugs.. in reality on an 80kms car they never needed changing