Porsche Macan, any interest here?

edgy

I like it, and would definately buy the mrs one as a daily duty family truckster....if I had the spare dosh.

My figuring is if why have only one Porsche!

Trouble is just quietly... I wouldn't spend more on hers than mine!

If I did have the spare dosh I'd rather upgrade the 911 and get her a cheaper used Cayenne :ph34r:

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diesel S looks basically same spec as Q5 3.0 TDI. 

I called into the Audi dealer yesterday to size up Q3/5 .. Q5 3.0 TDI seems to be my pick, priced it out, its doable.. so hopefully Macan Diesel S is similar price like the Q7/Cayenne Diesel is. 

I thought Q3 RS might be another option

2014_audi_rs_q3_overseas_03-0220.jpg

but at the quoted $140k... yeah no thanks.

I'm trying not to get too excited until they list pricing....................... :rolleyes:

Likewise!! 

We are casually doing some cross shopping in our spare time against other SUV's, I wonder when PCA will have its pricing? surely after the unveil they would? Hopefully demonstrator cars available in early 2014.

Likewise!! 

We are casually doing some cross shopping in our spare time against other SUV's, I wonder when PCA will have its pricing? surely after the unveil they would? Hopefully demonstrator cars available in early 2014.

Honestly, I could not justify the dollars for a BMW, Merc etc. Although all nice & great cars I just don't like them enough to hand over the money. This on the other hand starts to play with my emotional 'wants' - I need to try and keep my sensible trousers on and resist the temptation......................... ^_^

Speaking of sensible trousers, I visited Toyota yesterday, priced up an FJ cruiser... they are pretty good value for the money to be honest!

But a totally different beast that is for sure! 

IMO BMW X5 Diesel IS the best SUV out there.. hands down! I'll be looking at an X3 though this time... 

Speaking of sensible trousers, I visited Toyota yesterday, priced up an FJ cruiser... they are pretty good value for the money to be honest!

But a totally different beast that is for sure! 

IMO BMW X5 Diesel IS the best SUV out there.. hands down! I'll be looking at an X3 though this time... 

The FJ's have grown on me, especially in the old colours.....................

OK I'll say it. Whilst I'm sure the car is capable of tackling the Canning Stock Route and much more without the slightest hint of sweaty pits, , the front end of a Macan is an ugly mess. If it was a woman , you wouldn't kiss it any more than you would a baboon's behind.

Well , I wouldn't. 

http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/2015-porsche-macan-photos-and-info-news 

USA pricing too! 

Porsche is entering the fast-growing small SUV market with the Macan. The Macan — the name comes from the Indonesian word for "tiger" — is six inches shorter than its sibling, the Cayenne SUV, but features the same muscular look. It also uses some tricks to look more substantial, like a broad, wraparound hood that encompasses the headlights. Porsche designed two versions: The Macan S, with a new, 3.0-liter V6 engine that gets 340 horsepower and the Macan Turbo, with a new 3.6-liter V6 that gets 400 horsepower. Both are all-wheel drive and have Porsche's seven-speed PDK double-clutch transmission. Standard features include an off-road mode, which optimizes the vehicle for off-roading at the touch of a button. Off-roaders may also choose the Macan's optional air suspension chassis, which can set the vehicle's ground clearance at three different levels. Porsche says the Macan is the only vehicle in the small SUV segment with this feature. The Macan goes on sale this spring at a starting price of $50,895 for the Macan S and $73,295 for the Macan Turbo. It's hitting the market at the right time. Sales of small luxury SUVs are up 25 percent so far this year, making them the fastest-growing segment in the luxury market.

Looks great in the blue IMO. This discussion reminds of a saying I once read about  along the lines of that there are no ugly Porsches but the one you own is always the prettiest, and if I owned one of these I could live with everyone telling me it was ugly very easily ;)

Form follows function eh? The thing is , most modern SUVs have so many thingies attached there is a necessity to equip them with great big bloody catfish mouths.

I am unashamedly a poverty spec buyer- I just want 4 wheels , strong engine , good handling and stylish looks. Don't need a bum warmer!  And I actually really like maintaining my own equipment. God I'm old fashioned  :(

Porsche will sell a bunch of Macans ;) and less and less 911s. It's fun to watch this play out.

Form follows function eh? The thing is , most modern SUVs have so many thingies attached there is a necessity to equip them with great big bloody catfish mouths.

I am unashamedly a poverty spec buyer- I just want 4 wheels , strong engine , good handling and stylish looks. Don't need a bum warmer!  And I actually really like maintaining my own equipment. God I'm old fashioned  :(

Porsche will sell a bunch of Macans ;) and less and less 911s. It's fun to watch this play out.

Keep in mind the cost of a new 991 compared to the Macan, not everyone can justify a couple of hundred k on a sports car but may well be able to justify changing over the family X5 for a porsche. So yes, no surprises as to how it plays out really.

Keep in mind the cost of a new 991 compared to the Macan, not everyone can justify a couple of hundred k on a sports car but may well be able to justify changing over the family X5 for a porsche. So yes, no surprises as to how it plays out really.

I can afford it (911) but I cannot justify it. Weird , eh?

The Macan is way overpowered for families. We don't have many quality drivers out there.

Archived