What's putting a smile on your dial?

Back on topic, riding my bike has always been a creative outlet for me. I'm a non drinker, smoker etc. (pretty boring to be honest) but riding has always been there to keep me sane through the good and bad - its what I like to do when I get some 'me time' and don't go for a drive.................

n538530568_457766_7169_zps79890703.jpg

I do have a road bike and do wear lycra on the odd occasion but am usually in my norm flanny and jeans, mostly on my BMX with this little guy!

1531964_764751016887427_216103085_n.jpg

Kids seem to be a general theme of the thread............... :)

Knowing I'm about to get a bunch of stuff fitted to my car(on 19th) that I have collected over last cpl of years. Tial wastegate, CEP fuel rail, turbosmart e-boost electronic boost controller(which I am fitting to connect to Tial), polished cam tower and intake, polished IC pipes(thanks Pauly), throttle body rebuild kit, new accelerator cable, new heater control valve, lightened and balanced pulley set up, new gates belts, and oil pressure sender.

I one of my neighbours is a lonely pensioner, took him out for lunch on Friday to our local RSL (that's how he rolls ;)). I found it depressing to see the amount of elderly people playing the pokies but each to their own I guess - hopefully your good will didn't end up in a poker machine!  :P

Nah, she said she was going to buy herself a new dress and some presents for her grandkids.

Dunno why, but my eyes got a bit 'leaky' all of a sudden. Must've been the heat and dust in the air 

Nice gesture with the meal for your neighbour Hugh 

Seeing the look of Joy in my daughters eyes yesterday as we went for our mandatory walk around the city. Her intellectual disability means she cannot speak but her eyes communicate all we need to know. And the walk is done in rain, hail, shine or 40 degree heat like we endured yesterday, nothing stops it.... After she has endured a tough couple of weeks it was a pleasure to see her smiling and all was well with the world :)

C

Seeing the look of Joy in my daughters eyes yesterday as we went for our mandatory walk around the city. Her intellectual disability means she cannot speak but her eyes communicate all we need to know. And the walk is done in rain, hail, shine or 40 degree heat like we endured yesterday, nothing stops it.... After she has endured a tough couple of weeks it was a pleasure to see her smiling and all was well with the world :)

C

reading that put a smile on mine!

Grandkids have a sleepover and at 5:30 am on a sunday morning they come tearing into the bedroom to wake us up :wacko:

Sunday arvo when the parents come to take home the little darlings, oh what joy!

So good to give them back, that's what is so good about grandchildren. :D

In no particular order!

This peculiar little dog makes me smile (and sometimes the opposite of that, the monster)

12218437656_a5d252d68a_o.jpg
P1300465 by mmanda withers, on Flickr

And then there's my niece....
8276542999_14a95e666d_o.jpg
IMG_0032 by mmanda withers, on Flickr

And nephew...

9679639370_c36fcbd67a_o.jpg
IMG_1002 by mmanda withers, on Flickr

Its the things you can't really buy.. that make the most smiles I think. 

I know it'll surprise everyone that has seen my NASCAR shirt, but I'm into country music too - I think my best 'smile on my dial' moment was meeting Tracy Lawrence who's a fairly famous US country singer a few years back (eight number one singles on US Billboard Country)

I applied for a job I really wanted on December 18 last year. 4 interviews totalling 6 hours,1 long psych test and 5 hours of math/english testing later I got the call yesterday afternoon saying I had the job if I wanted it. 

Money is a little better than I was getting but more importantly I'm interested in the work going on.

I applied for a job I really wanted on December 18 last year. 4 interviews totalling 6 hours,1 long psych test and 5 hours of math/english testing later I got the call yesterday afternoon saying I had the job if I wanted it. 

Money is a little better than I was getting but more importantly I'm interested in the work going on.

Well done mate - worth all the effort! 

My dial smiles each week when I hit the 200m mark of the 400m sprint.. The thrill & G forces of slingshotting as you put your boot in, not unlike a 911. I can live with the last 50m rubberlegs pain. The smile would be even bigger if I could run in Div A with my son , but he's gone to the next level , the bugger seems to have longer legs.

3 weeks time I go head to head at the nationals with a guy who ran the AFL boundary for 20 years and is current WC in the 1500. I am planning to drop the clutch just before the starting gun !

Congrats. Can't keep a good man down.

Nearly completing my home theatre room build that I had done all on my own (bar the veneer dressing of the room). It started off as a near 6.9 x 4.5 room/shell to look like this so far.............

1d94409d-48fd-4d0c-8a9a-ef6eb9493197_zps

e47649a4-4ed3-4403-acdf-b202c55bcd67_zps

8a006b90-b1f0-47a7-b82a-cba2b9b74227_zps

DSC_3813_zpsbefc9d3b.jpg

DSC_3808_zps18c59cc3.jpg

And to top it all off my girls love watching movies with us and playing the odd game of Call of Duty and GT6 in the racing seat in front of a 140" screen....................

By the end of the month I should/will have a cosmetically complete room! (only took me 15 months to finish)

• 2 weeks later...