Tit-Wagon - 964C2

Tit

Finally.

18 months. Many Cars. 3 PPIs. Three States. One turned out to be crashed and loaded with bog. One was dribbling oil badly and had been painted in the owners garage. One I was a few hours too late to get the deposit down.

I started looking at SCs. Vaguely considered 3.2s. Then started to have a closer look at the 964 and liked what I saw...(and my budget doubled from the beginning of my search). So in the last two months narrowed my search on the 'unloved 911'.   I knew I'd missed a few good ones while I was looking at SC's, but ultimately there was three I narrowed it down to.

So yes - The Carerra 2 listed on the PCV site ().

The car itself is 'tired' (as described by someone else here).  Weltmeister assessed that it is a 'good, solid, original car' it would cost about $10k to get it sweet. So the owner took that into account and we settled on a price I thought was reasonable. 

The reason I settled on a 'tired' car was because it seems to me the Carrera 2 is becoming more saught after in the market than the C4. I have no problem with a C4. In fact, I don't consider myself a great driver and the C4 would have been some kind of insurance against ham-fisted technique...The second reason was that most of the things that make it 'tired' were within reach of being fixed...in Matt from Weltmeister's words "All it needs is a birthday"...

With a bit of interstate faffing-about, the car transferred ownership to me today.  This morning it was dropped at AutoArt for a top-end rebuild, clutch, fly-wheel and a few other 'house-keeping' things to get it fresh.  Getting new tires (thinking Michelins, the shops keep trying to talk me into Pirellis ??).  Weltmeister said it didn't really need a top-end rebuild, but the leak-down numbers were between 10-12% and at 240,000km I figured it couldn't hurt while it's in there...it also made the clutch change a lot cheaper!

Priorities for the car are to get it safe, mechanically sound and then getting it closer to stock. Especially that rear spoiler…Does anyone want a TechArt spoiler that probably better suits a 993?

So I'll hopefully be picking it up the first weekend in December.  I friend of mine also acquired DJM's doppelganger car and we'll be meeting up to compare our acquisitions....if anyone's interested in meeting for a coffee and a drive, I'll be spending some time that weekend breaking the engine in (so no highway driving for me that weekend!).
Here she is:

i-8S9FX5D-L.jpg

i-gWQwFwc-L.jpg

i-snGfG8m-L.jpg

Gun-rack:
i-jWNCwGD-L.jpg

Well done tit, great looking car. Glad the seller finally answered his phone! I've brought that car up with a few people who never seemed to be able to contact the previous owner?

Would be great to do some PFA drinks when your in town, keep us posted.

Wow, what a beaut.

Actually, I don't even mind the wing in your pics, and I'm a wingless kinda guy!

Now we need pics of the interior and engine bay.

If you're continuing the RS theme, I've got a genuine RS DME that I am going to stick on eBay because I've decided not to do the lightweight flywheel + cup pipe mods, but I'm sure you don't need any excuses to spend more money ;-)

Congratulations.

White 964's are just gorgeous things.

At the risk of highjacking things here, if I told you that wing cost something like $7,000 when new (if it's a real Techart piece) might you keep it?

Personally I don't like them, but a certain 964RS owner might like it as a spare (eh, Kerry?)

A certain 964RS owner might still have the standard 964 flip wing I put on the black RS at great cost, and do a swap?

I still can't get over the white wheels, Kerry if you read this thread. If you only knew how much effort I went to get them painted factory silver, and you flipped them back to white........! Cruel.

Thanks all...

Well done tit, great looking car. Glad the seller finally answered his phone! I've brought that car up with a few people who never seemed to be able to contact the previous owner?

Would be great to do some PFA drinks when your in town, keep us posted.

I'm keen if the stars align. I at this point it would be sometime the weekend of 7/8 December.  Won't know for sure until Autoart assess the condition of the engine...

Wow, what a beaut.

Actually, I don't even mind the wing in your pics, and I'm a wingless kinda guy!

Now we need pics of the interior and engine bay.

If you're continuing the RS theme, I've got a genuine RS DME that I am going to stick on eBay because I've decided not to do the lightweight flywheel + cup pipe mods, but I'm sure you don't need any excuses to spend more money ;-)

I considered the light-weight flywheel, but in the interests of (noob) drivability I decided to stick with the standard one.  I think it already has a cat-bypass.  Not sure how useful the RS DME is for a standard 3.6?

Congratulations.
White 964's are just gorgeous things.
At the risk of highjacking things here, if I told you that wing cost something like $7,000 when new (if it's a real Techart piece) might you keep it?
Personally I don't like them, but a certain 964RS owner might like it as a spare (eh, Kerry?)
A certain 964RS owner might still have the standard 964 flip wing I put on the black RS at great cost, and do a swap?
I still can't get over the white wheels, Kerry if you read this thread. If you only knew how much effort I went to get them painted factory silver, and you flipped them back to white........! Cruel.

Won't be able tell if the wing is authentic or not for a week or so.  I'm keen to look into any opportunity to get it back to a working 964 spoiler setup.  I assume this wing was designed for the 993? Because on those the Techart wing seems a lot more 'at home'...