What's putting a smile on your dial?

I only took delivery of my first Porsche 4 weeks ago, but since then there has been a huge difference in being 'noticed' on the road when compared to driving my previous car (Audi A3).

Most of it has been positive, but today I had the opposite experience. I was doing the work commute along the motorway (100km/h speed limit), and some guy in a ute decides he hates the idea of a guy driving a new Porsche convertible with the roof down. So he tries to dirty the car, and I presume get some water in the open cabin.

Now if I was trying to get water onto someone's car, the easiest way to do it in my opinion is to drive in front of them and activate your windscreen wiper fluid. But this genius of a man decided he had to try something different.

While in front of me, he put his driver's window down, took a big swig of his water bottle, and tried to spit the water out of the side of the window. If he managed to stick his head fully out of the window, he might have actually successfully completed his mission. But this budding rocket scientist did not. In the end, the water did what you would expect water to do when being spat out of a car window at 100+km/h. It went mostly back into the cabin and into his face.

To his credit, I think a tiny bit hit my windscreen.

Anyways, I drove past him laughing my head off. He at least was smart enough not to try again :)

Beautiful clear crisp day 9 deg on the Tweed. Plenty of firewood and electricity. ?

I have a morning off to enjoy my daughter's company for breakfast and coffee.

Who cares what's going on in the world. Livin in paradise. 

I really should get my sh1t together with photo's. 

1 hour ago, Airhead said:

Short drive home to the hills only so need some more kays over the weekend. Don't like the stop/start system though.

Stop/start is BS, turn it off. Weird thing I found with loaners is in the Cayenne when you turn it off it stays off, so when you get back in the car its off by default. Yet, all other P cars when you get back in the default is stop/start is active. My wifes MB & my Amorok are the same, just shits me, I paid for my cars why can’t I configure it to be exactly how I want it, not have to reset it every bloody time (maybe this should be in vent).

1 hour ago, GC9911 said:

Stop/start is BS, turn it off. Weird thing I found with loaners is in the Cayenne when you turn it off it stays off, so when you get back in the car its off by default. Yet, all other P cars when you get back in the default is stop/start is active. My wifes MB & my Amorok are the same, just shits me, I paid for my cars why can’t I configure it to be exactly how I want it, not have to reset it every bloody time (maybe this should be in vent).

I've never owned a car with that fitted, though it shits me enough when I hear it at the lights!

18 hours ago, LeeM said:

I've never owned a car with that fitted, though it shits me enough when I hear it at the lights!

I think that is another reason why traffic is SO BLOODY SLOW when the lights go green. (as well as looking at their phones/changing the radio or music devise whatever/scratching their nuts and any other distraction) instead of concentrating on the job in hand. Yes that should be in vent. ?

On 6/7/2018 at 10:29 PM, GC9911 said:

The rise of the machines. :Sweating: