Tit-Wagon - 964C2

Tit

We have it!!

Got the car on Monday. Spent quite a bit of time with Micheal at AutoArt.  Highly recommend them! 

Turns out the top-end rebuild was a good idea.  Two of the rockers were starting to deteriorate badly on the ends that contact with the cam-shaft.  The cam shafts were consequently degrading as well. So new ones were installed as well as getting the cam shafts cleaned up.  A decent amount of carbon was recovered from the pistons (think five heaped table-spoons). Two of the timing-chain guides were damaged as well, so they were replaced.  Obviously the spark plugs were shagged as well. The cylinders were all cleaned and honed. The heads and everything else cleaned up and lots of re-sealing done.  New clutch and fly-wheel work a treat, too!

(The) KGB turned up as well to interrogate me.  I duly inspected his state-issued transportation device and mother-Russia has done him proud.  Except for the crumbly replica wheels! :P

So we drove it up to Healsville on Monday and back to make sure it was indeed a Porsche. Turns out it is.

Tuesday we were woken by the sparrows farting and we went the long-way home.  Through Gippsland, Lakes-Entrance, Cann River and up through Cooma.  Bloody nice drive too.

Car ran like a (noisy) Swiss watch.  The good kind of noises, though.  The previous owner kindly left the G-Pipe on the car for me to enjoy.

So far the only defects we can find are the dint in the bonnet and the two internal lights in the ceiling not working.  The tires are absolutely fubar too.  Even the A/C works now!

I think the car could do with some attention for most of it's bushings as the steering was sort of 'mushy'.  I know 911's have a unique front-end feel, but they shouldn't turn in like the car is driving on the beach (yes, I checked the tire pressures). I'm not too worried as I'll work my way through the car with a fine-toothed comb (as long as the bank account permits...).

So the key now is to get new tires and possibly some bushings done before the SMT on 11 Jan!  I'm afraid that wing will be hanging around for a few more months while I get the more important things sorted out.

We forgot to take the DSLR, so crappy phone pics for now.  (I'm at work, will get pics of the rockers at home)

i-zCvT8Jj-M.jpg

i-pjLcr9M-M.jpg

i-swtbV4S-X2.jpg

i-fVMd6Ld-L.jpg

i-VpM5Gns-L.jpg

OK wheels is fix now, put more Italians stuff on car when Gregoriev deliver me some Father Christmas.

Still I Iike your MIG wings, very nice. Remind me cold war with Korean Peninsula angry little president, small man's syndrome.

Porsche; until you have you no understand nothing.

Thanks all!

The old girl has been driven most days in the last week. Hopefully we can keep that up!  No leaks or weeps at all, too!

So - oil.

I know this has been covered a lot, but I'm struggling to find what I need in sleepy old Canberra.   I'm aiming at 20W-50 Mineral oil with Zinc.  The closest I can find in the three places I've looked is Penrite 20W-60.  Micheal at Autoart insisted I don't use Penrite (??).

There's not many Canberra guys here, but does anyone know if any of the stuff the major chains stock meet this oil spec.  I'm keen to keep to that high viscosity, mineral and zinc spec if I can.  How many of you use Penrite?

Thanks!

Ha. I thought you mean PFA delivers!

So - USD$166... :blink:

this place delivers

and has more than one suitable oil ,the  v twin has the appropriate zinc and correct viscosity

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mobil-1-V-Twin-20W50-Motorcycle-Oil-10-Quarts-9-46-litres-FREE-SHIPPING-/170780763671?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c353a617