What's putting a smile on your dial?

I figured that the vent thread copped 30 pages so far, so surely if life ain't bad, we can get a tenth of that? :lol:

So what's doing it for you?

Me? Finding a good cheapie bottle of red (ie sub $20) compiling a YouTube playlist of various old tracks... There's everything in there! Queen, frankie goes to Hollywood, tears for fears, janes addiction and the rest....

Putting some old dance tracks together now... Starting with The KLF 3am eternal! :D

Fire away

Funny I've been thinking about a thread like this for a while.

Those who think that grownups should behave like grownups can stop reading now...it's for your own good.

Ever since, a few weeks ago.  I was riding my bicycle in to work - something I try to do once a week.  Because of my route, and traffic conditions, I ride on the footpath most of the way.  On this particular morning, going downhill in the opposite direction was a pretty ladyperson on her way to the bus stop.  She was all dressed up for some office job...and riding a skate board.

Best of all, she flashed me a lovely smile.

Great thread!

For me, every new morning with my 3 month old when he realises he's not alone and his daddy's going to change his nappy and hug him....the smile is awesome.

On a less soppy note.....really excited about moving home to Sydney after 11 years of living in Singapore, and getting reacquainted with my beautiful Targa.

Great thread!

For me, every new morning with my 3 month old when he realises he's not alone and his daddy's going to change his nappy and hug him....the smile is awesome.

On a less soppy note.....really excited about moving home to Sydney after 11 years of living in Singapore, and getting reacquainted with my beautiful Targa.

And to continue on from that soppy note.. coming home from work and my two kids (3 and 1 1/2 yrs) not being able to contain themselves running to the door to give me the biggest dual hug.. cannot be beaten.. 

Kids - having my 3yr old daughter come into my office handwork next to me and when a song comes on she loves - jump off the chair and dance. Knowing that my 6 month old son will hopefully also want to sit out here (amongst the cars) and work with dad.

Thinking I have the 2 best bosses in the the world - and that who would want to work anywhere else.

Reading the vent thread.

But seriously, every time I drive my car, waking up every morning realising what a great place we live in & how lucky we are, getting a couple of pars at golf, really there are so many things to be happy about I lose count.

And to continue on from that soppy note.. coming home from work and my two kids (3 and 1 1/2 yrs) not being able to contain themselves running to the door to give me the biggest dual hug.. cannot be beaten.. 

I've got 2 dogs that greet me like that.  :P  a grunt from the teenager is a big event

Guest Harold

We go out on the boat, pick up the buoy, start the gen set and my wife makes a cup of tea. That moment when I sit down with the tea on the back deck and look out at Pittwater and I think of how lucky we are. It is very special.

We go out on the boat, pick up the buoy, start the gen set and my wife makes a cup of tea. That moment when I sit down with the tea on the back deck and look out at Pittwater and I think of how lucky we are. It is very special.

I really need a bot in my life! Looking at getting us a berty soon... I remember you saying you had quite the boat Harold!

Guest Harold

I really need a bot in my life! Looking at getting us a berty soon... I remember you saying you had quite the boat Harold!

It's not the biggest boat on the water, it is a Riviera 47 Enclosed. It has everything we need including 4 air con units, water maker etc. owning a boat like this is stupid. It would cost me $70k per annum to berth, service and fuel it. Fuel is the cheapest thing you put in. We hold 3700 litres.

It keeps me off my true love which is my motor bike. Cest la vie.

If you are on Pittwater our boat is called Eeyore and it is berthed at church point. Pop in and say hi, I am sure we can find a beer or something to share.

Finding a $50 note in the gutter and giving it to a pensioner (it wasn't hers) whilst she was waiting for a bus in the heat made me smile

I one of my neighbours is a lonely pensioner, took him out for lunch on Friday to our local RSL (that's how he rolls ;)). I found it depressing to see the amount of elderly people playing the pokies but each to their own I guess - hopefully your good will didn't end up in a poker machine!  :P