Tit-Wagon - 964C2

Tit

Good work, that car has been on market a while and it seems a few people tried to contact the seller without success, i like it but agree the wing has gotta go

When are we catching up together with your mate with the red one matching mine?

Well done Tit, I will send you a note for our next run and you can meet the local bunch and go for a good spirited drive..

For Sure!

lightweight flywheel and a good exhaust are some of the best mods you can do to car like this!

i don't even mind the wing.. :D

hmmm...

Too much ?

P1000997-960_zps773a444e.jpg

Because NOT-racecar... :P

Good work, that car has been on market a while and it seems a few people tried to contact the seller without success, i like it but agree the wing has gotta go

When are we catching up together with your mate with the red one matching mine?

Sure! My mate is keeping an eye on the work as he lives around the corner from where the work is being done.  When I have a date from the mechanic, I'll start a meet thread I reckon.  Gotta hassle him to get over to this forum, too. 

I'm concerned about break in. ie. I don't want to drive it at fixed RPM for 700km back to Canberra. I was planning to spend a day or so racking up the km outside of Melbourne somehow.  Therefore Sat and Sun might be full of driving so I can take the car back to AutoArt so we can do the oil-drop and check everything is fine.

Great buy Tit. I'm a sucker for white. Best colour for maintenance.

Yep. Hides it's 'tiredness' well.  I've done basic paint correction on a few cars. So over the Christmas break I'll be getting out the, clay-bar random-orbital polisher etc to give the paint a bit of attention.

So... Flywheels.

So, this car will be used for weekends of driving, touring, occasionally to work....whatever.  Maybe a club track-day or two. The wife will also be driving it.

I asked the mechanic to put standard gear in - ie. a newer model DMF.  My original understanding of a light-weight flywheel was that they are prone to drop the revs quicker and possibly stall more frequently. They also require a different technique in traffic?  Though the more I read, I see software changes can be made to compensate for that?

Apart from pissing the mechanic off (because he has already ordered the parts), do any of you have an opinion about this? Do any of you drive a 964/993 with a LWF for that kind of use. 

Because, you know...NOT-racecar... :P

Lightweight flywheels make the revs climb faster, and the throttle response is much livelier. Approximately 1/3 to 1/2 of folks undertaking the conversion have problems with stalling, particularly with the air-con on. Of these, most will benefit from having a remapped chip installed, and the remainder suffer from never-ending problems, but probably because their engines are tired to begin with.

About the RS DME - the 964 RS was rated at 260bhp, 10bhp above the standard cars. The increase power rating was always thought to have been conservative, and the actual power increase was always measured at approx 20bhp above stock. The extra power was from a blue-printed engine and the remapped DME. RS DMEs are plug-and-play for the standard cars, and should result in an easy 10-15bhp increase. The RS DME that I have is chipped, I would guess to increase power slightly and possibly for higher octane fuel.

However, it's a terrific car out-of-the-box, and far more car than I am driver, which is partly why I've decided not to go down the lightweight flywheel/RS DME pathway. For advanced or competitive drivers, the benefits of such a setup would undoubtedly be worthwhile.

About the RS DME - the 964 RS was rated at 260bhp, 10bhp above the standard cars. The increase power rating was always thought to have been conservative, and the actual power increase was always measured at approx 20bhp above stock. The extra power was from a blue-printed engine and the remapped DME. RS DMEs are plug-and-play for the standard cars, and should result in an easy 10-15bhp increase. The RS DME that I have is chipped, I would guess to increase power slightly and possibly for higher octane fuel.

This is what I love about the 964 and 3.6 engine.  3.0 litre turbo horse power in standard form and without a whole lot of (over the top expensive) mods, can get 3.3 litre turbo horse power. Plus already have G50 gearbox, power steer, more aero efficient floor pan, coil spring suspension ……. :huh:

Now do an Uncle on it and

"I have a 930, I like my 930, I love my 930………"  :)

Like some kind of water-torture, I now have to wait 'till mid next week.  Engine won't be in the car until Wednesday.

Anyway...lots of work getting done, so hopefully the wait and the $$ are worth it.

Tits, car is fix? Want me extert some Brezhnev on this mans? Gulag is not for western pink polo shirt peoples.

Nooooo! New completion day is now this Friday. Due to weekend commitments I'll have to come down Sunday and pick up Monday.

This week would you be able to obtain photographic evidence?

Happy for you to apply persuasion techniques at your discretion...