What's putting a smile on your dial?

I was in the local Porsche centre this afternoon and there was a guy having his new GT3 delivered. A beautiful blue in colour it was. 

The guy was grinning like a loon and looked more excited then I remember my kids being at Christmas time! I left before he drove it off the floor but man was that one happy dude. 

• 3 weeks later...

I laughed out loud when I saw the footage of what that 'submarine' was, and thought it had to be a PR stunt.....or a submersible coffin! 

Good news from Shannons today. 911 repairs approved, so I'm just waiting for one of SA's best Porsche repairers to book it in ??

7 hours ago, LeeM said:

Good news from Shannons today. 911 repairs approved, so I'm just waiting for one of SA's best Porsche repairers to book it in ??

Well played, Lee.  Just make sure it isn't fixed up too nice to drive.   I can't bear to think of you harbouring a garage queen. 

1 hour ago, Harvs11 said:

Well played, Lee.  Just make sure it isn't fixed up too nice to drive.   I can't bear to think of you harbouring a garage queen. 

That's never gunna happen mate.

I will be cleaning it up a bit more, but not too prissy 

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta have a chuckle at shit like this above.... and this below has me in raptures..

Nothing funnier than people's doggiekids who take a shit amongst the occupied outdoor tables on a nice pleasant morn and mummy and daddy owners have to clean up the mess, and cop all the shit from everyone around them... Talk about the tail wagging the dog!!

Why they insist on taking their dogs to brunch and annoying everyone around them who know leaving your own dog at home so it doesn't annoy anyone else, is the sane and right thing to do, I'll never know. And yes I have a dog and have had many and I love them! When I eat I don't want the mutts anywhere in my presence, guess I'm just weird like that!

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Gotta have a chuckle at shit like this above.... and this below has me in raptures..

Nothing funnier than people's doggiekids who take a shit amongst the occupied outdoor tables on a nice pleasant morn and mummy and daddy owners have to clean up the mess, and cop all the shit form everyone around them... Talk about the tail wagging the dog!!

Why they insist on taking their dogs to brunch and annoying everyone around them who know leaving your own dog at home so it doesn't annoy anyone else, is the sane and right thing to do, I'll never know. And yes I have a dog and have had many and I love them! When I eat I don't want the mutts anywhere in my presence, guess I'm just weird like that!

No, not weird Troubleshooter, just considerate...

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Nothing funnier than people's doggiekids who take a shit amongst the occupied outdoor tables on a nice pleasant morn and mummy and daddy owners have to clean up the mess, and cop all the shit form everyone around them... Talk about the tail wagging the dog!!

You would love it in North America where dogs are allowed everywhere, hotel rooms and planes to name a few..... we were walking through I think it was Vancouver airport when a dog took a dump in the middle of the check in area...… it was a big golden retriever and then was allowed on a plane!

Yes I am a dog lover/ owner too.

On 7/26/2018 at 1:05 PM, ANF said:

You would love it in North America where dogs are allowed everywhere, hotel rooms and planes to name a few..... we were walking through I think it was Vancouver airport when a dog took a dump in the middle of the check in area...… it was a big golden retriever and then was allowed on a plane!

Better to dump at check in.  Imagine that load in a sealed cabin ?

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2018 at 8:05 PM, ANF said:

Australians are very uptight about dogs, despite owning a lot of them. Take mine all sorts of places including hotels, cafes and to work. The hotels have little ‘dog in room’ things to hang on the door.   Most American/Canadian dogs are better trained and behaved than dogs in Australia in my experience.  Probably because they get to go out in public a lot more instead of being left in a yard, or maybe it’s an attitude thing.  Public crapping and leaving is pretty rare given how many are getting around.  It all works pretty well. 

On 9/14/2018 at 8:07 AM, tazzieman said:

Dogs by and large are pretty clean & sociable. Humans OTOH (some of who boil their underwear in hotel kettles) are rather revolting.
Never seen a dog pick its nose in public either, nor vomit on a public street!

Glad we can't lick our arse 'eh tazzie.