My 964 "RS"

DJM

In Perth, picked the car up and haven't stopped grinning. Poor guy who sold it almost shed a tear. He had the fanatics garage with red painted floor, full wall glass cabinet full of porsche models, framed porsche posters etc plus a cayenne turbo alongside. hes moving back to South Africa so it had to go.

The car is as good as I had hoped (well at least I think so, next melbourne SMT and associated expert opinion will confirm if I'm right I guess!)

Sounds great, drives so well it could be a daily driver, and he handed over all original manuals, stamped books and a folder of receipts back to day 1 plus all the original bits if I ever want to pull off the rs bits.

Photos to follow. Happy days.

Thanks wasserkuhl for posting the link to the ad for this car a couple of weeks back and thanks to other forum members for supportive comments and advice on all manner of things from what to look for to interstate transport etc. without the forum I wouldn't have had the confidence to go through with it.

I think the p car bug has bitten!!

Really glad it worked out for you and that you are happy with the car, it's a big punt buying sight unseen!! You are putting it on a transporter back to VIC right? 

On the other side of this story... I'd hope I am never that seller you speak of, poor guy! 

Thanks for all the comments.  The car has one muffler removed and a carbon fibre (lookalike?) intake trumpet so it makes nice induction howl and rumbly exhaust but not too noisy.  Love it!  It's now on a train from Perth and should arrive late next week.

OK now for some images - firstly my lonely empty corner of the garage and the previous Owner's fanatics' setup!

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

Looks like you have a nice black canvas to start with. If it was me I'd start if off with a nice chair to sit in and a spot to rest your cool drink while you look at your car. You'll spend a bit of time doing that. You start off thinking you'll only sit and look at it for a few weeks. Then a year later you will still be doing it.. :)

Factory electric leather sports seats, RS wheels, RS steering wheel, carbon fibre strut brace, 996 GT3 discs and calipers, fog light delete/RS brake ducts.

60693c5_20.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

6908n6j_20.jpg

2321f1i_20.jpg

70477n_20.jpg

68239f9_20.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

2353iak_20.jpg

Wahoo DJM! Congrat's!

I'll have to drag DEX the reluctant (not!) 964RS out for a compare...   :o  ;)  :D

Well done, can't wait for December and some free air..... :(  -_-

Kerry

So that's a genuine 964RS Kerry? Would love to see that in the flesh.

For interest, recent previous "fun cars" i owned.  As you can see, it's been quite a varied journey prior to Porsche ownership but i suspect it's just the beginning.  I might do the odd track day in the 964 but keen to keep it neat and probably use more for weekend runs etc.

Datsun 1600, originally 270hp L18 turbo (aka the hand grenade) then 220hp 13B bridgeport rotary. 

IMG_0658.jpg

Westifeld clubman with Honda S2000 F20C VTEC engine and 6 speed.  Very fast (0-100 in 4.0) but could be very scary.

DSC004411.jpg

Looks like you have a nice black canvas to start with. If it was me I'd start if off with a nice chair to sit in and a spot to rest your cool drink while you look at your car. You'll spend a bit of time doing that. You start off thinking you'll only sit and look at it for a few weeks. Then a year later you will still be doing it.. :)

haha, i must admit when i parked in freo for lunch yesterday, i walked around the corner then ducked back for another look.....a couple of times.  Since then, i've been looking at photos regularly.  I love the stance with the Cup wheels and spacers to fill out the guards just so.  No doubt i'll be spending some time in my garage going forward!

Ha! We have spoken before DJM. I was building my 510 with a injected 12a PP back when you had your Blue 510 with the bridgeport. I remember talking to you on OzDat or Datnet I think was.

Too funny.  i thought i'd be the black sheep of the Porsche community but just goes to show they come from all walks of life! 

I wonder what we share in our psyche that makes us build rotary powered Dattos and then move onto Porsches.  I'm sure a Psychologist somewhere could write a thesis on us!

Archived