Porsche Macan, any interest here?

edgy

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Audi website says the SQ5 is 86k list, 99k onroad. The Macan is a far superior product, I hate to say it but I wouldn't be surprised if the S and Diesel are 110-115k onroad :(

Looking for an upgrade in size and comfort over my current Golf R (preferably without losing any performance) and the Macan ticked all those boxes as well as passing the judgement of the minister of finance.... but north of $100k and I am getting a bit antsy

I would be surprised - for a no options S diesel to be that high - so close to Cayenne then

SQ5 is top of the range and has all the fruit as standard.  Probably $25k in options on a Porsche to come up to same spec

Agreed the Porsche is far better, but I'd be disappointed if its not priced more competitively than $115k!

I'd take a used Cayenne 12-18months old with 20kms on it over a new Macan at the same money.  Sadly looking at the body profile I fear Macan's boot space will be too limiting for me also

I think quite a few people would be disappointed. Might wander into the porsche dealership tomorrow and ask a few questions

A bigger boot is one of my main reasons for upgrading; I originally thought the boot was quite big but this photo from stuttcars.com suggests otherwise:

5oSiT.jpg

Just an FYI for those interested, I have been in contact with PCSS about the Macan and they know about as much of the specs as the rest of us who've been following it closely, they are throwing a figure of $90k about, the first lot of cars will be delivered May/June 2014 (including their demo stock) 

If your interested you can place a fully refundable deposit to secure your place in the queue, PCSS claim to have received about 40 deposits in the last two years they've been taking them, they anticipate that to increase drastically now that the cat is out of the bag!

I'll probably decide in the next 2-3 weeks if we are going to put $$$ down now, or wait. 

Hope that helps some of you.

Just an FYI for those interested, I have been in contact with PCSS about the Macan and they know about as much of the specs as the rest of us who've been following it closely, they are throwing a figure of $90k about, the first lot of cars will be delivered May/June 2014 (including their demo stock) 

If your interested you can place a fully refundable deposit to secure your place in the queue, PCSS claim to have received about 40 deposits in the last two years they've been taking them, they anticipate that to increase drastically now that the cat is out of the bag!

I'll probably decide in the next 2-3 weeks if we are going to put $$$ down now, or wait. 

Hope that helps some of you.

Geez, thanks Edgy, can't believe you're offering to put down a deposit for us but I'll take you up on the offer, thanks.

Geez, thanks Edgy, can't believe you're offering to put down a deposit for us but I'll take you up on the offer, thanks.

Hey, sharing is caring!! :lol:

But on a serious note, may/June is what I've read elsewhere for first deliveries.

Cayenne S Diesel was out to almost a year at one point

And I still think you'll struggle to find one. Problem is the USA market gobble them up at an astonishing rate that Au's allocations are never enough

If your interested you can place a fully refundable deposit to secure your place in the queue, PCSS claim to have received about 40 deposits in the last two years...

Popped over to Porsche Centre Willoughby this morning to put down my EOI deposit; #32 in the line and the customer who called while I was chatting with the sales rep sounds like he's #33!

$80-90k figure was their very rough guess (they have no more info than we do) so on-road looking to start from $105k.

Spent some time in the Cayenne and the interior quality is really something else. Afterward went straight to the Audi dealership and sat in the Q5 and got out pretty quickly.

Popped over to Porsche Centre Willoughby this morning to put down my EOI deposit; #32 in the line and the customer who called while I was chatting with the sales rep sounds like he's #33!

$80-90k figure was their very rough guess (they have no more info than we do) so on-road looking to start from $105k.

Spent some time in the Cayenne and the interior quality is really something else. Afterward went straight to the Audi dealership and sat in the Q5 and got out pretty quickly.

Can I ask how much deposit they are asking at Willoughby? Any word on timing for their first expected deliveries?

It's a little annoying the US has all pricing available but we don't, but I guess that was its ultimate target market!

Can I ask how much deposit they are asking at Willoughby? Any word on timing for their first expected deliveries?

$1k EOI (refundable) then when pricing and options are known, a further $4-6.5k proper deposit depending on whom you talk to

They mentioned June 2014 for first deliveries. When the Cayenne launched they were moving about 5-6 per month, not sure if they'll try to fill preorders faster with the Macan (I hope so)

As others have said, you can get into a near new cayenne for around 120k. As much as I like the macan I think for 100k+ makes the cayenne better value IMO.

Dealer said Cayenne is $115k on-road, but most people option them up to $130-140k.

Even if the Macan was the same price as the Cayenne then the Macan would still be better value for me, since the Cayenne will be too tight a fit in my garage and is just too big a car overall. Bigger isn't better for everyone!

Macan pricing is out in just 2 days, soon there'll be no more speculation about price... just speculation about standard equipment and options pricing :)

Dealer said Cayenne is $115k on-road, but most people option them up to $130-140k.

Even if the Macan was the same price as the Cayenne then the Macan would still be better value for me, since the Cayenne will be too tight a fit in my garage and is just too big a car overall. Bigger isn't better for everyone!

Macan pricing is out in just 2 days, soon there'll be no more speculation about price... just speculation about standard equipment and options pricing :)

Agree bigger is not necessarily better, my daily is a fiat 500!

I too am awaiting pricing as I would love one - if it does however end up around the 110-115k mark I'd be going for a diesel cayenne as I am on the other side of the discussion looking for room for my family of 5 and pulling stuff around! Part of me was praying that they would be closer to the 80-90k mark and I'd live with it for that, just now it seems to be getting pretty close to cayenne dollars so I'm curious to see what the final figures are.

Will be watching the figures closely for the next 6 months, things may change.

I think a lot will come down to the standard equipment... the dealer said they are in heavy negotiation to get more std equipment for Australia since we have to pay more LCT etc. If it goes into Cayenne territory after only optioning the bare minimum (cruise control, floor mats, etc) then it becomes a very tough proposition indeed!

I remember him also mentioning that some of the 30-odd people ahead of me in the queue were hoping it would hit for ~$70k on-road. So he said that there is a good possibility the queue will shrink when pricing is announced :)

I think a lot will come down to the standard equipment... the dealer said they are in heavy negotiation to get more std equipment for Australia since we have to pay more LCT etc. If it goes into Cayenne territory after only optioning the bare minimum (cruise control, floor mats, etc) then it becomes a very tough proposition indeed!

I remember him also mentioning that some of the 30-odd people ahead of me in the queue were hoping it would hit for ~$70k on-road. So he said that there is a good possibility the queue will shrink when pricing is announced :)

70k seems a bit optimistic, one can only hope I guess!

Archived