Porsche Macan, any interest here?

edgy

Well I guess there is a few ways to look at it and there is going to be a few different types of buyers!

There will be the ones that Macan is just right for, they must have a/or another Porsche and don't care what they pay for it.

Then there will be the ones who its right for but will consider other similar price point options.

Then there will be the status crazed, shallow pocket buyers. :lol:

Or a combination of those... :P

$1k EOI (refundable) then when pricing and options are known, a further $4-6.5k proper deposit depending on whom you talk to

They mentioned June 2014 for first deliveries. When the Cayenne launched they were moving about 5-6 per month, not sure if they'll try to fill preorders faster with the Macan (I hope so)

Ta,

Well, I will sit on my hands till pricing is out tomorrow... then if we're happy I might place that EOI down but subject to me being happy with the car once we've seen and driven a demonstrator. I don't mind waiting for something good.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So pricing is due out today, I also dropped a line to Porsche centre Willoughby this morning, i am told dealer management is at a conference @ PCA this morning receiving the info and should be available sometime during today. 

The gentleman I spoke to tends to feel that we can expect the same level of equipment in these first 3 S models to be of a similar level to other existing S models (ie cayenne)

So pricing is due out today, I also dropped a line to Porsche centre Willoughby this morning, i am told dealer management is at a conference @ PCA this morning receiving the info and should be available sometime during today. 

The gentleman I spoke to tends to feel that we can expect the same level of equipment in these first 3 S models to be of a similar level to other existing S models (ie cayenne)

I have refreshed the PCW website more than once since 9am today :)

Would be really good if I didn't have to pay extra for cruise control... :D

I saw murmurs on VWVortex of approx AUD$100k on-road for an un-optioned 'S'...

All murmurs are around $100-105k atm... I'm keeping an eye on the PCW facebook website since that seems to be monitored and updated quite regularly. They said pricing sometime today

I'm assuming that is + ORC?

Really should be + ORC

Using the Cayenne driveaway calculator I come up with the following ORC prices:

S diesel (SD) onroad ~ $95,000

S onroad ~ $97,500

Turbo onroad ~ $137,500

Just using the RMS calculator, these are the government charges based on the Diesel S 

kklq.png

Hopefully can wrangle them into waiving some dealer delivery BS! 

That said, going to pcss on saturday to place deposit/order. 

interested in the size of the queue now that pricing is out... last weekend it was up to #41 at pcss i believe (and #34 at pcw)

I will let you know when I know! 

I am not fussed, realistically I would like to take delivery this time next year.. our A1 has been a great little car & Id like to get another years use out of it for sure :) 

I will let you know when I know! 

I am not fussed, realistically I would like to take delivery this time next year.. our A1 has been a great little car & Id like to get another years use out of it for sure :)

You will have quite the garage... dare I say my dream garage? I want to supplement the Macan with a GT3 :)

Don't forget to add in the extras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've already prioritised the options available in the UK configurator, once the Aus std equipment and options are known it'll be a very simple process for me :) I just work down the list until my financial planner calls me to complain

You will have quite the garage... dare I say my dream garage? I want to supplement the Macan with a GT3 :)

ha ha, thanks.. sometimes I have to pinch myself too! Macan is for family & general duties, plan is to keep it for at least 10 years... no more cars after that. 

I am going to go light on options, tow pack at minimum though, running up big $$ on options would start to pose some trivial questions with regards to value. 

I owned two 3L Diesel Q5s for work (bought both at the same time in '09 on release), one of them had 2 engine rebuilds under warranty, the first at 1yr in, and the second at 2yrs in. Swapped one of them for the new ML350 and its a much better car all round, albeit at a higher price bracket.

Maybe I was just unlucky but I'd never own a car with that engine again unless it was under warranty.

That said I've got change over on my work vehicle next year as it comes out of warranty, and this will be on the short list.

imageshack isn't working for me so i can't see ur pic. towbar is Exterior -> Trailer coupling without removable ball joint

some items of interest that the AU Macan S is getting standard that UK doesn't:

• 19" macan turbo wheels
  • 14-way power seats with memory package
  • Cruise control
  • Mobile phone preparation
  • ParkAssist at front and rear
  • Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including navigation module
  • Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
  • Reversing camera (i think, you can see it on 3d view but it's not mentioned in the std features list)

no sapphire blue yet? 

Sapphire Blue was mentioned as being available "10/2014" which is either month 10 or week 10. strange that they unveil the car in sapphire blue but don't offer it at launch

imageshack isn't working for me so i can't see ur pic. towbar is Exterior -> Trailer coupling without removable ball joint

Could be classed NSFW perhaps? :lol: 

I kept options simple really:

Diesel S in White

• 20" RS Spyder wheels
  • PDLS + Bi-Xenon
  • Monochrome black exterior package 
  • Model designation delete (zero cost)
  • 75 L tank (zero cost)

PS - just spotted tow pack. :)

Might add more once more is released? But it starts to get expensive fast, naturally. lol

Archived