Pauly

968 Turbo RS anyone?

14 hours ago, OzJustin said:

Geez you Melbournites need to stop hogging all the RS Turbos. Share them around with your fellow states. :P 

@Ossie - Have Fitzgerald produced five replicas in total now?

Ha ha, yes we're a bit greedy!

Yes they have built 5 in total, although the first 4 are not really considered replicas as they were commissioned in period by owners who intended to race them, although only #1 (Peter Fitzgerald's Falken race car) and #4 (Graham Lloyd's Targa rally car) were extensively used in competition to my knowledge. 

The latest car #5 was built more recently and is an accurate replica of the original #1 factory car, with the exception that it's RHD.  it was commissioned by the owner of Peter's Falken car.

Of course all of this is subject to your own interpretation, but I don't really consider my car (#4) a replica of the factory cars as it wasn't built for that purpose, and has it's own history and specification.

Hi guys , the #1 Falken car started life as a 968CS MO30 owned by Porsche Cars Aust. Was the 1993 Sandown 6 hour winner , 2nd in 1993 Bathurst 12 hour but disqualified for wrong front wheel offsets came back in 1994 Bathurst 12 Hour finishing 2nd outright in new Falken sponsorship colours Driven by Peter Fitzgerald  & Jim Richards , In 1995 it was converted to 968RS replica by Fitzgerald Racing featuring lightweight windows , fiberglass front panels & debuted in Porsche Cup at the final Adelaide Grand Prix . The same year it raced in Targa Tasmania on day 2 dropping to 160th after a puncture & then went on to finish 5th outright . The car went  on to do more Targa's Porsche Cup . Dutton rallies etc . I purchase the car in 2006 through RSR Garage it then being white & immediately set about returning it to its Falken Tyres Livery , it has only done a few PCV club days & demonstration laps at 2013 Rennsport  Aust  . The #5 car after much discussion with Fitzy was purchased by me as a genuine 968CS through RSR Garage with the sole idea of building a faithful tribute to the #1 Factory prototype car, only 968RS in Guards Red & also to compete in Le Mans out of the 4 Factory cars ,

37 minutes ago, craiggt3rs said:

#1 Falken 968RS  Peter Fitzgerald race car  & #5  968RS Tribute car & last built .

968 RS's @ home 2.jpg

Amazing cars. Saw the black one for sale a little while back but just didn't act fast enough. Thanks for sharing.