968 Turbo RS anyone?

Pauly

14 hours ago, OzJustin said:

Geez you Melbournites need to stop hogging all the RS Turbos. Share them around with your fellow states. :P 

@Ossie - Have Fitzgerald produced five replicas in total now?

Ha ha, yes we're a bit greedy!

Yes they have built 5 in total, although the first 4 are not really considered replicas as they were commissioned in period by owners who intended to race them, although only #1 (Peter Fitzgerald's Falken race car) and #4 (Graham Lloyd's Targa rally car) were extensively used in competition to my knowledge. 

The latest car #5 was built more recently and is an accurate replica of the original #1 factory car, with the exception that it's RHD.  it was commissioned by the owner of Peter's Falken car.

Of course all of this is subject to your own interpretation, but I don't really consider my car (#4) a replica of the factory cars as it wasn't built for that purpose, and has it's own history and specification.

Hi guys , the #1 Falken car started life as a 968CS MO30 owned by Porsche Cars Aust. Was the 1993 Sandown 6 hour winner , 2nd in 1993 Bathurst 12 hour but disqualified for wrong front wheel offsets came back in 1994 Bathurst 12 Hour finishing 2nd outright in new Falken sponsorship colours Driven by Peter Fitzgerald  & Jim Richards , In 1995 it was converted to 968RS replica by Fitzgerald Racing featuring lightweight windows , fiberglass front panels & debuted in Porsche Cup at the final Adelaide Grand Prix . The same year it raced in Targa Tasmania on day 2 dropping to 160th after a puncture & then went on to finish 5th outright . The car went  on to do more Targa's Porsche Cup . Dutton rallies etc . I purchase the car in 2006 through RSR Garage it then being white & immediately set about returning it to its Falken Tyres Livery , it has only done a few PCV club days & demonstration laps at 2013 Rennsport  Aust  . The #5 car after much discussion with Fitzy was purchased by me as a genuine 968CS through RSR Garage with the sole idea of building a faithful tribute to the #1 Factory prototype car, only 968RS in Guards Red & also to compete in Le Mans out of the 4 Factory cars ,

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
12 hours ago, crsedge said:

Love those rims on the Tribute car above. Anyone know what they are? Looking for an alternative set for my newly acquired 968.

Cheers

Craig

Hi Craig , I think I sent you some photo's & info on those speedline replica rims . I have another new set in boxes !

16 hours ago, DJM said:

manual 968 has been sitting a while at Autohaus at $40k, why don't I buy it and create this.  Not paying CS money or ruining a genuine CS.  Love the stance.  Looks like they can make 500hp with a turbo.  Modern ECU would help with tuning.

Saw the red car above getting built, Fitzy said it cost a LOT.  But I assume that's in part because it's faithful to the original.  Wheels, cage, seats, suspension, brakes, turbo, exhaust, intercooler, ECU and tuning.   Who should build it, what's the budget?  Great weekend canyon carver and track car.

8aeb11eb75dc0130153f460992f37153.jpg?aspect=FitWithinNoPad&width=480

1994 Porsche 968 Manual

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1994-Porsche-968-Manual/OAG-AD-16850460

Do it! You know I would ;)

5 hours ago, MFX said:

Do it! You know I would ;)

If I had your skills, it'd be a no brainer..........you'd probably find a way to make a TTRS 5 cylinder or a 2.9TT Macan V6 work 😂

The other option is to leave it NA, they're a pretty handy thing on a windy road.  Effectively create a CS for a quarter the price of a real CS.  It's only suspension, diff and some seats after all.  Same mechs.

just not used to seeing a sub $40k P anything that's not a rusty bucket of bolts. Oh, and I like blue 😀

17 hours ago, DJM said:

If I had your skills, it'd be a no brainer..........you'd probably find a way to make a TTRS 5 cylinder or a 2.9TT Macan V6 work 😂

The other option is to leave it NA, they're a pretty handy thing on a windy road.  Effectively create a CS for a quarter the price of a real CS.  It's only suspension, diff and some seats after all.  Same mechs.

just not used to seeing a sub $40k P anything that's not a rusty bucket of bolts. Oh, and I like blue 😀

Mark who you bought the GT2 off used to run mid 1:40's regularly at SMP in his old CS... that is moving

18 hours ago, DJM said:

This is exactly what I did with my car in same colour.

I did have the intention of doing the RS through Fitzy but after talking to him on Craig's #5 build decided would not get a return on investment (and his engine builder Bob who built the original 4 went into retirement after many years with Fitz). Seeing mine was low Km's, just enjoying the drive as described !

8 hours ago, edgy said:

Mark who you bought the GT2 off used to run mid 1:40's regularly at SMP in his old CS... that is moving

Yeah, pretty highly developed though including a small fortune on Ohlins dampers and some other trick bits.

7 hours ago, 9fan said:

This is exactly what I did with my car in same colour.

I did have the intention of doing the RS through Fitzy but after talking to him on Craig's #5 build decided would not get a return on investment (and his engine builder Bob who built the original 4 went into retirement after many years with Fitz). Seeing mine was low Km's, just enjoying the drive as described !

Bob rebuilt the engine for my GT2, he was THE guy that had all the knowledge.  In fact he was the one that answered the phone and correctly diagnosed busted rods when I called.  

• 1 month later...