Vinyl wrapping, anyone tried Pro Vinyl in Sydney?

Simonoz

Congratulations Simon.

Power issues aside, it will be interesting to see how driving the 993 in the future compares; just on aesthetics and feel..? I think you will keep it.

When considering buying a cheap daily driver recently, my wife said to me, "you need an emotional attachment to a car..... So get what you want?"

Thanks Norm

OziCozi start 3M'ing it tomorrow, and I've got shipping quotes from Ceva and Alan's a Unique Car Transport to consider.

Either way I won't see the car for six weeks which isn't good.

Might be time for a bullet run to Sydney and drive it home......

In my dreams Unfortunately as it's vintage soon, and I can't sneak away.

What I could do is leave the car in Sydney and try to get away later in March.

Maybe join the PCV Tasmania Tour.

Think I've decided to keep the 993 Turbo.

Sentimental fool I might be but it just means too much to let it go without very careful consideration.

Thanks Norm

OziCozi start 3M'ing it tomorrow, and I've got shipping quotes from Ceva and Alan's a Unique Car Transport to consider.

Either way I won't see the car for six weeks which isn't good.

Might be time for a bullet run to Sydney and drive it home......

In my dreams Unfortunately as it's vintage soon, and I can't sneak away.

What I could do is leave the car in Sydney and try to get away later in March.

Maybe join the PCV Tasmania Tour.

Think I've decided to keep the 993 Turbo.

Sentimental fool I might be but it just means too much to let it go without very careful consideration.

Great decision Simon, you can always sell it later & then buy it back again!

• 2 weeks later...

GT2 has been wrapped by OziCozzi, collected by CEVA, and is on it's way to sunny WA.

Now I just have to hope CEVA don't damage it in transit as they have with two of my other 911's.

This is always the worst time when buying an eastern States car and I'm stressed by the process.

If I wasn't up to my elbows in grape juice I'd be even worse off.

We harvested the best Chardonnay grapes we have ever seen today.

Beautiful flavour, at the end of a very dry season with mild weather.

Perfect viticulture weather and the wines from the 2014 vintage will be something special.

If you're a collector this is the year.

My 993RS arrived in Perth, having left Melbourne in perfect condition In a container that was watched by the dealer as it as loaded, with two roasted rear tyres from someone doing wheelies, the rear bumper torn along the bottom edge, and the front bumper blades sitting on the passenger seat, also having been torn off. The CEVA driver nonchalantly arrived at the front gate to hand it to me, and I refused to accept it. Nine weeks later and $8,000 I finally got my car delivered to me. CEVA paid up in the end, but it was ugly for a while.

This time I have again paid for the RAPT service ($3,200) in the vain hope it will get here unscathed.

Next Friday they say.

It's been two days so far getting from Sydney to Adelaide.

You can follow it on the CEVA website tracker under the registration number CQA25J if anyone's interested.

I'll be watching it I can assure you!

You should take photos as soon as you bought it. Speedo/ODO, tyres, under the car ect. you'd usually time stamp the photos. 
Anything funny on arrival. you've got all the proof you need. 

I'm always sending and receive items via couriers. As soon as i see something funny with the tracking. I'm on the phone to them to see which goose had stuffed something up. 

All done Pauly

It's not the proof issue that worries me, it's the damage. They have got form.

The other quote I had from the best guy around was $5,650 and the car wouldn't have hit Perth until March 21! Too long for my liking so CEVA it had to be.

Back to worrying.......

Guest hepkat63

too many times this happened to me over the years - now i NEVER have this even as a consideration - whatever I buy, I fly down and drive it back - or drive down and tandem trailer it back.  Yes, it's a hassle, but you are guaranteed no rubbish from idiots transporters.  Sure, there are good ones out there - but mostly there are always issues with 'expensive' cars.  just my opinion.

All done Pauly

It's not the proof issue that worries me, it's the damage. They have got form.

The other quote I had from the best guy around was $5,650 and the car wouldn't have hit Perth until March 21! Too long for my liking so CEVA it had to be.

Back to worrying.......

Makes me wonder which company brought my car from Adelaide to Melbourne. Lucky for me, their depot is visible from our factories. They moved 4 years ago and forgotten their name. Was a small transport company.  

My 993RS arrived in Perth, having left Melbourne in perfect condition In a container that was watched by the dealer as it as loaded, with two roasted rear tyres from someone doing wheelies, the rear bumper torn along the bottom edge, and the front bumper blades sitting on the passenger seat, also having been torn off. The CEVA driver nonchalantly arrived at the front gate to hand it to me, and I refused to accept it. Nine weeks later and $8,000 I finally got my car delivered to me. CEVA paid up in the end, but it was ugly for a while.

This time I have again paid for the RAPT service ($3,200) in the vain hope it will get here unscathed.

Next Friday they say.

It's been two days so far getting from Sydney to Adelaide.

You can follow it on the CEVA website tracker under the registration number CQA25J if anyone's interested.

I'll be watching it I can assure you!

why would you ever use this company again after that happened to you!! no wonder your stressed

why would you ever use this company again after that happened to you!! no wonder your stressed

Put simply J.J., I used the them because I had no choice.

I couldn't afford the time to drive the car 4,000 kms back home, and the other carrier would have taken another month during which time I would have had to store the car somewhere safe.

Let's hope it all works out in the end.

I've just caught up with this thread.

Congrats on the 997 GT2 purchase.

Looking at your garage you certainly do have a liking for torque.

Living in WA I guess the other benefit of trucking the car over is that is saves 4000 kms from the the odometer.

Best of luck for the car transport.

All the best Simon!  Here's hoping that you get a non-petrol head driving it over in his truck.

Question tho - do they have to unload and reload the car during transportation?

Oh and OMG at the 993 damage.. thats heartbreaking.   I really have my fingers crossed for you.

Amanda

It was collected by flat load truck in Sydney, delivered to the Sydney depot, then sent on a different truck to Adelaide in a sealed container, where it was loaded on the train in a sealed container which is then delivered to depot in Perth, where I will collect it this Friday.

So, that's at least four opportunities for CEVA's test drivers to do their worst. After all, what could possibly go wrong with 530hp and no ground clearance?

Fingers crossed!

Amanda, I forgot to add that we are with you on the cocoa interior. Our Sand Yellow Cayenne S has an Espresso natural leather interior which is the same I think?

It is magnificent, and no photo can do it justice. Wendy loves it. We would never have ordered the Cayenne that in colour combination, but being able to see it in the flesh tipped us over the edge, and we would have another in a heartbeat.

Go the cocoa, or espresso in our case.

Amanda

It was collected by flat load truck in Sydney, delivered to the Sydney depot, then sent on a different truck to Adelaide in a sealed container, where it was loaded on the train in a sealed container which is then delivered to depot in Perth, where I will collect it this Friday.

So, that's at least four opportunities for CEVA's test drivers to do their worst. After all, what could possibly go wrong with 530hp and no ground clearance?

Fingers crossed!

Oh Lordy! I'm feeling anxious for you too!

The Cayenne sounds gorgeous. Black is boring, go the colored leather interior :D

Amanda

If I could get the photo upload to work, which I can't because Photobuckets got a glitch with IPads , I'd post it up.

In the meantime if you google Sand Yellow Cayenne it will come up. It's a very tricky colour to photograph but I can assure you it looks fantastic in reality, and the interior is to die for.