Porsche Macan, any interest here?

edgy

I like the look of it, looks very nice to me, but the problem is its more maintenance.

I think it also cleans it up a bit... have you seen some of the 991 badging? 

eg 

Porsche

911 Carrera 4S

:lol:

And regarding the pronunciation, I've already realised that resistance is futile... I am just going to have to be faced with getting hungry every time I say the name... :lol:

Same here w/ beige. I was set on it until I saw a photo of one of the promo Macans with beige interior that was already getting filthy, some more digging and I decided against it.

Checked out a 911 Carrera 4S yellow convertible at PCW, the badging was the first thing that caught my eye :) I used to look down on debadging when some of my friends all bought BMW 318i's and tried to dress them up as higher specs; here we're not trying to hide anything though.

I know it's a long way off but for laughs I've come up with a defense if anyone questions my purchase: "i wanted a fast SUV and this one's cheaper than the Audi SQ5"

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just brainstorming and stumbled on this -> 

The LCT threshold is $60,316 for the 2013–14 financial year.

The LCT threshold for fuel-efficient cars (referred to as the 'fuel efficient car limit') is $75,375 for the 2013–14 financial year. For LCT purposes, fuel-efficient cars are cars that have a fuel consumption of seven litres per 100 kilometres or less.

A quick Google search confirmed that the Diesel S is rated @ 6.3L/100 or 6.0L/100 :D 

However the S is rated at 9.0L/100 or 8.7L/100 

food for thought.... 

Snap.

I was about to say "yes see this is why the list price for the macan diesel is 84900 while the macan s is 87200!"

then I checked my contract and the base price listed on it is 82613.69, calculate normal LCT on that as 6204 which gives a total of 89303. wait, what??

reverse calculate and it appears that 'base price' is 80996 car + 1617.69 dealer delivery.

if I'm correct in assuming that the list price included LCT, then the diesel with the same dealer delivery will show up on the contract as 84831.39 (actual base price = 83213.7).

all this means precious little if they're not giving discounts on such a new model; just don't think you're getting a new car with free dealer delivery! :P

by the way, where are all the other macan preorderers? there should be 200-300 by now....

Also some info about the Sport Pack that will be coming on the first 25% (150) cars into Australia:

It includes roof rails, side skirts, Sport Chrono pack, 20-inch alloy wheels (21s on Turbo), panoramic roof, and brushed-metallic interior trim

For the S and Diesel it would cost you 16081 to add these (after LCT) but assuming the increased prices of 100560 and 98270 respectively include LCT then they both represent a saving of $2711. Of course, only worth it if you want all of those options; plus most of those 150 will be dealer demonstrators.

For the Turbo (which comes standard with 20", side skirts and aluminium trim) it would cost 14846 to add the other 4 options on so the saving is $3006.

Ok closing the configurator for real now

Can I fit my 6'8" surfboard in the back??? Been trying to work this out from the specs but I can't seem to find the interior numbers, it fits in my C class wagon with the seats down & the vehicles look about the same size? Anyone seen one in the flesh O/S?

just going on photos i would guess that it's 1.9m from front seat backs to back of the boot. if u fold all the rear seats down i reckon it would fit diagonally (or even straight if you don't mind it poking out a bit beside/between the front seats)

The few reviews I have read (whilst not in depth) give it quite the review! I really hope its one of those cars that exceeds the hype! :D 

Steering feel for the electrical assisted system seems to be the only point of concern (with all new Porsches actually) 

Can't wait 

• 1 month later...

Sounds like pricing will be considerably north of SQ5 - with limited volumes, they'll probably get away with it!

http://blog.caranddriver.com/thatsa-pricey-pepper-2015-porsche-macan-pricing-configurator-hit-web/

But with the Macan’s gluttonous pricing, Porsche perhaps is being a bit too obvious in its hunt for profits.

..and this is in the USA!!!

I predict a return to tractors as well.

come over to macanforum.com .... plenty of action going on over there :)

(found the post on RL, many things there are just copied from my posts on macanforum)

I'll sign up... but probably won't hang around much, I'll start stressing over a car I have ordered and won't be getting for a year still... :lol: 

I'm on RL for the GT3 community... its a good one! :) 

are you same username there on macan forum? 

yep same username on all P forums (macanforum, rl, 6speed, planet9, pfa)

learnt a few little tricks from other buyers and their dealers, like ordering the smoker package to get lids on centre console compartments front and rear (front one is just ahead of the cupholders)

actually without it, there's no compartment on the rear at all, just an ugly 12v wart:

http://puu.sh/69JxP

• 2 weeks later...

Might be old news, but apparently we'll be able to see a Macan in the flesh as early as March.

spacer.gif

Macan first sighting in Australia.
First deliveries of this newest addition to the Porsche family are in June but to see it first, head to the Top Gear Live Festival, Sydney Motor Sport Park on March 8th - 9th or the Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix, 14 - 16 March, where it will be on display.
> Watch the Macan in action.

• 3 months later...

I got to see the Macan in the flesh at TGFS... what a car, its so nice to see in the flesh!

Alas we cancelled our order just the other week, my common sense got the better of me and I really started to get cold feet at the thought of buying a $100k car only to have it depreciate rapidly. Would rather hedge my bet and buy another GT3 instead :lol: another property is more plausible.

Was planning to put an order on one but had similar thoughts recently and ended up spending way more on a couple of investment places... they don't go as fast but hopefully they'll appreciate... if nothing else the tax benefits are worth it.

Still think it looks pretty neat, but have yet to eyeball one in the flesh.

• 3 weeks later...

Pics from Macan launch to PCQ last night. Not sure if it's ugly or not.

Turbo S

051B5635-5DDB-4962-932B-B1026258D94F_zps

Clam Shell bonnet, only car that has this of any manufacturer. Not sure why that's so awesome. 

7D375F52-4F41-4C48-9A81-1157B6626C42_zps

Butt Shot S

B4984691-0FE0-4054-86F9-72409EEB6802_zps

Archived