Advice needs on child seat tether points

jeffa32

Hi All

I am currently living in the Uk for a couple of years on a work contract and am looking to take advantage of the UK prices for 997's gen 2 and export the car back to Australia when i return.

The UK and Australian design rules are different, with the Aus rules requiring a top tether point for child seats.

These tether points are not obvious in the UK 997 Gen 2. They maybe under the fabric on the parcel shelf in the coupe but I cant see where they could be on the convertible.

It would be great appreciate if any owners on a 997 Gen2 coupe and convertible to post a picture showing the tether points so I could understand if these could retrofitted.

If any members have any further advise on this subject, it would be welcome

Thanks

Jeff

Thanks Orion.

If anyone has photos of a possible solution to the cabriolet, that would be great.

I did notice a couple of plastic plugs next to the roll over bar on the cabriolet  - the black circle on the left of the photo below shows what I am talking about. Ignore the green arrow.

pic10.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

Yes, you would need to contact a place that does custom tether points, they would assess the car and find an appropriate anchor point. Since it is custom, it is costly. A company in Victoria called "Safe in Motion" quoted me $1000 just to take the carpet and seats out to have a look. I'm sure it would be cheaper on any 911.