Cosmetic update to my 987 yes or no?

withers

So I've been thinking of some minor exterior and reversible mods.. 

Should I add PORSCHE decals to the side of my car like this?

25041-porsche-stripes-front-quarter1.jpg

And black out the vent like the car above too?  This car has black leather, and mine has the terracotta.. will it look as good as the car above does?

Ok hit me with your opinions.. I can take it!

The vents on my car are silver and quite frankly, look like they could do with a tidy up paint wise.. so going black would fix that up.  Matte black too for the vent and the decal. 

Thanks for your words Orion.. I disagree re Boyracer, the car won't be lowered.. doesn't have massive 20" rims on it etc  and the decal is a very Porsche thing to add to the marque...   but each to their own of course, I did ask for opinions and you shared yours :)

I like the vents, not big on the stripe though.

I think the stripe would cheapen the look of your car, the silver and terracotta looks nice and upmarket. Nice attention to detail changes have always been what I like. So someone looks at your Boxster and just can't quite work out why it  looks so much nicer, but is just does. A good combination of subtle changes.

Just my opinion.

I reckon the decal on the side looks excellent, it is a classic Porsche style and adds a nice touch.  Just make sure that you know what sort of material they use and how difficult or otherwise it is to remove from your paint.  I also reckon its worth paying for a pinstriper to put it on the car so it it is placed absolutely perfectly.  

May also be worth talking to a pinstriper before buying the decals.  Turned out that my pinstriper could have had my decal set made up himself in higher quality material for less than what it cost to buy it from the USA.  If you have a panel beater you trust have a chat to them and they should be able provide a reference for a good pinstriper, then make sure you go to his/her workshop to check out their work :)

As for the vent when I was looking at Boxsters this was something that was on my must do list.  The only question for me would be whether to get it painted, buy a black one from overseas or get a set of the carbon fibre vents.  

Personally I would probably do the carbon fibre vents and get good quality carbon fibre mirror covers to offset it.  But that's personal preference :)

My 0.05...

I like the idea of the side decal, but I don't think it's been done well in the car in the OP.

The section on the front bumper looks tacky.

Omitting the stripes from aft of the door makes it look like the car's been smash repaired and not quite finished.

Two of my first three cars had script along the bottom of the doors. I am very partial to it, though I wou

D go with Porsche instead of 987. My general rule is that if you have to explain to someone what it means, it's a bit pretentious.

porsche-boxster-spyder_brown_1_zpsc092c2

My 0.55..............

Maybe look at getting the script (as above) in a grey - slightly darker than the silver of your car. It would be there but very subtle in a 'sitting quietly in the work car park' kind of way. 

If you post a side shot of your car we can have some fun!  :)

porsche-boxster-spyder_brown_1_zpsc092c2

My 0.55..............

Maybe look at getting the script (as above) in a grey - slightly darker than the silver of your car. It would be there but very subtle in a 'sitting quietly in the work car park' kind of way. 

If you post a side shot of your car we can have some fun!  :)

Ok I'll do that tonight!

The Spyder grills are about $450USD odd :P   and the carbon ones are around the same price.

Hmmm ....I don't think I would ......but if I did........

The carbon fibre vents, and as Huge says maybe a strip which is just slightly different than your silver...very subtle..

But I think yours looks neat the way it is.

Vents in carbon fibre will always get my vote, as I have a real problem/obsession with that product lol

My vote goes to a black porsche script decal(just wheel arch to wheel arch) as there are plenty of models with this and it looks good on most examples and is easily undone if it doesn't suit your tastes

Archived